WA SS........ Sufficient funds?

Pozz

Ive been looking at WA State Sponsorship and applying under the GSM it states you need sufficient funds for settlement (i think).

How much are we talking and how do they check you have these funds?

Guest Rob c
Ive been looking at WA State Sponsorship and applying under the GSM it states you need sufficient funds for settlement (i think).

Very good question Pozz, i dont mean to hi-jack your thread, but if anyone can answer the same question in reguards Victoria State Sponsership, that would bo of much help to me :)

Guest trigger

there isnt really any certain amount that you have to take with you. All they want is for you to support youself. My agent said there have been people that have said they will be taking £500 and they have been granted ss. we have put down what we think the minimum would be for us that way we are being honest and if we have any more cash to take then its a bonus. We will be taking more as we have a business we will be selling / having our share out of and a house we will be selling [but not to sure if we will keep and rent yet] My advise is be as honest as you can but dont put a higher amount down which cannot be met. Put a optomistic amount down. I dont think anyone can be exact on how much funds they will be taking To WA to settle with. Our ss application was submitted 31st August 09 so we should be hearing anytime now. What was a 8 week wait is now alot longer but we are in no rush still working our balls of inthe uk and working 13 hrs a day 6 days a week and to knackered to enjoy life on sundays, thats if we are not talking work. Good luck

Richard and Jo

We emailed WA state sponsorship department prior to submitting the application, asking them the amount that we hope to bring with us will depend on selling our house and if we don't sell, are we still committed to bringing the same amount? We were emailed back advising, it is up to us when we bring the funds as its to ensure you can support yourselves once arriving in WA.

We have now decided to rent our house so wont be taking over as much as we had hoped!

Thanks guys.

I looked at other areas websites to see what their requirements are and they were quite specific. SA requesting something like 25k for the main applicant and 5 or 7k for dependants!

I only plan on taking a few thousand and that will be from selling my car and bike etc just before I move, so hopefully they will accept my estimation of what I will bring.

Guest wackyracer22

Hi

I have just received my SS agreement from the WA gov and one of the terms is that you transfer $20,000 to Australia, im not sure if they check (ive got another thread running to find out)....but i really hope they dont!

Archived