Migration Agent or not?

chlodanamy

It seems to be personal preference ,,some do ,some don't,, it can also depend on your circumstances, if you feel your case may be complicated then it is probably wise to get some advice from an agent.

We did use an agent, they were great and even if i had my time again i would still use an agent,, that extra pair of eyes and someone to answer my questions and relieve the stress a little was well worth the money.

Cal x

Guest theredmenace

Mmmm Ive just started the ball rolling myself. Spoke to a MA and they wanted £1700. Ive also got to register with the podiatry council which is £400, then apply for state sponsorship with all the carry on at the moment with that, then the application itself is about £1400 + medicals and police checks.

Its not cheap, I could be doing other things with the £1700!!

My advice is to read the advice on here - its excellent, also read the forms and what theyre looking for. Make sure you can arrange all the evidence. If your confident (or a miserable Scot like me) go for it yourself, if not get an agent.

Guest nothernmonkey

My adice would be also with the other posts. Depends on your circumstances. If you do go with a am agent make sure they are registerd with the Australian Immigration Authority. We went with Australian Migration Consultant based in London who is an Australian himself. The service and advice was excellent.

thanks, I don't think that our circumstances are complex and can definately handle the TRA and SS alone but when looking through the actual visa application form my need help with some of the questioning, therefore do I just go for the basic package of getting an agent to assist with completing the application rather than looking after the whole process for me? and use the money saved for when we get there. decisions, decisions:confused:

I didn't use an agent for my prospective marriage visa and even when things started to go wrong with the health check, we sorted it with a little help and encouragement from these forums. It might not work for everyone - especially people who are not experienced with paperwork - but the process is supposed to be possible for people to do without agents. On the other hand, if they can arrange housing and help with employment before you arrive, then it could be worth it IMO.

Guest Gollywobbler
thanks, I don't think that our circumstances are complex and can definately handle the TRA and SS alone but when looking through the actual visa application form my need help with some of the questioning, therefore do I just go for the basic package of getting an agent to assist with completing the application rather than looking after the whole process for me? and use the money saved for when we get there. decisions, decisions:confused:

Hi there

Which bits of the visa application process do you think you are stuck on, please? That is, what questions on which forms are foxing you?

If you want me and the other posters on here to look at a particular form, please post the link to the relevant form(s).

Cheers

Gill

Personally I thought the actual visa application itself was pretty straight forward. And whilst initially we thought the TRA was simple enough...we think we made the right decision in using an agent to help us with this part.... don't under estimate just how much information the TRA will be wanting and how detailed your TRA application needs to be. Using an agent for this cost us approx £900 plus the TRA fee of around £150 but it's a big part of your whole application process.

The thing with your visa application is to read through the questions carefully.... make sure you have ALL your paperwork ready and scanned as PDF's (birth certs, wedding certs, passports etc etc), CV, copy of your TRA approval when you get it. That way you aren't running round trying to find what you need.

p.s don't forget to get certified copies of these various documents

Guest Tania Cox

I'd agree with everyone else really that it's purely a personal choice....we're using an agent, yes it's a lot of money, but we both work full time and have a large family...so for our peace of mind, having someone to answer questions, look over draft copies of forms, and give us guidance....we've gone for an agent in Australia. But plenty don't use them and are still very successful. I think maybe if i'd discovered all the support and expertise on this forum, before we strted the process, then maybe we 'd have the confidence to have not used one....whatever u decide...good luck! :)

Archived