Tsunami Warning for NSW and Qld

Mylady

Guest Working to fish
Is your avi a dog or your supper mate

Say hello to charlie brown our new sebling nodoubt when the kids get bored of him lol.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say hello to charlie brown our new sebling nodoubt when the kids get bored of him lol.

Hes a nice mutt mate , my old thing is strugglin with the heat brought him from the uk a border collie old dog like a lot of immigrant dogs got skin allergy pootr sods paws are red as traffic lights , next dog want one of them doges de boulogne i think the breed is I call them big head dogs ( the ones off the camera advert ) love one lol slobber thee to death bit like our lass when shes asleep

It's a french mastive in English. English mastiffs are a lot bigger though.

Lazarus is back from the dead , they are the same size apart from the head FMs are bigger , like yours lmao , tha fell out wi me or wat , comin over your way next week but flights horrendous

Mally

Guest brooksey
Lazarus is back from the dead , they are the same size apart from the head FMs are bigger , like yours lmao , tha fell out wi me or wat , comin over your way next week but flights horrendous

Mally

No mate, English Mastiffs hold all the records.

Guest Tom the Pom
My money is on the surfers getting up for this.

(this is tongue and cheek).

Many a true word spoken in jest!!! - I bet a few were waiting for it:eek:

Guest bindog1uk
now i know i shouldn't but am going to have to find a safe spot for a wee peak at the ocean!!

Hi PommyPaul, you said you were going to video the coastline for me, tsunami would make good viewing, but stay safe. Look forward to watching it:jimlad: Lesley

Guest guest30038

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology

MEDIA:

No use of the Standard Emergency Warning Signal [sEWS]

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE AND FREQUENT BROADCAST

********************************************************************************

TSUNAMI WARNING NUMBER 14 FOR QUEENSLAND

Issued by the Joint Australian Tsunami Warning Centre [JATWC] at

8:47 AM EST on Sunday 28 February 2010

********************************************************************************

TSUNAMI THREAT TO THE MARINE ENVIRONMENT

SUMMARY:

Tsunami warning for the marine environment for QUEENSLAND.

Threatened areas extend from Point Danger to St Lawrence, including Moreton

Bay and Hervey Bay.

Possibility of dangerous waves, strong ocean currents and foreshore flooding

for several hours from NOW.

Sea level observations HAVE confirmed a tsunami has been generated.

For further details visit the Bureau web site Bureau of Meteorology - Home Page.

Next update due by 10:17 AM EST on Sunday 28 February 2010

DETAILS:

Tsunami waves are more powerful than the same size beach waves, with the first

wave not always the largest. First tsunami effects are expected from NOW.

Do not go to the coast to watch the tsunami. Check that your neighbours have

received this advice.

Boats in harbours, estuaries or shallow coastal water should return to shore.

Secure your boat and move away from the waterfront. Vessels already at sea

should stay offshore in deep water until further advised.

Do not go to the coast to watch the tsunami, as there is the possibility of

dangerous, localised flooding of the immediate foreshore.

For emergency assistance, call EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT QUEENSLAND on 132 500

Maps showing the affected areas are on the Bureau web site

Home - JATWC. For a repeat of this warning call 1300 TSUNAMI [1300

878 6264].

TSUNAMI SOURCE:

An undersea earthquake of magnitude 8.8 occurred at 4:34 PM EST on Saturday 27

February 2010 near THE COAST OF CENTRAL CHILE [latitude 35.320S longitude

72.930W ]

Guest guest30038

It's not the height you have to worry about. It's the volume & velocity. Although it may seem small, you don't know what's following and how hard it will hit. 8" of water, travelling at speed can cause severe damage.

kev

Guest proud2beaussie
A tsunami triggered by a massive 8.8 magnitude earthquake that struck off the coast of Chile has swept across Hawaii without causing damage.

Oceanographer Nathan Bedford has told CNN water levels in Hawaii are rising by about a metre before receding then rising again.

Mr Bedford says these waves are striking every 20 minutes.

The waves have caused no damage to date, but bigger waves are possible.

There is a tsunami warning in place for Australia's east coast from Tasmania to Queensland as the wave moves across the Pacific.

Tsunami hits Hawaii after Chile quake - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Guest siamsusie
It's not the height you have to worry about. It's the volume & velocity. Although it may seem small, you don't know what's following and how hard it will hit. 8" of water, travelling at speed can cause severe damage.

kev

Yes Kevin I remember it well in Phuket, it catches you totally unawares!

Australia on tsunami watch after massive Chile earthquake

People on Australia's east coast are being warned to stay away from beaches this morning after warnings of a possible tsunami.

The Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) is warning of a potential tsunami threat to Queensland, NSW, Victoria and Tasmania, created from yesterday's massive undersea earthquake near the coast of Central Chile.

This morning, island nations in the eastern Pacific have seen the effects of the tsunami, with sea rises varying from 0.15 metres to 1.35 metres.

The bureau's Tsunami Warning Centre advised at 8.47am today that areas threatened in Queensland extended from from St Lawrence to Point Danger, including Moreton Bay and Hervey Bay.

North Stradbroke Island beaches have been closed, along with North Cleveland Point and Wellington Point in Brisbane.

The tsunami watch has been extended to cover the entire east coast of New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania

Well they closed Cleveland and Wellington Point!!

Still seems like a bit of a non event, it's all supposed to be happening / have happened, but nothing seems to be being reported.

Love

Rudi

x

I think it was mostly issued as a precaution,better to be safe than sorry I guess.

Yes, but unfortunately, they issue these warnings, nothing happens, people become sick of hearing the warnings and end up ignoring them. And that's when something really does happen. It's the same with bush fire warnings. :sad:

Love

Rudi

x

Archived