Living in Point Cook

Guest Ruth and Don

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

I have read on here that the primary school in point cook is good.

Does anyone know about the senior school. There website looks good, but 1st hand experience is what I'd really like to hear.

If anyone has any info I would be very interested as we are moving out early 2012, My eldest daughter is 15 so will be going to a senior school. Point cook is one of our preffered areas.

Any help gladly received

Kev

Hi,

There are three high schools in point cook.

1. Carranballac

2. Point Cook Senior

3. Emmanuel College

Everyone has their own opinions on each of them, but my favourite is Emmanuel college. It is a Catholic school, but very very good (you pay about $3000 per year)...

There is also a new high school just outside of PC called Suzanne Cory which is an exam based entrance but dont think it has a y10 yet,

There is also a good school in Altona (all girls school - mount St Josephs) which I think may have a school bus from Point Cook,

Good luck

Elaine

Hi Tess,

me and my family are also from Scotland. We are just outside Glasgow, a small seaside town called Helensburgh. We moved to Point Cook in June of this year and have settled in the Alamanda Estate. How long have u been in Oz? Where have u settled.

Love hearing about people from back home settling here too

Dawn xx

Hi there

We are from Milton of Campsie just out side Glasgow, Just put down a deposit in Saltwater Coast today. Cant wait to start living in Point cook. Is there many Scots there.

hi all. I'm hopefully mvoing to melbourne within the next 8 weeks, got a job in laverton so point cook looks like the best area for myself and young family. looking on the real estate websites, the majority of houses are already furnished, yet it doesnt say if they available furnished. anybody have any clarification on this? Thanks in advance!

hi all. I'm hopefully mvoing to melbourne within the next 8 weeks, got a job in laverton so point cook looks like the best area for myself and young family. looking on the real estate websites, the majority of houses are already furnished, yet it doesnt say if they available furnished. anybody have any clarification on this? Thanks in advance!

i would say it just shows the furniture of the tenants already in it as most are unfurnished over here, laverton is about a 5 minute drive from point cook

hi andy, 99% of rental accomondation is unfurnished - unless it says furnished. All you get is the Build in Kitchen appliances - Stove, Oven etc and sometimes Dishwasher.

We have just moved to Sanctuary Lakes in Point Cook and absolutely love it. Point Cook has a lot to offer from what I can see.

Good Luck in your new job ;)

Hi, my husband, son (age 11) and I have just moved into Alamanda Estate from Livingston, Scotland. (midway between Glasgow and Edinburgh). Originally looked over in Bayside suburbs but glad we decided to make the move over here. Scott managed 2 days of school before finishing up for 2 weeks holiday and given that he hadn't been at school since June thinks it's great! Can anyone tell me if the Hair Studio in Point Cook town centre are any good?

My husband is coming out in 2 weeks and will be looking for family accomodation - we have been looking at Point Cook area. How easy is it to commute to CBD via public transport?

its a pain to get to the train station as buses are not very regular at the moment , but if you have a car which gets you to station, then the express train takes about 35 mins, normal about 45. the trains are excellent and usually run every 20 mins on a weekend and about every 10/15 during peak times during week.

Guest Attwell99
its a pain to get to the train station as buses are not very regular at the moment , but if you have a car which gets you to station, then the express train takes about 35 mins, normal about 45. the trains are excellent and usually run every 20 mins on a weekend and about every 10/15 during peak times during week.

Don't you find the rush hour traffic on Point Cook road just too much to bare? I did a run down to see it and was astounded at how much traffic is on that road. There is an option to cut through Point Cook to get to the highway but yet to discover if this is also bad for traffic. My family and I would love to live on SC but I just don't know if I can bare that traffic every morning. Looking at alternatives in the north area of point cook near the shopping area. It also looks lovely and perfect for my wife and daughter to have a social life and chance to go get a coffee and do a little shopping. Can anyone advise on the quality of the child nurseries around this area as we would like our daughter to do 2 or 3 days a week.

hi,

Nurseries in Point Cook are great, but most have very long waiting lists.! (too many children not enough places).

Although, school year starts in Feb, so that might free up some spaces.

I do a short cut to palmers in a morning, but yes, it drives me insane, but living nearer the city costs a premium and I like it in Sanctuary Lakes.!

• 1 month later...
Guest MichelleNZ

We have finally arrived in Melbourne yay!!!! Have been out to Point Cook a couple of times and viewed a few houses in Alamanda Estate. We have heard that the carparks at Laverton and Aircraft get full really early in the mornings - is there anywhere else to park close by? Alternatively, is there any other way of getting to the station -does anybody know if people do car-pooling to any of the train stations in the morning/evenings? My hubby will be working in the CBD and we will only have one car for the first wee while so we have been trying to figure out the best way of him getting to the station in the morning - buses seem a bit irregular?

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

welcome to Point cook.!!!

The hair studio is quite new so not sure. Quite a few brits (me included) go to hair phase in Sanctuary lakes shopping centre (i have natasha) or Luxe in PC (kylie - but expensive).

X

Thanks, I ended up going to Hair Studio and they were great but cost me $240 which is too expensive as far as I'm concerned. Will try Hair Phase the next time x

• 3 years later...
Hi I see its been a while since this thread was last spoken about would be intressting to hear how you all still feel about Point cook.??? We are a family of 3 moving to point cook in Dec 15 and am really looking forward to it.

Hi, I've been in Point Cook for 7 years. We are happy here but like everything there are + and -

The main negative is the traffic in rush hour getting in and out of PC. It can be horrendous! And it has got worse as the years have passed. If you live closer to freeway access it makes life easier. Also government schools are zoned. So if you have school aged kids, it's best to choose a school, then find a house within their zone

This is applicable to most metropolitan suburbs IMO, so not just PC.

On the plus, there is a great community feel to the area ☺️

If you have any questions I'll be happy to try and help ☺️

Archived