Application being processed further

mr luvpants

From what I've reasd on here, it probably does mean that, but it may be only as a result of you sending them a query about something (which means they look at your file). I had the same happen after 3 days. I have queried a couple of things, but I can't remember if I di withing those first three days.

From other things I've read, I wouldn't expect them to even be looked at (properly) this visa year (unless you're on the CSL). It would be lovely to think diffferently though. I'm a sucker for checking every single day (got into that habit when I was waiting for SS), but I can't keep that up for three bloody years!

So what happens next and when can we expect that to happen? we are CSL cat 2.

JOHN

No idea on time scale! Sorry John :arghh:, but its looking good, Have you done meds pc checks etc.... fingers crossed it will speed through, keeps us informed though won't you!

Guest Magnetic6

John...who knows with DIAC, don't want to get you too excited but 4 days after our application stated that we got a CaseOfficer,so good luck!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi John

When we went to London the PiO people were told that when an application is received by DIAC, it is checked very quickly. That makes sense because the ASPC's junior staff need to check the applications in order to decide which one of the Minister's latest "piles" to put the application into.

The week before the meeting, I spoke with David Wilden on the phone for about 40 - 60 minutes. One of the things he said was that DIAC have run lots of different models in order to try to predict the likely demand for visas up to 30th June 2010. He said that people are very unpredictable so no matter how many different models DIAC create or run, it is probable that all of them will be wrong at the end of the day.

I agreed and sympathised because I am sure that DIAC are right about this.

It would seem, though, that by the end of November 2009 all the Cat 1-4 applications were under control, so DIAC were able to make a start on Cat 5. Without doubt they have continued to receive applications in Cats 1-4 since then and they will continue to do so. The question for the Cat 5s is "how many" and I don't think the truth of how many will be known until after 30th June 2010. At this stage there is no way to predict how many - not with any accuracy, anyway.

It is also difficult to predict the extent to which the Minister's dithering around in 2009 has put people off from applying to Oz altogether.

It could be that you will get your visa very quickly. If the ASPC teams don't have many new applications in Cats 2-4, you may well get them quickly.

What did you decide about your meds in the end?

Cheers

Gill

Archived