IELTS this week

hellsbells712

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am pleased for the people who are still to sit the ielts but annoyed that iv + others have spent £400 on this test + the stress caused. Its delayed our application for nearly a year and now their stating we may not need it!!! I feel like contacting them and stating i want compensation!!

Lisa

I totally agree with you (doing 3rd test 4th sept..) I think there is a huge misunderstanding.....

I have just been on immigration web site, if you are applying for the 175 visa, (as a nurse) you will need ielts to get your skills assessed with ANMC. If you have/are arriving into Oz a different way you no longer require ielts to register with Aphra to practice as a nurse, unfortunately this doesn't help me in the ielts department- I still need to pass it :(

Issy xx

Hi issy, please correct me if I am wrong but I think you may be getting your wires crossed a little. No-one is still 100% sure that English nurses do not have to pass the ielts for registration purposes, if you don't, fingers crossed for us, then you register first with the national registration board (Ahpra/nmba). Once you have registered then you have your skills assessed via the modified assessment route with ANMC which does not require you to have ielts. If you need the ielts for visa purposes, extra 10 points, then that's a different matter.....

Hi,

I received an email today to confirm that my Queensland State sponsorship application is in the queue to be processed:chatterbox:. Just need APHRA now to get my nursing registration sorted.

Come on, get your act together APHRA....................:daydreaming:

Hi, Congratulations, things are moving...!

I noticed that you are applying for state sponsorship...Is that the 176 visa? We were originally going to appy for the 175 PR visa but on another forum we've seen comments suggesting that it can take up to 3 yrs to gain.

How does the state sponsorship work...??? Are you sponsored by an employer?

Thanks Issyx :confused:

I hear its been scrapped now anyway, unfair as ive just paid for my second test this week.

Hi, What has been scrapped...? Do you mean the ielts? Do you mean no one needs it anymore???

:confused: Issy x

Guest nicandchris

Hi sorry the short response to your thread. I took my ielts in July and failed by one point in the reading section so ive had to wait until i could afford to do the test again as im on maternity leave at the mo. Ive been getting lots of info from others re the ielts test and if you look in the ahpra notes on registration it does seem that if you took your secondary education in english and nursing in english that its not necessary to take it. However ive also heard that id your in the system already as taking it and failing by the nursing board then in fact you have to take until you pass. Ive not heard this from the agency that helping me get to oz and im sponsored by the health board so im waiting to hear back from them after the bank holiday but needless to say if its true then im not too happy.:arghh:

Guest Taylor72
Hi ya Sharon,

If you have decided to go ahead with your test, good luck...... Thinking about ya. x Helen

Hi Sharon

Ditto what Helen , good luck !!!!!!

Love Annette x:wacko:

Hi,

Did anyone get the results they needed on Sat?? I was supposed to sit the test last sat but had to cancel as my 1 yr old daughter was in hospital for a couple of days last week, she's well now and we are back home...thank god, the ielts people happily rebooked me for another test- no extra cost!

So I have that to look forward to!!!

Issy xx

Got my first ielts result absolutely gutted got s8.5, l8.0, w8.5 and r6.0 cannot believe I have to do it all again thought I'd done bad in writing and good in Reading it's shock how strict this test is.

Got my first ielts result absolutely gutted got s8.5, l8.0, w8.5 and r6.0 cannot believe I have to do it all again thought I'd done bad in writing and good in Reading it's shock how strict this test is.

Sorry to hear your news i know how gutting it is to fail. Good luck with whatever you decided to do next.

Lisa x

I know how you feel, been there twice!!! You obviously did really well in the rest of the test so you don't need to worry about that, just concentrate on the reading part, I wasn't able to sit my test on sat as my 1 yr old had been in hospital that week(uti) she's fine now and have rebooked for 23rd Oct to give myself plenty of time to do a bit of work, but will only concentrate on the reading part. At least you know what part to study for, you will be fine next time, believe me I know how stressfull it is sitting there for 3 hrs solid doing a stupid test but it's worth it to do it again- think of the sun!!!

Alot of people fail it the first time, but also alot get it 2nd or 3rd time... xx:wink:

Issy xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gingerdingo

OMG, the postman has delivered the IELTS results letter. Its now on the kitchen table waiting for the wife to arise from her night shift. C'MON !

Guest gingerdingo

Help needed, has any used any training tools from the internet to help with passing the ielts test. We have been looking into the 'scotts english sucess 'module - has any one done this?

Guest Jo and Dave
Help needed, has any used any training tools from the internet to help with passing the ielts test. We have been looking into the 'scotts english sucess 'module - has any one done this?

I subscribed to the IELT's higher.... cost me £38 for one month but there's loads of practice tests on there, and a interactive tool to guide you through each section.

IELTS, IELTS Preparation, IELTS Practice, IELTS Courses, IELTS Help: Welcome to IELTS HIGHER!

Jo

Archived