AQF - painter and decorator-

Guest amerrysoul

Guest amerrysoul

hello all, i am a painter and decorator who's about to do my AQF in England, is there any p and d's out there who have already done their AQF and passed? cheers Wayne- Leicester

Guest amerrysoul

hello there, i am using Australian Skills Assessments to do my AQF, it was arranged by Ian Harrop and associates, who are are doing my Application for me.

Guest amerrysoul

hello mate, its cost me £1500. bout done the paperwork, definately a pain in the arse, how was the practical exam, did they ask much about spray painting? cheers.....wayne

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Melbournegirlinny

Australian Skills Assessments used to be called Australian Trade Assessments. Their website can be accessed via this link:

Australian Trade Assessments - Building a Pathway to Australia

Darren Le'ake is the main contact for the above company. I believe that they have been very successful in the UK.

Their main rival in the UK seems to be Trade Train, which seems to use different names for different divisions:

ACTS UK | Welcome to Trade Train

ETA - UK Division | Links

Chef Central | Home

ACTS Australia | Welcome to Trade Train

Peter Hodges was the European Rep for the above group about 9 months ago and is/was based in the UK.

Cheers

Gill

Hi amerrysoul

£1500 thats good, 2k i paid arranged through my agent at the time, whether its cheaper now because more companys and more demand or i got robbed,

as for the practicl/visit on site part, doddle, thought it was a bit of a laugh ,ozzie guy came round, watched me do various tasks ,took photos, asked questions as to what i was doing, cracked jokes!!!! and then a serious question and answer section, all in all he stayed for about 4 hours, seemed longer as hate people watching over my shoulder. you will breeze it mate think possitive and the thought of all your hard cash going to waste if you failed.

Good luck

Dave

Hi amerrysoul, I completed my AQF with the same company. I had very good guidance and advice from Darren L.

On the day of the assessment they sent a fairly nice straight talking (no bull) Australian tradesman to my location. He asked me detailed questions about my apprenticeship and asked me to tell him in detail, providing written evidence of all my recent and future contracts (self employed/work books,accounts,receipts etc).

He then took a full inventory of my tools list and asked questions on their purpose and use. He examined work that i had carried out and again asked me to explain various methods of work, materials used etc.

Other areas covered included paperhanging,spray painting, descibing oil/waterbased paints and uses, health and safety.

Basically if you are what you say you are (P+D) then i dont think you will have any problems with this assessment mate. From the day of assessment i had my AQF Cert III in 10 days. Good luck. PM me if you need any further info. FAB

Guest amerrysoul

thank you mate, thats a great help, not done a lot of spray painting, so will prob book a days coarse so i dont come unstuck on that, otherwise , like you say, i cant see a problem, once again, thanks for taking the time to reply..........wayne

• 1 year later...
Guest wilbatastic

i thought i would ad this as it may be of some help in this thread, i recently did the aqf3 painting and decoration at nsw tafe college, recognition of prior learning, you need to show 7 years exp in a portfolio first, costs 2500 au dollars,

i had to go to grafton (not a fun place!!) for 4 days then return for another 4 days a month later, i was on a work visa, but you can do this on a tourist visa as not studying for more than 3 months.

you have to show you can perform all the tasks in the workshop that the 3 year apprentice's do.

plus plenty of home work.

i also did the health and safety 1 day course there.

probably some better places to do this course as grafton is a cr*p hole but if you are planning a trip to oz you could fit it in and jump to aqf3 qualified.

i organised it through coffs harbour head of construction department tafe.

currently back in old blighty trying to get through a tra recognition, 175 application, asap tourist visa to go back and get a sponsor to jump to 176 or 121 sponsor visa, 175 times suck....

Archived