ENS 856 Processing Times

Guest crichards

Guest crichards

Hey Guys

My VISA was Lodged with Parramatta DIAC in Mid December for the above Perm Residency subclass and I have received today my first step Nomination approval.

Does anyone know how long it will take after this first step approval for the full thing to be approved? I'm getting annoyingly vague estimates from many people.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

My 856 visa application was lodged on Jan 22nd and the first step approval was announced two days ago. My migration agent told me that she expects a maximum time frame around 8 weeks... I don't know if there's something who can tell in his/her experience, how long does it take on average.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PommyRach

Hi there,

My app went in through an immigration Lawyer on 3rd Feb - The money was taken out a week later. I have also been told Min 8 weeks although ENS 856 are on the highest priority list. Would LOVE to hear if you guys got yours through sooner. I hate the waiting game . .

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted mine on 22nd jan 2010 and no word yet so it looks like they're not processing in order of date submitted :no:

Guest david12324

Mine was lodged on Feb 19th and the DIAC took their money about 2 days later and i have heard nothing yet.

Im going through an immigration lawyer and was told it could be 3-5 months!!!! I couldnt believe it when she said that. I had a work collegue from RSA apply for his back in august and he had it approved 5 weeks after lodging the app

Guest guest17520
Submitted mine on 22nd jan 2010 and no word yet so it looks like they're not processing in order of date submitted :no:

Mine was submitted around the same time, maybe even early Feb. I really want to get this whole visa process over with, I've been waiting too long!

We submitted ours (post nomination) on Feb 20th, CO assigned last thursday. Parramatta.

Hi, re the above, do you mind sharing what your proffession is? - I'm trying to gauge whether they're giving higher priority to processing certain occupations. I logged mine a month before you but it's not been assigned a CO yet....

Guest northernbird13

My ENS 856 was submitted in October and I was granted PR on the 18th January. I was told it would take between 2-4 months and this was correct.

thanks for the info! Fingers crossed it won't be much longer for us then... I have a friend who submitted hers around 20th Dec and she's not yet been assigned a CO either...

Guest guest17520
Hi, re the above, do you mind sharing what your proffession is? - I'm trying to gauge whether they're giving higher priority to processing certain occupations. I logged mine a month before you but it's not been assigned a CO yet....

I am applying for 856 under the job title of "Program Administrator", haven't heard anything yet and my company out there part in end of Jan.

• 3 months later...
Guest karinmccabe
which immigration office was it sent too? I heard Parramatta 8 weeks.

Hello there. Our application was sent to Parramatta on the 11th March 2010 (105 days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and not even a CO assigned yet - :wacko: It's terrible waiting this long and most frustrating - but nothing we can do. Immigration agent helping, but also nothing he can do until a CO is assigned. Keep me posted on any progress with yours. Regards, Karin

• 1 month later...
Guest annaferd

Hi All,

I have been a silent observer on this forum for the past 2 months and reading with envy those who already lodged their applications or those who just got it approved.

Well, it took me 2 months to be eligible under ENS 856 simply because I was waiting for my ACS skills assesment to come through and getting the approval from my employer.

And I'm glad to say, my application (nomination + visa) has been lodged on friday 06/08/2010.

More information on my application:

1. ACS positive skill assessment: Software Tester

2. Qualifying visa: currently on a 457

3. IELTS:7+ in all & partner

4. Meds done & partner

5. Lodgment: Melbourne office

Now, let the waiting starts!!

• 3 weeks later...

I too have been watching this thread silently,

We submitted our 856 on 23/7/2010

Money was taken from our account on 26/7/2010 and up to now heard nothing.

sent medicals,certified docs,police checks all in with nomination on 23rd and handed in person to immigration in Melbourne office

Guest annaferd
Hi All,

I have been a silent observer on this forum for the past 2 months and reading with envy those who already lodged their applications or those who just got it approved.

Well, it took me 2 months to be eligible under ENS 856 simply because I was waiting for my ACS skills assesment to come through and getting the approval from my employer.

And I'm glad to say, my application (nomination + visa) has been lodged on friday 06/08/2010.

More information on my application:

1. ACS positive skill assessment: Software Tester

2. Qualifying visa: currently on a 457

3. IELTS:7+ in all & partner

4. Meds done & partner

5. Lodgment: Melbourne office

Now, let the waiting starts!!

Money was deducted the same day application was lodged!

And on the 23/08/2010, got email confirmation with Client ID/File number for both the nomination and my visa! It was stated in the letter 5 to 7 months processing time and no Case Officer assigned yet.

Just waiting now, thankfully I've got other stuff going on to keep my mind off that! Nothing like doing a certification to get you focused on studies:wideeyed:

Guest annaferd
Ohhh wonder why we haven't even had that email.

May try to contact them as we have had no response from immi what so ever since 23/7/10 when ours was taken into the melbourne office by hand

Are you using an agent? Mine was done by the agent at the Melbourn office as well. But the thing is if you dont have a client ID or File number ,it might be hard for them to trace your application over the phone, as its was mentioned in the email, the file number/client ID need to be used for any communication with the department.

But I guess, it might be worth calling them!

Guest PommyRach

202 days and finally got my PR. Very happy. They will get to you, although it messes with your brain, it will come. 202 days and I am told "that really isn't a very long time to wait" so hang in there. :jiggy:

Guest annaferd
202 days and finally got my PR. Very happy. They will get to you, although it messes with your brain, it will come. 202 days and I am told "that really isn't a very long time to wait" so hang in there. :jiggy:

WOW!!! thats an awesome news!!!! you must be over the moon!..from what i have read so far looks like the good news comes on fridays:smile:

Mine doesn't even have a case officer yet, so I should maybe stop counting the days and only do so when a CO is assigned!

Good luck with your future life!

Archived