Time taken for conversion of temporary partner visa to permanent residency

boganbear

Hi folks.

I have a partner visa which is temporary at the moment and due for conversion later this month. Has anyone got any idea how long it takes to get the permanent residency visa?

I've started collecting my evidence for proof of an ongoing relationship to help speed things up, warned the Australian rellies that we will need statutory declarations and downloaded the Police check forms. its probably best not to do too much until I get the paperwork from Immigration.

I don't think there will be a problem getting the visa but I hope that they are pretty quick, as I have had a lot of trouble getting a permanent job. I'm on short term contracts at the moment but you never know how long these will last or if jobs will be avaiilable. I've had a lot of interviews for jobs but I suspect that my temp visa status is affecting my ability to get a permanent job. I had an interview last week for my dream job and just hope I'm not turned down because of this again.

Cheers

its probably best not to do too much until I get the paperwork from Immigration.

If your 2 years is up this month then you need to get in touch with DIAC immediately.

The paperwork is sent out two months in advance of the date the partner visa application was lodged as that is the critical date for the 2 years.

Have you informed DIAC of any changes of address or contact details?

hi Les

Yes they do have my correct address and I phoned them last month to see what is happening. They said don't do anything untl i get the paperwork but I've started to get things ready anyway. However, 2 years since the application was lodged will be later this month.

I'll phone them again and see what is going on

Archived