Where in Aus

Smith Tribe

:wacko:I know this is a daft question but 'HOW DO WE CHOOSE WHERE TO MOVE TO IN AUS'

We have sent our visa application off, booked meds, house on market and we are going to Aus hpoefully end of Nov 07.

Problem is we do not know how to choose where to go, We are 33 and 30 and with 3 kids 11, 9, and 5 who love sports. I am a roof tiler and slater and the wife a teacher, we have never been to Aus b4 (crazy people i know).

It seems that we will have to make a decision soon so exactly HOW????

PLEASE HELP:swoon:

:unsure:Brisbane, Adelade and finally Melbourne

Guest TONYL

hi smith tribe i have now decided on melbourne only because l have slating job lined up but i still think about perth if it dont work out in melb i will go to perth hard decison though anyway were are you from i am from bolton tonyl

hi smith tribe,we are like you in never having been to australia before,at first we looked at adelaide by researching the net and after some time decided it was not what we were looking for so i started looking at brisbane and the surrounding areas,at one point i was sure we would start at jimboomba mainly because of its close proximity to brisbane and the cheap land,then the sunshine coast caught my eye and the land is not much dearer and our main reason for emigrting was to spend better quality time together as family ,and the sunshine coast seems to allow us to do that with the beach on your doorstep,but remember i have never been to australia you have to decide what you want from australia and go from there we are going to start in caloundra by renting for 12 months and use it as a base to scour the sunshine coast for our piece of land that will make us and the kids happy,we know it will be hard to begin with and that we will hve to work harder than in the uk but we will stick it out and suceed i am confident of that remember where ever you start from you dont have to stay there ausralia is a big place (so they tell me)ive never been where ever you decide to go good luck i hope it all works out for you

Guest Ian&Lou

Dan,

If your like my husband you'll only change your mind anyway! I've spent the last 4 months researching Townsville inside out and he has now decided to head Brisbane way, probably the sunshine coast.:arghh:

Oh well best get on, have to start the whole research thing from scratch again now!

Lou

Archived