Remaining Relative Visa

Ozzieland

Guest Tralaah

Hi, I sent my paperwork in for this visa last Thursday, I have been told by some it takes 4 to 5 months and others have told me 6 to 9 months, unfortunately I haven't been able to find out anything further. Will post more as my visa application goes along if that may help?

Hi, I sent my paperwork in for this visa last Thursday, I have been told by some it takes 4 to 5 months and others have told me 6 to 9 months, unfortunately I haven't been able to find out anything further. Will post more as my visa application goes along if that may help?

Thanks... I look forward to knowing how you fair... Good luck !

Guest Tralaah

Hi thank you, I can't believe it, but I've just received an email from the Migration Branch acknowledging my application, giving me a reference number and case officer and requesting my medical, they've also informed me that "as a guideline for yourself, current processing times for Family Migration visas at the Australian High Commission London are approximately 4 - 6 months due to our current workloads". Hope this information helps you! I am in shock, the reality has finally hit me!!

Hi thank you, I can't believe it, but I've just received an email from the Migration Branch acknowledging my application, giving me a reference number and case officer and requesting my medical, they've also informed me that "as a guideline for yourself, current processing times for Family Migration visas at the Australian High Commission London are approximately 4 - 6 months due to our current workloads". Hope this information helps you! I am in shock, the reality has finally hit me!!

Wow... that was pretty quick :biggrin: Well I am happy for you and I pray all goes well... Good luck :hug:

Guest rae848
Does anyone know approximately how long does it take for the processing of a Remaining Relative Visa ?

Hi

Where are you applying from? I applied from the UK last June & my LRR visa took nearly 8 months & was issued in Feb & I came over to Melbourne in March this year. Four of us had a thread going for a while on here & we all applied for Last remaining relative subclass 115 visa from the UK at around the same time, 2 got their visa in 6 months & the last of us who is still waiting but nearing the end of the process now has taken a similar time to me so it did vary between about 6 to 8 months.

Good luck & hope yours goes through quickly.

Regards

Rachel

Guest Tralaah
Hi

Where are you applying from? I applied from the UK last June & my LRR visa took nearly 8 months & was issued in Feb & I came over to Melbourne in March this year. Four of us had a thread going for a while on here & we all applied for Last remaining relative subclass 115 visa from the UK at around the same time, 2 got their visa in 6 months & the last of us who is still waiting but nearing the end of the process now has taken a similar time to me so it did vary between about 6 to 8 months.

Regards

Rachel

Hi, I'm applying through London. I'm very much hoping that I shall be in Melbourne by October this year (fingers crossed!). I'm going for my medical next week, so now the waiting begins, but thank you for the good wishes, they are much appreciated, I can't wait to get there!

Hi

Regards

Rachel

Hi,

We are from India. We are looking at this visa for my sister who will be the last out. This seems like quite a straightforward visa but I guess there may be some complicated situations. I am happy for you and you are enjoying Melbourne. :biggrin:

Hi, I'm applying through London. I'm very much hoping that I shall be in Melbourne by October this year (fingers crossed!). I'm going for my medical next week, so now the waiting begins, but thank you for the good wishes, they are much appreciated, I can't wait to get there!

Wish you well for your Meds :biggrin:

Guest Tralaah
Hi,

We are from India. We are looking at this visa for my sister who will be the last out. This seems like quite a straightforward visa but I guess there may be some complicated situations. I am happy for you and you are enjoying Melbourne. :biggrin:

Hi, thank you. In my experience the paperwork was pretty straightforward, I just made sure that I sent all copies of paperwork requested, I front loaded my Police Certificate, I was too worried to front load the medical just in case the timing didn't work out. Good luck for your sister!

• 3 months later...
Hi, thank you. In my experience the paperwork was pretty straightforward, I just made sure that I sent all copies of paperwork requested, I front loaded my Police Certificate, I was too worried to front load the medical just in case the timing didn't work out. Good luck for your sister!

Hi

Did you finally get your visa ? According to many on this forum, they have not been granted the LLR visa because they are on hold for over 6 months. The information that they are given is that Family sponsored visas have been reduced and therefore theres too....

Does anyone know approximately how long does it take for the processing of a Remaining Relative Visa ?

Hi there Ozzieland,

Can you tell me when you applied for this visa and also do you know if you've been appointed a case officer yet?

I lodged my application(Remaining Relative) in Feb 2010 (Onshore) and I'm yet to be appointed a case officer.

Hi there Ozzieland,

Can you tell me when you applied for this visa and also do you know if you've been appointed a case officer yet?

I lodged my application(Remaining Relative) in Feb 2010 (Onshore) and I'm yet to be appointed a case officer.

I haven't applied for this visa. However, if you see, Tralaah's case, she had applied for this visa end April, 2010 and she got her visa on 1st July, 2010.

Hi there Ozzieland,

Hi lazybones1987

I applied onshore in November 2009 and was appointed a case officer in April 2010...

Meds done in May & police checks went to her in early July.

I then got added to the 'gathering dust' pile!!

Don't hold your breath for anything - just try to relax and enjoy being here!!

Cx

Hi lazybones1987

I applied onshore in November 2009 and was appointed a case officer in April 2010...

Meds done in May & police checks went to her in early July.

I then got added to the 'gathering dust' pile!!

Don't hold your breath for anything - just try to relax and enjoy being here!!

Cx

Thanks for sharing SleepWombat! Yeah I guess I have got nothing to do but just sit and wait. Do keep us updated when there's an improvement with your case.

Cheers!

• 4 years later...

hi, i also want to apply for this visa, can you help me what documents needed? so that i can start with my application, thank you & godbless...

Based on current Planning Levels and the allocation of the majority of the Other Family places to the Carer visa category, it is currently estimated that Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications that were lodged in 2014 and meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately 56 years to be released for final processing (calculated from 14 August 2014).http://www.immi.gov.au/Live/Pages/family/other-family-visa-queue.aspx

Archived