looking to buy tom tom for australia in the uk

ozerjon

I bought the Australian map as a direct download from TomTom a couple of years ago. At the time this was the cheapest legal option. You can save your current map and replace it with the download if you already own a TomTom - I did this with my UK TomTom. If you want you can have multiple maps on one memory card or switch between cards.

I went to Brissy, Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, and Philip Island using this TomTom as my only map. The only problem I encountered was in CBD Sydney where the tall buildings blocked out the satelites, but we did not get lost.:radar:

Hi,

We bought the tom tom 930 in the Uk, then downloaded the Australia maps on it and it's been fab! It's a good unit cuz u don't need seperate cards for each map, they all fit on the hardrive. It comes with the Uk, USA, canada & European maps already on it.

Does it have to be a TomTom GPS? As you can buy a standard GPS unit for around $150 here in Aus with the latest Aus maps pre-installed which is around the same cost as actually purchasing just the TomTom map from their website, then you have to add the unit cost to the bill.

If you would prefer to buy a TomTom model then I would purchase a model with an SD Card slot and then buy a map from a UK ebay seller they cost around a third of the of the original TomTom map. The Aus maps are usually last years model but that didn't cause me a problem, I travelled from Melbourne to Adelaide up to Cape Tribulation passing through parts of the outback, Sydney and Brissi and never once got lost.

Archived