Site Agents Jobs in Perth

Maisiemoo

Hi

Just a quickie!!

My hubby is a Site Agent (Site Manager) for Balfour Beatty in uk and we are looking to moving over to Oz (that's if they will have us). I was wondering if anyone has any hints, tips, names of companies he can get in touch with etc etc.....He has been doing it for 15 years, 7 of which was for the Royal Engineers so obviously worked in a lot of different places from Kosovo, Saudi .....

Just wondered if anyone as any advice

Thanking you

:biggrin: Erika, Mark, Elisha pie and maisiemoo x

i know a couple of people here that were site agents in the uk that have found it difficult to get into the same job over here cause of lack of australian building experiance , the one has had numerous interviews and only had one reply back ( seems like if you don't get the job here you just never hear anything again .... lol ) your hubby could try going back on the tools though until he manages to get the job he wants............. just a thought :idea:

Thanks Kangaroo Bruce!!

My hubby would be quite prepared to start on site again...to be honest he probably loved that part of the job more than all the responsibility...We know it will less pay but to be honest due to the market at the mo he hasn't had a pay rise up to agents wages yet or a normal pay rise. But he is prepared to graft hard and his aim is after 3 years to be in a better position there. At the moment he works a 15 hours day inc travel and then by the time he gets home it's on the sofa watching far too much TV!!! WE are so bored of our life style.

Plus I will try to work around school hours if possible, I have 15 years experience as a project manager for a bank (the Halifax) and more recently I am a area manager for the local council looking after 7 One stop shop service centres. But I am prepared to do anything!!! even casuel just to top up the money and help contribute.

We'll see we may not be wanted!!!!

Maisiemoo!

Thanks Kangaroo Bruce!!

My hubby would be quite prepared to start on site again...to be honest he probably loved that part of the job more than all the responsibility...We know it will less pay but to be honest due to the market at the mo he hasn't had a pay rise up to agents wages yet or a normal pay rise. But he is prepared to graft hard and his aim is after 3 years to be in a better position there. At the moment he works a 15 hours day inc travel and then by the time he gets home it's on the sofa watching far too much TV!!! WE are so bored of our life style.

Plus I will try to work around school hours if possible, I have 15 years experience as a project manager for a bank (the Halifax) and more recently I am a area manager for the local council looking after 7 One stop shop service centres. But I am prepared to do anything!!! even casuel just to top up the money and help contribute.

We'll see we may not be wanted!!!!

Maisiemoo!

Hiya maisie

I would be suprised if you were'nt wanted,have you thought about getting in touch with australian arms of british companies?Dont balfour have an australian arm?

I know laings do,Good luck and welcome to PIO btw

Hiya maisie

I would be suprised if you were'nt wanted,have you thought about getting in touch with australian arms of british companies?Dont balfour have an australian arm?

I know laings do,Good luck and welcome to PIO btw

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

We're off to the Expo in Manchester in march so hopefully we might get some information there too. I have wrote Langs on the list! Good idea...not sure Balfour does hubby is looking into it. But it's usually left to me to do research some how I find the time inbetween working 40 hours and dealing with kids!!!

But we have now set an hour a night away and dealing with all things Oz so I will do some checking and present Mark with all the advice....

Keep it coming!!!!!

Thanks again

erika :daydreaming:

Archived