esperance or geraldton ?

Guest boslowen

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kornish
why will it stretch untill october?! i dont think my nerves will stretch untill then!

Just a thought, as we were originally told end of August! Now were into September! It's frustrating me a lot too! Life is on hold until this is settled:shocked: I had a very weird dream lastnight in the dream I had ordered a new car, then realised Oz was on the cards! panicked then about cancelling the order!

Luckily I now know it was adream:twitcy:

Come on ARG let us know:jiggy:Pretty Please

ARG probably haven't even got permission to allow foreign drivers in yet.

I've kind've forgotten about the whole thing. It'll be a nice suprise to hear an aussie voice on the phone one morning, saying yes or no.

Still can't sell the house though!

Guest Kornish

Hi all! I have had an email as I suspect have lots of you? Paula has apologised for the delay, adding that they hope to have finished choosing the successful applicants along with phoning them in the next 2 weeks! Not quite October then but halfway there. lol! The waiting is horrible! Life is on pause!

absolutely nothing :sad: were real miserable at the moment. what a day its been raining since last night here and no sign of any let up! all we can do is dream of oz.........

• 3 weeks later...
Guest boslowen
It's just hit me! Will this wait stretch to October?:frown:

Looks like you were right Kornish.......here we are......October !

Still , soon be Christmas:santadance:

Guest MongooseB
Looks like you were right Kornish.......here we are......October !

Still , soon be Christmas:santadance:

Yup, October, November, December...2011!! It's anybody's guess now - perhaps we should start bets on when we'll hear...:biglaugh:

Bad communication leaving a bad taste in the mouth.:goofy:

well all, I think it no news is good news for the moment! everyone that has heard has had a no! I'm just a bit concerned that if all this goes through now are they still going to hold us to a january departure? we all have houses to sell :eek::twitcy:

Guest MongooseB
well all, I think it no news is good news for the moment! everyone that has heard has had a no! I'm just a bit concerned that if all this goes through now are they still going to hold us to a january departure? we all have houses to sell :eek::twitcy:

I wish it were tomorrow, had enough of the miserable weather in Scotland! Fortunately we don't have a house to sell, but good luck to those who do, I know it must be quite a worry.

From speaking to Paula, it will be "after January" - not sure what she means by that though.

:skeptical:

Guest boslowen

yes we have our house to sell...not had any viewings for ages...but then we dont want to sell our house if we are not going to oz.....so not sure if its good or bad...depends how you look at it i suppose...still got our fingers crossed.:yellow_guy_smiling_

Guest Kornish

My fingers have been crossed for so long they have now joined & become 1! We have just bought a house & are renovating it as I type! If I get offered a position, we will rent it out, if I don't get offered a position we will live in it.

If you can not sell your house now, or in time for ARG's requirement for you to move to Oz. Contact an estate agent for free & ask them the feasibility of renting your house out. After all you will be renting at 1st in Oz so won't need the equity straight away!

+ you never know, we may see house prices & the poorly £ regain some oomph? It can't get any worse! so again as said before, be hopeful all the no's have been given out & only yeses are left! I for sure do NOT want a no call! I'm going no matter what.:biggrin::gingerbreadhouse:Even if it is Xmas

Guest boslowen
My fingers have been crossed for so long they have now joined & become 1! We have just bought a house & are renovating it as I type! If I get offered a position, we will rent it out, if I don't get offered a position we will live in it.

If you can not sell your house now, or in time for ARG's requirement for you to move to Oz. Contact an estate agent for free & ask them the feasibility of renting your house out. After all you will be renting at 1st in Oz so won't need the equity straight away!

+ you never know, we may see house prices & the poorly £ regain some oomph? It can't get any worse! so again as said before, be hopeful all the no's have been given out & only yeses are left! I for sure do NOT want a no call! I'm going no matter what.:biggrin::gingerbreadhouse:Even if it is Xmas

thanks Kornish..good advice about the house renting.

while I was driving trains down in sunny Cornwall my wife was busy looking after our business...a letting agency looking after about 140 house for landlords so shes pretty clued up on the rental markets , we have decided that route is probably not for us and we will persevere with the house sale....i will go to oz on my own till it sells then the familly will follow. if the exchange rate does not improve then we will just leave our money in the uk for a while.

like the little house you got there....reminds us of a little cottage we had down there....used to look just like that at Christmas........cheers all

thanks Kornish..good advice about the house renting.

while I was driving trains down in sunny Cornwall my wife was busy looking after our business...a letting agency looking after about 140 house for landlords so shes pretty clued up on the rental markets , we have decided that route is probably not for us and we will persevere with the house sale....i will go to oz on my own till it sells then the familly will follow. if the exchange rate does not improve then we will just leave our money in the uk for a while.

like the little house you got there....reminds us of a little cottage we had down there....used to look just like that at Christmas........cheers all

We're the same boslowen, we don't want to go down the rental route either. We're hoping to sell before we go, but if not.... well we'll cross that bridge when we get to it!

:err:

Hi,

It seems the fitter roles have been decided upon and the phonecalls have started. So, keep your phones close by....

Hi Mongoose B,

So when did you get the call? was it in the morning or evening? I'm unsure by your post, cant make out whether or not you got a positive desicion, i'm edging towards positive! Especially as your mood is happy!!!!!!!

Guest MongooseB
Hi Mongoose B,

So when did you get the call? was it in the morning or evening? I'm unsure by your post, cant make out whether or not you got a positive desicion, i'm edging towards positive! Especially as your mood is happy!!!!!!!

My mood is ALWAYS happy, but in answer to your question, we've not had a call, which I believe is a good thing. I've just had word from a couple of guys that they've been called, both unsuccessful unfortunately.

We have also spoken directly with Paula, aren't expecting a negative if that makes any sense, but still not 100% confirmed positive - 99.9% though.

My mood is ALWAYS happy, but in answer to your question, we've not had a call, which I believe is a good thing. I've just had word from a couple of guys that they've been called, both unsuccessful unfortunately.

We have also spoken directly with Paula, aren't expecting a negative if that makes any sense, but still not 100% confirmed positive - 99.9% though.

Still feel sick xx:biglaugh:

Still feel sick xx:biglaugh:

me 2 Janie!

we're going on holiday next week for 3 weeks and I can see us still not knowing when we come back!!!!!!

Well cheesed off now

:err::daydreaming::eek::twitcy::huh::dull::jiggy: