We've got jobs, yay!

Guest valleylass

Guest valleylass

We have finally got proper work after having bits and pieces since we returned to the UK in February. There have been lots to apply for too, so it hasn't been a question of taking anything. Our children love their schools. It has been a bit of a rollercoaster but we are now moving forward. Life is indeed good :biggrin:

valleylass

Guest chris955

Well done, good for you. I didn't think there was any work in the UK and it was going down the toilet :laugh:

Guest valleylass

You really mustn't let Nick and David hear that, everything is fine now they are in charge!

You really mustn't let Nick and David hear that, everything is fine now they are in charge!

I really feel optimistic now we have got rid of that shower, ........1997 " things can only get better " .......yeah right

I genuinely have hope for the future with nick and dave .......its going to take a while but it did the last time

We have finally got proper work after having bits and pieces since we returned to the UK in February. There have been lots to apply for too, so it hasn't been a question of taking anything. Our children love their schools. It has been a bit of a rollercoaster but we are now moving forward. Life is indeed good :biggrin:

valleylass

Well done that's brilliant- where did you head back to and how long were you in Oz?

Guest MSTO

Brilliant news....and I hear you are having a bit of sun over there too:biggrin:

5 weeks for us and we will be on the Big Bird going home too

Guest MSTO
Arghh we have another 18 or so- not booked yet but looking at sept.

Hi Corina,

It was almost a year ago that we made the decision to come home and the year has come round so fast. 18 weeks will come round soon enough

Good Luck

Guest spacegirl73

Think yourself lucky (no pun intended LOL) I've got to wait till next year after already spending 5 years here! Bah I dont know how i've done it!

Guest MSTO
9 1/2 weeks for us and counting, got a lickle stop in Phuket en-route LOL

Lucky you...enjoy.

Who are you flying with to stop in Phuket. We were thinking of a stopover en-route...but we will be back mid world cup and we want to see a few games at a normal time :jiggy:

Guest MSTO
Listen, will all of you heading back just 'put yourselves away' nobody wants to here about your fantastic move to UK!!!

Seriously I'm only jealous- good luck to you all and really hope it goes well-roll on September yahoo xxxx

Hey Corina,

Honestly 18 weeks will come round soon enough. Where is it you are heading back too? I have waited nearly 52 weeks for this and now on the final 5 weeks whoo hoo:jiggy:

Guest valleylass

CorinaMac - we are in S Yorkshire and ...

THE SUN IS OUT.... but it isn't humid or burning so much that my head hurts. Might put the thermals away if this continues!!:swoon:

Congratulations on getting jobs, i've been looking in the local paper every day for when my O/H returns from Oz and i can honestly say there has definitely been more jobs advertised in the last few weeks than when we were in the Uk last year and maybe the year before

Tania x

Guest shawgorbys
Congratulations on getting jobs, i've been looking in the local paper every day for when my O/H returns from Oz and i can honestly say there has definitely been more jobs advertised in the last few weeks than when we were in the Uk last year and maybe the year before

Tania x

Hiya Tania not heard of you in ages whats going on have you come back to the uk last i spoke on here you were of to OZ were still trying to get there hope everything is ok with you all take care hun :hug:from Andrea&family xxx

Guest valleylass

It gets better people - yesterday we viewed a brilliant house that completely fits the bill. Couldn't have dreamed of affording it three years ago but house prices being what they are now....what a week! For us coming back has been uncomfortable, and sometimes scary i.e. What have we done? but it has always felt like the right decision. Now the fundementals are falling into place we can finally start to relax a little and that feels fantastic.

It's not been easy but that's the route we chose so I'm not going to grumble.

valleylass

Hiya Tania not heard of you in ages whats going on have you come back to the uk last i spoke on here you were of to OZ were still trying to get there hope everything is ok with you all take care hun :hug:from Andrea&family xxx

Hi we are good thanks, been back in the uk for 9 weeks now, and feeling alot better, not saying we will never go back to Oz but for now, enjoying England and the kids are lovin it to be with their family and friends.

Hope you get to Oz soon

Tania x :wubclub:

Guest rayman1

Great news about the jobs. Its good when all the pieces start falling into place. We love being back in the UK and the sunshine is great.

Lucky you...enjoy.

Who are you flying with to stop in Phuket. We were thinking of a stopover en-route...but we will be back mid world cup and we want to see a few games at a normal time :jiggy:

Hi again MSTO.

we are flying V Australia one way to phuket $350 each. Then we pick up a flight a week later with Silkair (part of singapore airlines) Direct to Manchester then my two beagle dogs fly 2 weeks later.

Ohhh counting the days to our big re-union with our family and "old" friends.

Glad that things are working out okay for you guys and that you have managed to get jobs and that the children are happy. Where in the UK did you move back to?

We have been out here for 2 years but are looking at going home in September too. Just keeping our fingers crossed that we can find work. My husband is in IT so we are hoping that things are better than they were. Moving back to our house in Kent. Loved living in Oz but will be glad to get home.

Anne66

Archived