Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
Hi Julie, hope the de-cluttering is going well. We've just sold our house (stc) and so we're really having to get serious about getting rid of things. I'm now beginning to feel a bit like a hoarder, why tell me why do I feel the need to keep the never ending supply of pens I keep finding, unused envelopes, birthday cards etc etc. LOL

Where in Oz will the wedding be? Very exciting :-)

maisie x

Hi Maisie

Great news about the house sale one massive tick in the box, best of luck with the de-cluttering. I know what you mean by the pens and birthday cards, I keep finding boxes and boxes of unused Chritmas cards, we should never need to buy another one but I'm sure Mrs K will still continue to buy more.

Joe

Hi Maisie

Great news about the house sale one massive tick in the box, best of luck with the de-cluttering. I know what you mean by the pens and birthday cards, I keep finding boxes and boxes of unused Chritmas cards, we should never need to buy another one but I'm sure Mrs K will still continue to buy more.

Joe

Thanks Joe. Hub keeps trying to 'declutter' my vases and the odd ornaments I want to take and I keep having to resurrect them :ssign2:I might feel the need to 'declutter' his workshop before long!! :ssign7:

maisie

Thanks Joe. Hub keeps trying to 'declutter' my vases and the odd ornaments I want to take and I keep having to resurrect them :ssign2:I might feel the need to 'declutter' his workshop before long!! :ssign7:

maisie

Hi Maisie,

My hubby is going thro a grieving process at the thought of having to give up some of his workshop stuff. when I told him that everything had to be pristine clean and shiney for customs he then agreed to give up a few things. I can see half the container being full of drills, saws etc. never mind furniture.

Julie

Guest geordie joe
Hi Maisie,

My hubby is going thro a grieving process at the thought of having to give up some of his workshop stuff. when I told him that everything had to be pristine clean and shiney for customs he then agreed to give up a few things. I can see half the container being full of drills, saws etc. never mind furniture.

Julie

Come on girls, you don't realise how attached we become to our rusty saws and drills. I've come to an arrangement with the current Mrs K, I get to ship an item from my tool collection for every pair of shoes she packs, so that's at least two thirds of my collection heading to Oz.

Visa 143 - lodgement date November 2013. please help!

please can someone shed light on their journey if they are in the same situation as us, we have now done police checks and Medicals back in feb 2015 but still not been asked to do the aos? Is there anywhere we can find out what the hold up is or check queing of this visa.

ALSO I saw on another forum people were talking about waiting for a CO but we have been led to believe we had a CO from last year and that they have assessed our file therefore sending us for Medicals? Is this not right as some suggest even at this stage your file hasn't yet been assessed by a co? I'm so very confused?hope someone can help. Is there still a chance at this stage the visa could be refused??

Regards

Hi jemmasykes - I lodged my original 143 visa in December 2013 - had an acknowledgement letter in the March 2014 - saying commence medicals - police check and Form 80 in 10 months time - which I have already done I am just waiting now for it to be assigned to a co - which I'm hoping will be July 2015, however not sure how long it will be once a co has been assigned - hopefully not long - if anyone knows the answer to this question please let me know - many thanks

Visa 143 - lodgement date November 2013. please help!

please can someone shed light on their journey if they are in the same situation as us, we have now done police checks and Medicals back in feb 2015 but still not been asked to do the aos? Is there anywhere we can find out what the hold up is or check queing of this visa.

ALSO I saw on another forum people were talking about waiting for a CO but we have been led to believe we had a CO from last year and that they have assessed our file therefore sending us for Medicals? Is this not right as some suggest even at this stage your file hasn't yet been assessed by a co? I'm so very confused?hope someone can help. Is there still a chance at this stage the visa could be refused??

Regards

When were you asked to do the medicals and to arrange the police clearances?

Have you received a recent communication asking you to arrange them, or are you working from the document request that was issued soon after the submission of the visa application?

My hunch is the latter, as the former would usually include a request for the AoS process to be undertaken.

Best regards.

Hi jemmasykes - I lodged my original 143 visa in December 2013 - had an acknowledgement letter in the March 2014 - saying commence medicals - police check and Form 80 in 10 months time - which I have already done I am just waiting now for it to be assigned to a co - which I'm hoping will be July 2015, however not sure how long it will be once a co has been assigned - hopefully not long - if anyone knows the answer to this question please let me know - many thanks

I have a concern about working from the timeline in the checklist that is issued following submission of the visa application, as it can cause applicants to obtain meds and police checks too early, and reduces the timeline following visa grant for entry to Australia.

