Shippers - can you help me!!!!!

debbie2302

Decided on only getting two shipping quotes as they both come highly recommended from two of my friends who have both recently emigrated to oz.

Awaiting on the quotes, but just looking for other peoples opinions/views really.

We have had out John Masons and Crown. Both very professional, seemed to cover most things, was slightly impressed with one more than the other but dont want to say which as would prefer to see what others think.

Would love your views, good or bad.

Debbie

xxx

I can recall one of these posts before - led me to think we might be better chartering our own sailing boat and takeing our stuff ourselves after reading all the horror stories, decided that there were too many pirates out there!

On a serious note a friend used Pacific and they did a very professional job and got them to NZ without a single breakage. I suppose it is a choice between cost and service and that generally means going with your gut instinct. You say you preferred one company then maybe they will be the one for you!!

Found a new one! Saw this company on Working Lunch today and thought I would look it up. www.shiply.com advertises 'loads' to be transported from A to B and companies bid to fill up empty cargo/lorry space. It does appear to be mainly UK based although there are a few shipments going around Europe - it claims to reduce costs by up to 75%. Not sure if I would be brave enough to advertise my house removal but some have done it - if you know when and where you are going it may be worth a try!!

Guest jewels1356

we used john mason found them brilliant allways kept us informed on estimated dates of arrivels going thro customs (ridgways they use over hear )couldnt fault either

julie

xx

Guest Burness2Oz

Hiya,

We have booked with Pickfords and so far so good. The packers are coming next week and so far they have been excellent with advice, price etc. I liked the fact we are using Pickfords here in the UK and in OZ and they have their own area in customs.

We got 4 quotes in the end, and haggled on prices saving hundreds as they all are hungry for the business.

Good luck

Archived