Any Advice moving to Melbourne end of May no accomodation to go too

Guest sharpie76

I have been checking out hostels also but im looking to house share when i get there end of november

gumtree is your best bet for shared accomadation we are on our 3rd shared house off gum as we travel round . paying no rent at mo just doing 10 hrs work in the house per week! and across the road from the beach :wink:

Guest sharpie76

Hi Seems a great idea but not for us we have a 14 yr old so i think we would be better finding something to suit a familys needs but i would consider your option if it was just me and my partner Thanks :)

Guest nothernmonkey

Thanks guys for all the advice. We have secured a rental through the owner. I know it's a bit risky though we are really in a chat 22. We have a 2 year old and would prefer to get a place before we come over.

The chat 22 is limited funds as we are renting are place out in the UK and the fact that we would be blowing money on a furnished rental and ending up not having the bond and month up front, plus rental car to look around possible future rentals.

I'll let you know how things go. I think 20 yrs ago you could not take such a gable...though the internet, limited it may be, makes moving to the other side of the world soooooo much easier...thank the genius of Alan Turing for this..;)

Guest GillianM

Hi Nicki, hope you find a rental soon. We will be moving to Melbourne prob end July and thinking of Berwick, if we can get a rental there. My 2 daughters will be coming with us 18 and 14. Is your 14 year old looking forward to moving? at first Brogan didn't want to go but now shes quite excited, probably a bit nervous about starting a new school and not knowing anybody. If you want you can let her get in touch with my 14 year old, you never no maybe we will live near each other. Just PM me if you want me to give you her Facebook or MSN address.

Gillian

Hey claire and luke, thanks for the advice, i had been looking on aussie room finder atm. I figured around 150 to 200 dollars p/w would get me a decent ish place??/ How long you out there for?

yeah u should get a decent place for that, we are here till sept (ish!) then off to NZ. where u thinkin of heading and when do u arrive? we are in bon beach nice area out the city nr frankston.

Guest sharpie76
yeah u should get a decent place for that, we are here till sept (ish!) then off to NZ. where u thinkin of heading and when do u arrive? we are in bon beach nice area out the city nr frankston.

Hi Claire and Luke, we are hoping to land for mid June, we are looking at renting in the Wheelers Hill, Mount Waverely, doncaster area's think we will have to wait and see whats around and how easy it is to get a rental, lucky you off to NZ soon enjoy your travels.

Mount Waverley is quite handy as regards train stations-also nearby Glen Waverley which has lots of good restaurants if you like eating out. Glen Waverley Secondary College is one of the best state schools in Victoria and so is Mt Waverley Sec College but you have to live within their catchment zones as they are both very popular. If you can afford private schools, Wesley College at Glen Waverley is also excellent. I have a daughter who lives at Mt Waverley off Blackburn Rd and she loves it there but it can be pricey these days.

Archived