Mrs Excitabubble!

munchkinpie

So excitabubble and need to tell someone (trying to keep things low-key with family in case everything goes pearshaped/takes years etc) :chatterbox:

OH has an interview with a company today who are in London recruiting for some massive projects the company has just secured.

He went to an "evening" with them on Tuesday - basically they contacted some people in UK and invited them to this bar in London to ply them with food and drink while telling them all about the company, what they were looking for, what they offered to lure you over there etc. He went up and spoke to 3 of the main people and everyone of them knew who he was when he said his name and stated they loved his showreel, couldnt wait to see him Friday - did he have his passport ready?

OH recorded the presentation on his phone as he knew id ask a million questions - package they are offering includes flights, relocation costs, LAFHA but .................. on a 457 :eek:

The job is in Sydney so that means high living costs and 3 kids worth of school fees - can you see the dollars stacking up?

So we spent Wed and Thurs getting facts and figures together and he has went off today armed with pages of questions, figures etc and we are praying that what they can put on the table will be enough for us to live comfortably. Also when they spoke to him on Tuesday they basically said they want him yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! Never going to happen as our visa application is never going to be straightforward (kids from previous marriage, divorce not finalised etc etc)

So at 2 o clock today we will see what they have to say.

He is going to ask for possibility of ENS121 (or getting there and applying for 856) or if it comes to it we can still go ahead wth applying for the 885/886 when we get there.

Worried that the numbers we are throwing at them are extortionate but still getting used to rough conversation from Aus $ to GBP and I guess Sydney companies should factor in the increased costs for employees so they may not be too shocked.

Im waffling again but my minds firing at 100mph!

Wish us luck everyone

L

x

Hi hope he gets the job we are going to Sydney on a 457 in April have you checked out rental costs etc to be in a nice area Upper North Shore, Turramurra, Chatswood, Pymble is termed the better end in most peoples eyes and rents there are average $650-950 per WEEK shocked us so hope he is on a good wage, parking in Sydney is a bit of a nightmare so look for property close to public transport links they seems relatively cheap and plentiful. Schools check out the website to see the stats on the schools some of the public schools have better results than the private ones and of course LAFHA only lasts as long as you still have your main UK property. Plus if you go for 121 no LAHFA you lose it as you are on permanent visa

Hey guys

Well OH thinks it went very very well. Got on amazingly with the people and they seemed really positive.

They are flying back to Sydney today and back in work Tues so its now a waiting game to see what they can come back to us with regarding package. They appreciate the extra expenses of 3 kids schooling etc and are sure that they can come up with something to lure us over lol. Guess im on tenderhooks in the meantime lol!

They are only offering 457 but if we do want to independently apply for pr once there they will provide the services of their agent.

It would have been so easy for us just to say "yes yes yes" to what they initially offered but we are looking at this sensibly as possible. We are determined to make Aus work for us but im not going to move my family to the other side of the world and live on bread and water with 3 kids all in one bedroom etc!

LYNMACMD - we are looking Sutherland Shire - Cronulla, Miranda etc as it seemed to appeal to me plus company has offices in Newtown and Potts Point so train line would be accommodating. Prices are shocking ...we had originally been hoping to head for Melbourne. Found a few on real estate sites that I like for around 700 pw. Have you looked at myschool.com.au ? Not the easiest site but I finally worked it out and you can bring up lots of info.

With the LAFHA we can claim that even though we will have no property in UK (we rent) until we do make an application for PR.

Anyway ................. I hate waiting lol

L

x

Archived