London Heathrow- Termianl 4 - Terminal 1 Transfer

emmaroo

Hi

I am flying into Terminal 4 at Heathrow on Wednesday but need to get to Terminal 1 to get my flight up to Edinburgh. Has anyone done this transfer and if so, how easy is it? how long does it take?

I have had a look at the website bus not tell you much.

Thanks in advance

Emma

:cute:

Hi

I am flying into Terminal 4 at Heathrow on Wednesday but need to get to Terminal 1 to get my flight up to Edinburgh. Has anyone done this transfer and if so, how easy is it? how long does it take?

I have had a look at the website bus not tell you much.

Thanks in advance

Emma

:cute:

Yes - done similar myself, but before T5 opened - so may be it has changed. Surprised there is not more info on the BAA website. For what it is worth, they ran a bus service across (under) the airfield. Bus ride takes about 15 minutes, but you used to have to allow 75-90 minutes for the transfer. It is no bother - keep your eyes open for 'Flight Connections' signs and follow these. You don't leave the airside. If you do by mistake, I think you can take the tube from T4 to T1-3, and there may be an external bus service too (which in the dim and distant past I had to take by not noticing the flight connection signs and wandering into arrivals).

Safe journey!

It has all changed - please ignore my post entirely!

I last did this during heavy snowfall early on a Tuesday evening in 2008 and if memory serves, it took the best part of an hour to transfer from terminal 1 to terminal 4 by bus. For a good half of the journey we had the company of a pickled tramp whose temperament was pleasant but his odour was not! The bus was also packed with people so it was a tight squeeze but we all got there in one piece and with both stations very easy to find it was as close to a door-to-door service as you could get.

Hopefully the service has improved since then! I hope you have a safe and uneventful trip back to Edinburgh :hug:

Archived