Joiners, Carpenters, Plumbers, Bricklayers, Plasterers etc etc etc

Proview220

Hi Proview,

Thank you for the insights Ive have gleaned whilst reading through your threads.I'm a carpenter offshore aswell and about to send my first stage documents for the vetassess.I'm seeking any advice on documents needed to be submitted and how to pass the practical exam for carpentry.Also,can you kindly give me some pointers on the scope of the practical exams.Thank you in advance and Remain Blessed!:notworthy:

Hi thanks for your post, to be honest it's been that long ago since we started our on our visa journey back in Aug 08, we employed an agent, from what I can remember this is how it went, initial stage to see if we qualified for Vettasses by filling it many forms proving my work history since leaving school, with me being self employed for many years its even harder as we had to ask many suppliers to provide letters etc to show I was trading in the name I said I was trading as, once all this info had been submitted then vettasses asked me to take a practical exam for one day, this Inc take all your tools and display your skills in front of a assessor from oz, the tasks for the day Inc for you to construct a hip roof with detail, setting out, marking out etc, plane wood, make a horse bench with detail etc sharpen chisel etc, answer questions on safety plus a few other bits and bobs. Then you have to wait till get the results back, in my opinion that is the worst part. If you are successful and pass you will get a qualification certificate. The next stage is then to apply for ss depending on age with a state of your choice, not sure on how many states. Are offering ss at the moment, your trade must be on the SOL to stand any chance of getting a visa,, that's as much as I can remember

Proview

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest johnbaguio

Hi Proview, Thanks a lot for the info I hope to pass it since my case officer is waiting for a positive skills assessment to approve our visa.This helps a lot.

Hi Proview, Thanks a lot for the info I hope to pass it since my case officer is waiting for a positive skills assessment to approve our visa.This helps a lot.

You mean Case officer as in DIAC. Case officer, thought you had to have all this in place before you lodge a application for a visa....?? Or are you referring to a project officer for you State sponsor ?

Guest johnbaguio
You mean Case officer as in DIAC. Case officer, thought you had to have all this in place before you lodge a application for a visa....?? Or are you referring to a project officer for you State sponsor ?

Hi Proview, Yes my Case Officer from DIAC(Melbourne) I know it's weird not including the fact that I have filed my visa application under RSMS 119 the whole nine yards and to my knowledge this positive skills assessment is not required under these sub class due to the employer applying an exemption for the skills.I submitted a car[pentry license and work emp. certs but still my case officer required a "positive skills assessment" directing me to vetassess.Now I'm worried how will my assessment will go.Imagine all the time,money and efforts wasted if I fail this huhu I badly need your help and i appreciate all these Thank you and happy new Year!

John

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived