EEEK christmas chear needed

Ok so im not normaly a misery at xmas ( and i know im a lucky girl and have nothing to complain about compared to others) and im usually tree up and baily's and white xmas films by the 1st of dec i love it!!

But im not at all in the swing of it this year , it doesn't feel right.. missing family , and its not wet and windy lol .. so will it get better ? im off to carol by candle light service next weekend .. so can we have a christmas cheer thread , with ideas on how to do it in style over here please xxx:daydreaming:

Guest Guest31881
Ok so im not normaly a misery at xmas ( and i know im a lucky girl and have nothing to complain about compared to others) and im usually tree up and baily's and white xmas films by the 1st of dec i love it!!

But im not at all in the swing of it this year , it doesn't feel right.. missing family , and its not wet and windy lol .. so will it get better ? im off to carol by candle light service next weekend .. so can we have a christmas cheer thread , with ideas on how to do it in style over here please xxx:daydreaming:

I know what you mean, I have put up Christmas tree arranged cards for family back in the UK, But at the moment I am finding it hard to believe its Christmas in a few weeks. I will miss having the kids round on Christmas day, and I have a grandson in the UK I have not yet seen (apart from video on Skype). We are having the wifes brother round on Christmas day and at the moment I am planning a Turkey Buffett. It just does not seem the same. We have a Candles by Candlelight next saturday at Sandstone point. Perhaps then I will start to feel its Christmas. :notworthy:

thats what im hopeing too.. i feel a real miserable begger!! its not me , listening to xmas music at work the other day i was snivelling ... told myself to snap out of it.. i really hope your days wonderfull its not easy as a first xmas is it? skypes great but not the same as a big hug hey ? maybe we could have rain here xmas day lol feel more like it lol.. turkey buffet sounds good idea ..yum

thats what im hopeing too.. i feel a real miserable begger!! its not me , listening to xmas music at work the other day i was snivelling ... told myself to snap out of it.. i really hope your days wonderfull its not easy as a first xmas is it? skypes great but not the same as a big hug hey ? maybe we could have rain here xmas day lol feel more like it lol.. turkey buffet sounds good idea ..yum

hey sharon ...i think you me and ali need a girlie day to get in the mood ...oh and a couple of bottles of vino of course :jiggy:

julie x

hire a coach load of strangers that dont go out except at xmas and get them all to hog the bar of your local pub so it takes 20mins to get a drink, get people you don't even like coming up shaking your hand and wishing you happy xmas, a few ugly drunk birds dressed as naughty santas shouting and hollering and there you have it..

bah humbug:mask:

hire a coach load of strangers that dont go out except at xmas and get them all to hog the bar of your local pub so it takes 20mins to get a drink, get people you don't even like coming up shaking your hand and wishing you happy xmas, a few ugly drunk birds dressed as naughty santas shouting and hollering and there you have it..

hmmm aldo sounds like a night out in leicester in dec lol x

feel exactly the same....just can't get into the swing of things. i am really trying but just does not seem like christmas when the forecast says 38 degrees!!!

emma

x

thats what im thinking emma , the heat ... its seems odd , puuting my tree up tom,

merry christmas , enjoy yours back home x

ready when you are!! have you got your tree up yet? lets have a vino night out very soon x:wink:

put the "small " tree lol up this avo in the patio and the "big " one in the lounge going up on frid .....2 trees lol ...god im spoiled .....claire doing a beauty party next sat at her bosses house [afternoon] drinks and nibblies if u fancy it ...gona text u anyway about summit else so u can let me know

julie x

thats what im hopeing too.. i feel a real miserable begger!! its not me , listening to xmas music at work the other day i was snivelling ... told myself to snap out of it.. i really hope your days wonderfull its not easy as a first xmas is it? skypes great but not the same as a big hug hey ? maybe we could have rain here xmas day lol feel more like it l

Wash thy mouth out girl rain noooooooooooooooooooo

.. turkey buffet sounds good idea ..yum

You forgot the blokes in the crimbo jumpers xmas day in the boozer (if its open ) and the wonderfil smell of disinfectant and vomit in the loos

You forgot the blokes in the crimbo jumpers xmas day in the boozer (if its open ) and the wonderfil smell of disinfectant and vomit in the loos

If i remember rightly most boozers where open (sunday hours) on xmas day and some would open boxing day.

The women would stay home cooking the turkey while the blokes would get drunk and at 2.30 kicking out time, it was back home for dinners and the dam busters.

The all day opening has kind of killed to atmosphere as people seem to drift in and out willy nilly. The old fashioned opening times meant you always new where everyone was. If you wanted an all day drink you would go where the landlord had lock-ins.

Boxing day was a sea of dodgy jumpers and kuros after shave.

We had a workin mans club and 3 boozers on the estate , one pub 11am while 1pm ,club 12 -2 local 1 -3 pm , there was an ongoing procession round the streets at strategic times lol. home for dinner boll@@@@@ for being late , telly wkack the sound upto drown out geriatric snoring ,great!

feel exactly the same....just can't get into the swing of things. i am really trying but just does not seem like christmas when the forecast says 38 degrees!!!

emma

x

I like watching the blokes playing santa in the full gear , bet they are sweatin their tatas off lol

Ho HO PHEW HO

aldo, don't you mean home for the queens speach lol

Don't worry i'm sure the Queens Christmas message will be beemed over live to all of the subjects of the Queen of Australia

royal_queen.jpg

:notworthy:

Guest Guest31881

You got me thinking about what Christmas used to be like when my kids were younger,

Get up and kids would open presents, paper thrown into a black bag to try and keep some order to the process, Kids would unwrap presents from their Nan and say,,,,, ohhh its a jumper again. after that we would have full cooked breakfast then off round the relatives to take the presents..... "Kids moaning.... Do we have to wear this Jumper from nan", (she always knitted them a jumper, horrid looking things).... father in law takes me over the pub for a drink and we end up back at the in-laws house for Christmas dinner...luke warm turkey and veg, I always wondered how they could spend so long cooking dinner and manage to serve it cold..... We would get home for tea (evening meal to the posh ones lol), then get the paper out of the black bag because at least one of the kids had lost a present and we had to search for it. Kids would finally go to bed and we could sit down with a quiet drink and watch Sound of music for the umpteenth time.

Perhaps Christmas will be different over here, but thinking about it.... it stands a good chance that it may well be better in its own way....:notworthy:

I know what you mean , it's the whole build up as well . We are trying sooooo hard for the kids , so it's up with the tree this weekend :wubclub:

I'd love to know which carols you are attending , we are in Bullcreek so i'm sure it's not too far .

We should have a girls xmas do :jiggy:

Archived