Urgent help please with evidence of dependancy for 175 visa

z&p

Hi,

Is there anybody who can give me urgent advice as i have to respond within 28 days!

I have applied for a 175 visa and have included my children on the application.

The oldest has just turned 23 and is presently in his final year at university.

I have just received the following from the case officer and am now panicking:-:arghh:

please provide further documentary evidence of dependency to support your claim.

Such evidence should include:

Official evidence of the relative's income and assets.

Evidence of the extent to which the relative's income is personally supplemented by the

applicant (such evidence may include payments of accounts, subscriptions, etc).

If applicable, evidence that the relative is unable to live independently.

Please include form 47A as part of your evidence

I must advise that if this office accepts that your relative is your dependant, they will be required

to meet the health requirement for entry to Australia. If the relative does not satisfy the health

requirement for entry to Australia, then, in accordance with Migration Regulations, the entire

application for migration will have to be refused.

I have sent letters from university, evidence that he is based at our home address when not in university and form47a. The problem i have is that i generally buy groceries for him from tescos which he takes back to university with him, pay for his car insurance/tax and help with petrol. i usually give him money (cash), to supplement him so cannot always show on my statements that he receives regular sums of money directly from bank to bank.:cry:

I'm not sure what to send to them.

Can anyone help please?

z&p

Hi Z&P

This is just a standard blurb that accompanies a request for the Form 47A as it was not provided at the start. Complete the Form 47A and put a cover letter in referring to any previous evidence of financial dependency you may have provided and anything else. Generally nothing much is required, other than proof of full-time enrolment, where the student is not working - so if this is the case, it should be no problem. Where a student is working, they are unlikely be earning enough money to finance their housing, food and clothes. Proving you pay for food and clothes is difficult and not expected but if you could somehow show you pay for his accommodation, that would be a help.

Regards

Tony

Guest Guest31881

please provide further documentary evidence of dependency to support your claim.

Such evidence should include:

Official evidence of the relative's income and assets.

Evidence of the extent to which the relative's income is personally supplemented by the

applicant (such evidence may include payments of accounts, subscriptions, etc).

If applicable, evidence that the relative is unable to live independently.

[/QUOTE]

Hi, I am sure someone has been in the same situation and will come on here to help, my thoughts would be :-

If he has no income then you can only tell them he has no income as he is full time uni, as for his assets then List what he owns, sterio, Tv stuff like that.

If you have paid his car insurance and stuff, how did you pay, if it was by credit or debit card you should be able to tie the payments up to a statement from your credit/debit card company.

Explain that you buy groceries for him to take back to uni . have you any cash withdrawls or payments on your bank statement that tie up with him returning to uni, that show when you went shopping to get him food.

As he has no work, then he has to be totally dependednt on you!

Hi Z&P

This is just a standard blurb that accompanies a request for the Form 47A as it was not provided at the start. Complete the Form 47A and put a cover letter in referring to any previous evidence of financial dependency you may have provided and anything else. Generally nothing much is required, other than proof of full-time enrolment, where the student is not working - so if this is the case, it should be no problem. Where a student is working, they are unlikely be earning enough money to finance their housing, food and clothes. Proving you pay for food and clothes is difficult and not expected but if you could somehow show you pay for his accommodation, that would be a help.

Regards

Tony

Hi

thanks for your post. I actually sent the form 47a at the same time as the one for my daughter so i'm not sure whether the actually have it or not!

I can show visits to tesco which tie in with the weekends he's home and a direct debit for his insurance on his car .

Its just the the thought of the whole lot being rejected!

Z&P

Hi Z&P

Buying groceries when he is at home and paying for his car insurance are not that relevant. It is difficult to advise you without knowing the full circumstances of your son since he turned 18. He may have worked for a couple of years and was not financially dependent on you for a period. Somebody is paying for his accommodation, either him or you or you indirectly.

If they decide he is not your dependent, they just refuse his visa and he may have options for a working holiday and the remainin grelative visa. He can only get the rest of you refused if he is considered your financial dependent AND he fails the medical.

Let me know what his situation is since tirning 18 and who pays the accommodation and I can give you more specific help.

Regards

Hi Z&P

Buying groceries when he is at home and paying for his car insurance are not that relevant. It is difficult to advise you without knowing the full circumstances of your son since he turned 18. He may have worked for a couple of years and was not financially dependent on you for a period. Somebody is paying for his accommodation, either him or you or you indirectly.

If they decide he is not your dependent, they just refuse his visa and he may have options for a working holiday and the remainin grelative visa. He can only get the rest of you refused if he is considered your financial dependent AND he fails the medical.

Let me know what his situation is since tirning 18 and who pays the accommodation and I can give you more specific help.

Regards

HI,

He attended 6th form until he was a few months short of his 19th birthday in 2005 (he's one of the older ones). He applied for university but didn't get onto the course he wanted initially so took time out.

After some months he got a job which was initially for 6 weeks but kept being extended until he went to university. Mean while he reapplied to go to univeristy, and he started when he was 20 in september 2007. During this time he lived at home and his wages were used as spending money for himeself I paid his day to day living expenses.

With regards to his accomodation, I am his guarantor and the rent is paid indirectly by myself. The payment to the rental company is taken from his account , he gets a student loan and I give him monies to help with his rent and day to day living.

With regards to the medicals he is a fit rugby player and any medical attention he receives is usually as a result of rugby!!

Thanks for your help it is very much appreciated.

Z

OK - So you need to explain this to DIAC and maybe show his bank statements for at least the last 12 months - great if you can show you made payments to him of more than £,3000 odd in that 12 month period as they will agree that £60 odd pounds a week student loan is not nearly enough to pay for his accommodation food and clothes and if you can show you are subsidising him for more than the student loan, it makes it all the easier for DIAC to accept. If he is paying for the balance out of savings he has, then maybe he is not financially dependent on you for visa purposes.

Regards

Archived