Not a good practice on the part of the PVC, in my opinion.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Come on girls, you don't realise how attached we become to our rusty saws and drills. I've come to an arrangement with the current Mrs K, I get to ship an item from my tool collection for every pair of shoes she packs, so that's at least two thirds of my collection heading to Oz.

Cracked up laughing, so funny Joe :-)

maisie

Guest Petina

Hi everyone!

Have now paid the AOS (at least our son has paid it), so yet another box ticked. Now waiting for a CO which hopefully should be within two weeks (according to the timeline).

Only one viewing for the house but early days yet. Now doing serious de-cluttering and have done three car boot sales. As has been mentioned - amazing how much stuff one accumulates.

Hope everyone is well?

Petina

Hi everyone!

Have now paid the AOS (at least our son has paid it), so yet another box ticked. Now waiting for a CO which hopefully should be within two weeks (according to the timeline).

Only one viewing for the house but early days yet. Now doing serious de-cluttering and have done three car boot sales. As has been mentioned - amazing how much stuff one accumulates.

Hope everyone is well?

Petina

That's great news Petina - let us know when you're allocated with your CO we're all watching like hawks :-)

Looks like you could be on your way soon, hopefully you'll sell really quickly

best wishes

maisie

Guest Petina
That's great news Petina - let us know when you're allocated with your CO we're all watching like hawks :-)

Looks like you could be on your way soon, hopefully you'll sell really quickly

best wishes

maisie

Hi Maisie,

We will be on our way as soon as we sell the house! Will keep you posted. Hopefully your wait will not be as long as ours..

Take care

Petina

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is well?

Petina

Hi Petina

Please keep us up to date. My parents in law case was lodged on 30 August 2015. They did the Police clerance and medical September last year and AOS is all sorted earlier this year. Just waiting for CO now.

Guest Petina
hello Petina. Have u received any news from the department regarding the allocation of CO to ur case. Im asking because our lodgement date 11/9/2013, 15 days behind you. when u will get any news, pls dont forget to inform. Thanks

Hi Vicky,

Still waiting for a CO. As soon as we are allocated one, then I will post it. May have an offer for the house next week - fingers and toes are crossed!

Petina

Guest Petina
Hi all

Just had a reply from my "Test" email to immi and it isn't giving any information on the 143 at all now, doesn't even mention it!!

What do you all make of this?

All the best

Steve

Hi

Have just tried it and I get the same. Perhaps they are getting fed up with everyone sending a test email! LOL

Petina

Hi all

Just had a reply from my "Test" email to immi and it isn't giving any information on the 143 at all now, doesn't even mention it!!

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve

just had a look at the "new" test email. Well they are keeping us guessing!

It's a completely new email with even less info than before, 143 not mentioned, have they run owith our money!

doesn't offer much confidence either for those who are brand new applicants.

Julie

Hi Steve

just had a look at the "new" test email. Well they are keeping us guessing!

It's a completely new email with even less info than before, 143 not mentioned, have they run owith our money!

doesn't offer much confidence either for those who are brand new applicants.

Julie

Hi Julie

Yes it's worrying that the 143 or offshore isn't mentioned at all.

Perhaps they have done a runner!!

All the best

Steve

Hi

Have just tried it and I get the same. Perhaps they are getting fed up with everyone sending a test email! LOL

Petina

Not half as fed up as we all are waiting and trying to get info!!

Edited by ali
request of OP - typo

Guest geordie joe
Hi all

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for the update, rather disappointing given the huge sum of money we are all paying out. I do struggle to understand why the timeframe from lodging to granting the visa has such wide range which sounds like it's anywhere from 18 to 24 months, and why they're unable to provide us with a more accurate timeline.

However, we have long weekend ahead so I thought I would print off and make a start on the dreaded form 80.

Joe

Hi Steve

Thanks for the update, rather disappointing given the huge sum of money we are all paying out. I do struggle to understand why the timeframe from lodging to granting the visa has such wide range which sounds like it's anywhere from 18 to 24 months, and why they're unable to provide us with a more accurate timeline.

However, we have long weekend ahead so I thought I would print off and make a start on the dreaded form 80.

Joe

Hi Joe

I'm with you on this one. They know how many places they have to allocate per year on the CPV scheme and it' s not rocket science to press a button on the PC to know how many applications they have pending. Do the maths IMMI!

Good luck with Form 80, I'm not doing mine unless I'm asked for it. Sod's law says that those who have completed it won't be asked for it and those that haven't will. Maybe I'd better think about that one.

Julie