Washing Machine Fittings

Guest nev_n_angie

Guest nev_n_angie

Hiya

We are considering the prices of front loader washing machines both in UK and in Australia.

We would greatly appreciate some information regarding washing machine fittings from anyone who has recently moved to Australia and who took their UK machine with them.

Are the UK H & C fittings the same in Oz?

Many Thanks

Nev

Hi We brought our Zanussi washing machine to oz and its working fine, not sure about parts if it went wrong thou, but we did have to buy a new attachment in oz for henry (our hoover) and that fitted fine. Perhaps you could think about buying a machine that is a brand name in the uk and oz like LG - surley the fittings would be the same, you could email the makers (we did this with our cordless telephones and was told that they woudnt work out of the uk but they did work fine)

Hiya we bought an aussie washer when here but im sure the fittings are the same,if you do end up buying one here you are entitled to some money back under the water scheme,(front loaders only)

Cal x

HI......JUST OUT OF INTEREST.....HOW MUCH DO YOU GET BACK AND WHERE DO YOU GET IT FROM?..... IS IT LIKE A GRANT SCHEME WHERE YOU HAVE TO APPLY WITH ALL THE RED TAPE ETC, OR DO THE SHOP GIVE IT YOU?

MIN X :wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OldiesRUs

Aussie Washer for me - top loader. Absolutely love my daughter in law's washing machine. Cold wash, only takes 25 minutes from start to finish and you can still put in the sock you dropped on the way to the washing machine after the wash has started!!!! Love it and can't wait to ditch my front loader.

Although saying all that, why is there money back on front loaders? I wouldn't have thought they used less water -they certainly use more electricity I would have thought. Or am I being a bit senile?

Jean

Guest The Jenners
Aussie Washer for me - top loader. Absolutely love my daughter in law's washing machine. Cold wash, only takes 25 minutes from start to finish and you can still put in the sock you dropped on the way to the washing machine after the wash has started!!!! Love it and can't wait to ditch my front loader.

Although saying all that, why is there money back on front loaders? I wouldn't have thought they used less water -they certainly use more electricity I would have thought. Or am I being a bit senile?

Jean

I love top loaders for the convenience of exactly that... plus you can put in tons of washing which is good for a lazy laundry lady like me hehe! Also, no need to bend down to get stuff in and out...

The front loaders use a LOT less water though - also less electricity (which I guess could go hand in hand!) Example - Fisher & Paykel 7.5kg top loader - 100 litres per wash (with water sensor).... Fisher & Paykel 7kg front loader (closest capacity) - 65 litres per wash...

Been washing machine shopping myself recently, can you tell? ;):D

Hiya its the goverment that doing all the energy and water saving rebates,the company you purchase off should give you the forms and adress to return them too.We have sent off for ,the pool cover rebate($approx250) and water tank rebate($1000) some local councils are also offering rebates on top of this but it depends on the area your in,hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Hiya its the goverment that doing all the energy and water saving rebates,the company you purchase off should give you the forms and adress to return them too.We have sent off for ,the pool cover rebate($approx250) and water tank rebate($1000) some local councils are also offering rebates on top of this but it depends on the area your in,hope this helps a bit

Cal x

THANKS

MINX:wubclub:

• 1 month later...
Guest thistles and gum trees

What would you expect to pay in Aus for say a family sized Miele washer? Do I buy or wait........????????

PS Enjoy France Ange. Missing you loads.............

Guest cornishoz
What would you expect to pay in Aus for say a family sized Miele washer? Do I buy or wait........????????

PS Enjoy France Ange. Missing you loads.............

$1400 - $2800 depending on model.Miele prices are fixed and you can't get anyone to give any discounts unless miele are offering a promotion ie $100 off as they are at moment.

Archived