Problem with Panel Doctor and Medicals

nickywes

Hi all

I am so cross at the moment. Has anyone else had their medicals done at St. Albans because I would not recommend them. We had them done on the 20th April and needed a report from our Doctors regarding an operation I had done 9 years ago. My Doctors did their report within 2 days and faxed it back to them immediately. Since then I have rung the Panel docs every day asking if it has been signed off yet and to book the courier. The answer is either the Doctor hasn't had time or because of the Bank Hols he only came back in today and it is in his tray!!! It has been in his bloody tray since the 1st May. So far I have just shown them that I am disappointed and they are getting really shirty with me for ringing but I feel like saying that they have been paid and everything has been done so shape up. What else can I do?

Nicky

Guest Diane Paul and the kids

We know how you feel but the thing with this visa thing is that you have to be very,very patient and nobody is in a rush.

Hi all

I am so cross at the moment. Has anyone else had their medicals done at St. Albans because I would not recommend them. We had them done on the 20th April and needed a report from our Doctors regarding an operation I had done 9 years ago. My Doctors did their report within 2 days and faxed it back to them immediately. Since then I have rung the Panel docs every day asking if it has been signed off yet and to book the courier. The answer is either the Doctor hasn't had time or because of the Bank Hols he only came back in today and it is in his tray!!! It has been in his bloody tray since the 1st May. So far I have just shown them that I am disappointed and they are getting really shirty with me for ringing but I feel like saying that they have been paid and everything has been done so shape up. What else can I do?

Nicky

It's that white coat syndrome again .... god it winds me up!!!....:arghh:

If i were you i'd keep phoning everyday until he has read it.... either that or ask to speak to him directly.... as it sounds like the receptionist has got her head up her own a**e as well and is taking her job too seriously.

Another attack is to ask to speak to the medical centers manager.... that might get them moving...

Deep breaths and get straight on the phone in the morning...!!

Good luck

Min x :cute:

Guest Vicar of Dibley

OOHHH GOWD

I would tackle it from a customer service perspective (which is what it is) Tell them that you have paid whatever amount for what is essentially a private appointment and you expect the service to go with this. Tell them that you have a deadline to meet and that you will be reporting them if they don't act accordingly. Its time to start getting grown up here 'cos docs all make us feel like we are the children and they are the grown ups. Stop playing the game . You are a grown up too. Get on the phone and start kicking some serious Butt Give them some deadlines and tell them that if they don't have a satisfactury answer you will want to know why!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but it is a customer service thing and they are obviously shit!!!!!

As with most doctors they think that they are dealing witnthe great " unwashed" and treat us accordingly!!!!

Don't let them play the game. Kick Butt Sister!!!!

Guest Gollywobbler

Gi Bicky

I agree with the Vixar and I have the name and number of a senior lady at Australia House in London who would be interested in why this Panel Doctor is so inefficient. This lady wasted no time in intervening when an x-ray clinic produced a friend's x-rays on disk instead of on film and then said they had disposed of the machine that could produce the x-rays on filn. Apparently the AHC lady was straight on the phone to the hospital and by that afternoon, the hospital had produced the x-rays on film and had had them couriered to the Panel Doctor.

DIAC minitor the work of the Panel Doctors and the x-rays clinics. If the service is not up to scratch they will take doctors/clincs off the Panel.

Threaten to complain to Australia House in London and also to complain to the Head of DIAC's Gealth Section in Canberra, I suggest. Insist that tey send the meds by courier before Friday of this week, otherwise you want a full refund, the x-raysand anything else supplied by you returned to you and you will start again with a different Panel Doctor s well as complaining formally to DIAC about the practice concerned.

Let me know if you need the lady in London's details.

Cheers

Gill.

Guest hays
Hi all

Nicky

Hi nicky,

Im st.albans as well............I hope I dont end up with the same one! Its a while off for us though, so maybe he'll have quit or bucked his ideas up by then!

Here's hoping!:wink:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi again Nicky & Hays

Do bear in mind, though, that it takes 7-10 days for the results of the HIV test to be returned to the Panel Doctor. My impression that this isn't the labs being slow. I think it takes a while to culture the blood sample or something along those lines.

Nickly, whilst you are on the phone to them, get confirmatiopn of when the bloods were sent off and have they come back yet, I suggest? It could be that the doctor is dragging his feet because he is waiting for the results to come back.

Cheers

Gill

Hi there all

Thanks for all the advice, it is so helpful having someone else to spout off to. Gill I will let you know after tomorrows phone call whether I need the help thanks. I am going to insist that it is all gone by Friday or an explanation why. I do know that the blood tests were back on the 1st May and all OK as the receptionist told me that everything was there and clipped together just waiting for it all to be signed off.

This could be a one off with this surgery but who knows, we could just be unlucky.

Will let you know the outcome tomorrow.

Thanks a lot

Nicky

Instead of being abrupt(been there tried that) ,,tell a white lie and make them feel sorry for you ,,i told them we were supposed to sign on our house sale in a few week and obviously didnt want to sign if we didnt get the visa ,,and was there anything they could do to speed things up a little ,,it worked for me ,,good luck

Cal x

Hi Cal

I have already tried the please feel sorry for me approach yesterday but I got "well it might be ready for courier tomorrow but not sure, we will ring you when it is ready" as I have to book the courier myself as they only do posting.

Some Doctors and receptionists think they are God and you are the lowly persons below, not all however as my surgery were more helpful that I could have hoped for.

I am going to ring at 11am today but not with an aggressive tone. This will give him time to have looked at his tray hopefully.

Nicky

Surprised you have to organise the courier. The panel doctor I went to was fantastic (Chichester). Got an appointment within 2 weeks and they did everything for me. It was so easy and the doctor was such a nice and caring gentleman. I was surprised because it is hard to find this kind of service these days.

I'm really surprised you have to book the courier - we paid the postage £15 for ours but the Dr arranged it. There was a delay of 7 days whilst the blood results came back which is normal practise I'm afraid.

Ali

Hi there

Well, I rang the doctors at about 11 this morning and asked if they could get them ready for pick up today by courier and lo and behold half an hour later I got a phone call back to say they were ready. Then the fun started, I booked the courier for between 1-5.30 and about 2ish the courier turned up and refused to take the package as there was no waybill attached (real stroppy bloke who could have done the waybill) he would not wait around for one to be done and just went. I rang the company, interparcel, who have always been really good and they were really helpful and got hold of him to be told that he was now out of the area (what a load of c**p) and would not go back. Anyway, long and the short of it is that the Doctors surgery became really helpful and got all the waybills etc. sorted for it to be picked up tomorrow. In the meantime I have put in a complaint about the driver and someone is ringing me back!!

At least they will go tomorrow now but I think everything is being sent to test us and my patience is wearing very thin now.

Keep counting to 10...............

Thanks for the help everyone.

Nicky

Guest Diane Paul and the kids

Hi i'm glad you are all sorted out now,our meds were last thursday and they are due to be sent by courier tomorrow or friday,the hospital have said they will give us a tracking number so we can see where they are and when they get delivered to sydney.

Archived