RE: Work in Brisbane

onecrankypom

Hey just wondering if any one elses is experince problems gettng a job in Brisbane it seems no matter how much experience i have in the Accounts and Banking field I stil can't secure work and i must say the last 6 months have been a bumpy ride and i know i not the only one out there but glad Poms in oz is here other wise i go spare. As much as i not a fan of Brisbane having the little one made me reailse i cant expect my famiily to follow me around the county in my career aspirations moments

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time:hug:

I hope you dont mind me asking, but what do you do?

Hubby is an accountant (group financial controller) and we are heading to Brisbane in August! Should we be considering another city?:wideeyed:The feedback he has had from the agencies was good!

I hope things pick up for you soon!

Melanie x

Hi not sure if relevant to you both but my hubby is accountant and we came here February. He got a job by day 11 and has been there 3 months now and just finished his probation. He got the job through Hays they have been really good. Hope it helps?

Sam

hi,

have you tried joining some of the Brisbane work groups in LinkedIn? Some have good job boards where people are often advertising - its probably less formal and more casual than going through an agency.

cheers sg

I think partly it's luck - being in the right place at the right time. Keep trying and don't give up hope with it. There are jobs out there and when the right one comes up it will be the one you get.

GOOD LUCK!

Love

Rudi

x

Archived