hubby flight booked xxxx

pau1evs

:eek:hia guys

my hubby is flying out on sat on his own as he got a job and they want an immediate start which we are still in shock !!!!!!

we are not going to be able to wrap everything up from here until after xmas as there is 5 of us so not looking forward to saying goodbye as we thought we would make the move as a family

so many emotions at the moment

(NOT looking forward to waving goodbye !!! especially this side of xmas xxx

while we wait to get house sold or at least till after xmas to either ship our belongings and wait for house to sell or rent out as last option

at least he can sort out so many things ie areas and schools etc xxxx

the job is in oakleigh and we are looking at accomodation in frankston

does anyone know the travellling distance and what the driving commute is like as he is going to have a company vehicle but will be working in cbd

anyone have any info about melbourne or even in melbourne with a family

as i would love to hear from you even if you would like to pm me xxxx as i would love to get to know people over there and their experiences

so many questions

thanks carole paul and family

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Carole

It must be really hard for you, but just think, you have a lifetime to be together at Christmas. This is just once out of the rest of your life. I hope it is not long till you can follow behind him.

To get to Oakleigh from Frankston you have a few different options depending on what his working hours are. Probably the quickest route out of rush hour is up the Eastlink and then on to the Monash, but sometimes the Monash can be a bottle neck. It may be quicker to go up the Nepean and then up Warrigul Highway.

Kate

Hi,

If you need to know any other specifics about Melbourne, although we don't live the Oakleigh or Franston way just ask, Have lived in Melbourne for 20 years originally from the Liverpool area. We do head down to the beach alot so if you end up Frankston maybe we could catch up sometime. PM me if you like.

Joy

well accomodation for hubby is booked so he is all set to go xxx not looking forward to waving goodbye

we cant really afford for us to tavel out to see in over xmas

so i have made my mind up that lets get past xmas and then bugger it if he is happy in job lets ship up and out and either leave house empty or rent it out

we had a viewing 2 night from a drunk medium lol can things get any more werid !!! she kept tapping walls and oh i have a lovely feeling in this room they were here for 1 1/2 hours !!!!! please fingers crossed just dont tell the neighbours !!!!!they have got about 20 cats and dogs !!!!!

Guest siamsusie

we had a viewing 2 night from a drunk medium lol can things get any more werid !!! she kept tapping walls and oh i have a lovely feeling in this room they were here for 1 1/2 hours !!!!! please fingers crossed just dont tell the neighbours !!!!!they have got about 20 cats and dogs !!!!!
:laugh:

Once your husband is here I am sure he will find an area suitable for your family and his commute to work. May decide its too far from the south side and head over to the west side.

If you look in the Victoria Forum there are a lot of posts about different ares and how close they are to the CBD.

I agree the Monash would be commutable if they ever stop road works on it but its been having road works ever since it was built and its a car park in peak hour.

Nepean Highway is a better run in as is Beach Road if you live further down.

I have lived here for over 35 years now and know all the back ways and by ways and they keep changing as people coming here. When we arrived Melbourne had a couple of million people now its four million so its grown a bit.

Once your husband is here I am sure he will find an area suitable for your family and his commute to work. May decide its too far from the south side and head over to the west side.

If you look in the Victoria Forum there are a lot of posts about different ares and how close they are to the CBD.

I agree the Monash would be commutable if they ever stop road works on it but its been having road works ever since it was built and its a car park in peak hour.

Nepean Highway is a better run in as is Beach Road if you live further down.

I have lived here for over 35 years now and know all the back ways and by ways and they keep changing as people coming here. When we arrived Melbourne had a couple of million people now its four million so its grown a bit.

hia

thankyou for your useful post my hubby will be in frankston and job in oakleigh is the treck that bad as he will be commuting by car !!!!!!!!!

Hi Carole

It must be really hard for you, but just think, you have a lifetime to be together at Christmas. This is just once out of the rest of your life. I hope it is not long till you can follow behind him.

To get to Oakleigh from Frankston you have a few different options depending on what his working hours are. Probably the quickest route out of rush hour is up the Eastlink and then on to the Monash, but sometimes the Monash can be a bottle neck. It may be quicker to go up the Nepean and then up Warrigul Highway.

Kate

THANKYOU KATE

you have been fantanstic your support has been a life safer !!!!!!

i would recommend you to anyone on here !!!! you are a wealth of information

thankyou carole paul and family

and hopefully we can put a picture to face on a meet up xxx

speak soon xxx

Not too bad a commute by car from Frankston as he will learn there are ways to go. I would probably go along the Frankston Freeway and then accross the top of the airport and back onto Warrigal Road passed the Kingston Centre and then straight up to Oakleigh.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coopercav

We arrived last week & have secured a house in Frankston South. It's a lovely place & just from what I've seen in this short time I'd highly recommend it. Can't speak for the commute as yet, but will be commuting to Hawthorn East when I do. Might use the train instead of driving, not sure atm.

Guest The Pom Queen
We arrived last week & have secured a house in Frankston South. It's a lovely place & just from what I've seen in this short time I'd highly recommend it. Can't speak for the commute as yet, but will be commuting to Hawthorn East when I do. Might use the train instead of driving, not sure atm.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new life. Hope the weather hasn't held you back over the last few days.

Kate:wubclub:

well my other half has been over in frankston for a week (accomodation through kate ) and all is well at the mo he starts work today and i have got the shipping comps to come out this week so we know what to get rid off got viewing tomorror so dusters at the ready with crossed fingers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there... just wanted to say I hope it all goes well for you and you are reunited with hubby soon. It must be tough.... lets hope you can move on out soon. :cute: x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Carole

How are things going, sorry I haven't been online for a week, hope you can sell that house soon and join hubby.

Kate

Archived