Tsunami Warning for NSW and Qld

Mylady

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest siamsusie
Hi

I just heard on the news that AU is on Tsunami alert following the earthquake in chile.

What is the situation down under? Everyone please take care and be careful until the threat has passed.

Kind Regards

Land and Marine Tsunami Warning - Joint Australian Tsunami Warning Centre (JATWC)

NATIONAL TSUNAMI WARNING STATUS SUMMARY:

Queensland Marine Warning issued 8:44PM EST Saturday 27 February 2010

New South Wales Marine Warning issued 9:44PM EDT Saturday 27 February 2010

Lord Howe Island Marine Warning issued 9:45PM EDT Saturday 27 February 2010

Norfolk Island Marine Warning issued 10:15PM local time Saturday 27 February

:wubclub:

The BOM has issued a Tsunami warning after the earthquake off the coast of Chile. They think it will hit the east coast of Australia between 7 and 8.30 tomorrow morning. I don't think there is too much to be concerned about - they say there could be larger waves than normal and foreshores could be inundated, but not a major threat on the land. They do say not to go down the foreshore to watch!!

Love

Rudi

x

Sources:

Home - JATWC

Australia on tsunami watch after earthquake

Guest Working to fish

Cant help meself i will have a look .

we have just come off king tides a week or so ago so tides are low at the mo ,so i hope i am right in saying that it may just be as high as the last king tide .

Btw the last king tide was the highest in 9 years for qld (sunshine coast).

Guest Working to fish
Well if the water suddenly disappears, run, FAST.......in the opposite direction!!!!

Stay safe!

Love

Rudi

x

Bugger that i will run to the fish ,pick them up for a photo and stick it on facebook.

:wink:

Guest Working to fish
:arghh:

Love

Rudi

x

Good thing is that ,being in Redland bay ,just think of all them craps that will be washed up on shore :wink:

Guest Guest31881
The BOM has issued a Tsunami warning after the earthquake off the coast of Chile. They think it will hit the east coast of Australia between 7 and 8.30 tomorrow morning. I don't think there is too much to be concerned about - they say there could be larger waves than normal and foreshores could be inundated, but not a major threat on the land. They do say not to go down the foreshore to watch!!

Love

Rudi

x

Sources:

Home - JATWC

Australia on tsunami watch after earthquake

I live 10yards from sea front, hopefully it should no bother us, but its very flat here and a King tide comes over the sea wall, so thinking of moving the car, just be on on safe side. We live in first floor unit, so not worried about it coming in house. Glad i dont live in bottom unit :biggrin:

Guest Working to fish
I dont think you could force waves with a tsuanmi as you could forecast a womans behaviour when the painters are due

If that were the case there would be a lot more red in my chart .:wink:

Guest cazbeckham

Eddie

You are going to need a bigger boat. Stay Safe mate and do as they tell you and stay away from the coast.

BTW what is your dog's name?

Let us know when the move is and the address as well please. Send me pm

Caz

Dont run little dudes, grab a 10" longboard and hit that wave!!!, if your going to go out!! go out in style!! wave of the decade!! , you will be world famous forever!! LOL!!

Guest Working to fish
Dont run little dudes, grab a 10" longboard and hit that wave!!!, if your going to go out!! go out in style!! wave of the decade!! , you will be world famous forever!! LOL!!

Thats the spirit :wubclub:

Archived