White pudding, black pudding & tattie scones!

abz123

Moved over to Perth at the beginning of March and an trying to find a source for the above.

Our Coles sells an Irish recipe white pudding but it's quite different to what I was hoping for.

Is there a "Scottish" butcher anywhere NOR or a Sunday market where I can buy a little "slice of home"?

Tattie scones would be a good find too if anyone knows of a source.

Thanks.:spinny:

Moved over to Perth at the beginning of March and an trying to find a source for the above.

Our Coles sells an Irish recipe white pudding but it's quite different to what I was hoping for.

Is there a "Scottish" butcher anywhere NOR or a Sunday market where I can buy a little "slice of home"?

dont know of anywhere nor ...but butcher in secret harbour sells all the above ...well worth a trip to stock up the freezer !!!!

mrs keily

Star of the North at Currambine Market Place sells black pudding and tattie scones and square sausage. Not sure about white pudding. There is also a butchers somewhere in Woodvale that is run by an irishman so he may be able to help.

Try aussie food if it is your "home" , you will find some expat butcher sellin brit food to other expats at a very high cost , they aint daft

Guest SO,DIZZY

wow black pudding and tattie scones ,, awe wit ad give for a big Scottish brecky...:wink:

Try aussie food if it is your "home" , you will find some expat butcher sellin brit food to other expats at a very high cost , they aint daft

Toys back in the pram please! :mad:

I'm not believing you eat exclusively aussie food yourself.

Just looking for a little treat for the Mrs for AUSSIE mother's day next month. Not a full Scottish breakfast every day.

I'm embracing the FIFO culture as much as I can. :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest shelllacey

Whenever you have leftover mashed potato just mix loads of plain flour into it until you form a dough. Then roll out and cut into triangles. They store in the freezer. We had a fab cooked brekkie this morning with our stored tattie scones.:wink:

For anyone SOR there's a butcher on Wray Street in Freo that sells Scottish meat products, not been in myself I'm vegetarian so can't vouch for it. If you're down that way I can vouch for Wild Poppy, the cafe just over the road, not your average eatery, the chef used to be a celeb in SA and up until recently was head chef at one of the top silver service places in Perth 1870(??) yet the prices are the same as anywhere in Freo.

Enjoy your scottish breakfast and there is nothing wrong with muticultural food, bet no-one would comment if you were looking for a Chinese supermarket or Italian restaurant!!

Well said Jules! You're so right. Will call into both when next in Freo, love Freo. Currambine butchers good, also McLoughlin butchers in Woodvale. Not sure what their white pudding is like but their sausages and black pudding are good, also they do their own sausage meat which beats the crap that Woolies and Coles sell. :biglaugh:

• 2 months later...
Guest macfamily

There's a wholesale butcher called Paul Doherty in Malaga that does Irish pudding. Not sure about the tatty scones - he sells directly to the public also.

Guest afrogers

I have tried different types of black pudding in Australia since I first arrived and I found that Robs Butcher in Dandenong, which supplies quite a few shops, is the best. There are quite a lot of British goods available from Britain on the Bayside near Brisbane.

Adrian...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest geordielassinspain

Thanks all. Am moving to melboune on the 9th oct. and my OH and I also love black pudding! Good to know there is a good butcher that sells it, though am looking to forward to trying all sorts of local cuisine!!!

:cute:

Archived