New rules as of Feb 8th 2010

smiffs

Hi does anyone understand these new rules/guidlines that have come out today.

What is a 'State migration plan'? Have we got to wait three years now for our visa?

My husband lodged his 176 visa application in yesterday (7th Feb 2010), and we are unsure of the processing times.

It is a State Sponsored visa (not sure if it's on the State migration plan because I have never heard of this), but his occupation is not on the CSL, are we cat 2 or 5?:arghh::unsure:

Hi does anyone understand these new rules/guidlines that have come out today.

What is a 'State migration plan'? Have we got to wait three years now for our visa?

My husband lodged his 176 visa application in yesterday (7th Feb 2010), and we are unsure of the processing times.

It is a State Sponsored visa (not sure if it's on the State migration plan because I have never heard of this), but his occupation is not on the CSL, are we cat 2 or 5?:arghh::unsure:

You will not be on state migration plan as it does not exist yet. It is possible that once it is released we will move from Cat 5 to Cat 2. But not a certainty.

Guest rachbarlow

We are all wondering about this migration plan, and praying it is going to be good news. It is going to be out seems about April???? Everyone is guessing at the mo, and speculating usual DIAC Tactics!!! However we can't do much more at the mo!!

We Are all hoping to be moved back to cat 2!!!!

Guest recherche

me too.. Im a Cat 5 applicant.. especially worried as my nominated occupation has been removed from the new list of occupations that my state will sponsor!

Hi smiff

I am almostly like you. I 've had my W.A state sponsorship on 7th feb 2010 and lodged my 176 application visa on 12th feb . I 'am very worry about the new changes .

As I understood the new SOL will focus on more targeted skills and will replace the CSL and the MODL and then it would contain a short list of nominations ....However ,there is another option which is applying for state sponsorhip.....The states will publish 'their migration plan" and we would be happy if our nominations will be in these lists and then jump from the 5th rank to the 2nd..:jiggy:

But my question is "what will happpen if our nominations will not be in the "new migration plan"? stand in the 5th tank? :arghh: be reviewed? :cry:........

I would be grateful if someone could respond me ?

Thanks

I emailed WA to ask them if they knew when the new state migration plan would be out & they replied with the following....:wideeyed:

The new State migration plan is expected to be published in the beginning of the next program year which is 1st of July, 2010.

At this point of time we are not able to commit to the occupations that will be included in the plan.

I hope this has been of assistance.

Regards

State Migration Centre

Government of Western Australia

Hi smiff

I am almostly like you. I 've had my W.A state sponsorship on 7th feb 2010 and lodged my 176 application visa on 12th feb . I 'am very worry about the new changes .

As I understood the new SOL will focus on more targeted skills and will replace the CSL and the MODL and then it would contain a short list of nominations ....However ,there is another option which is applying for state sponsorhip.....The states will publish 'their migration plan" and we would be happy if our nominations will be in these lists and then jump from the 5th rank to the 2nd..

But my question is "what will happpen if our nominations will not be in the "new migration plan"? stand in the 5th tank? be reviewed? ........

I would be grateful if someone could respond me ?

Thanks

I think that if your nominated occupation is not on the state plan, you will continue cat.5. That´s why the Minister kept it on the list of priorities. Well, at least I hope so.

:hug:

I emailed WA to ask them if they knew when the new state migration plan would be out & they replied with the following....:wideeyed:

The new State migration plan is expected to be published in the beginning of the next program year which is 1st of July, 2010.

At this point of time we are not able to commit to the occupations that will be included in the plan.

Regards

State Migration Centre

Oh no, not good! :frown:

This means the ones who are 176 today won´t jump to cat 2. :arghh:

Guest garynhelen

Regards

State Migration Centre

Arrrr!!! It's frustrating isn't it? I'm really hoping the SMP will offer us some hope as we got nowhere with SS so are cat 6 and looking at another 2+ years!

Oh no, not good! :frown:

This means the ones who are 176 today won´t jump to cat 2. :arghh:

Dont understand this!!! Why if your a 176 today you wont be able to jump category when the new SMP comes out?:confused:

I think that if your nominated occupation is not on the state plan, you will continue cat.5. That´s why the Minister kept it on the list of priorities. Well, at least I hope so.

:hug:

the current priority processing is the folowing:

1. Applications from people who are employer

sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS.

2. Applications from people who are nominated by

a state/territory government agency under a state Does not exist yet

migration plan agreed to by the minister.

3. Applications from people who are nominated by

a state/territory government agency and whose

nominated occupation is on the Critical Skills List

(CSL).

4. Applications from people who are neither nominated

nor sponsored in priority groups 1, 2 or 3, but whose

nominated occupation is listed on the CSL.

5. Applications from people who are nominated by a

state/territory government agency whose nominated

occupation is not listed on the CSL.

6. (i) Applications from people whose occupations are

listed on the Migration Occupations in Demand List

(MODL).

(ii) Aplications from people who are sponsored by

family and whose nominated occupation is not listed

on the CSL.

7. All other applications are to be processed in the order

in which they are received.

I think all applications in the 5th rank will jump to the 4th .Well at least in this short period til states will show their migrations plans. :cute:

As the minister said that MODL and CSL will be revoked and replaced by the new SOL we might understand that he wants to focus on sponsored applications whose nominations is listed on the migration plans.

This is just a suggestion about the new priority list (after mid 2010)

1. Applications from people who are employer

sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS.

2. Applications from people who are nominated by

a state/territory government agency under a state

migration plan agreed to by the minister whose nominations

are listed in the new SOL

3- Applications from people who are nominated by

a state/territory government agency under a state

migration plan agreed to by the minister whose nominations

are not listed in the new SOL

4-Applications from people who are neither nominated

nor sponsored in priority groups but whose

nominated occupation is listed on the new SOL.

5-Applications from people who are nominated by

a state/territory government agency whose nominations is

not in the migration plans :goofy:

Hey guys ! What do you think?

Archived