How easy will it be to find dairy free food in Darwin

Guest geordie mandy

Guest geordie mandy

My 7 year old son is dairy intolerant and even the slightest about of dairy produce sends him hyper active. I had done research for products in Victoria when i thought we may end up living there. But since we have been told we are moving to Darwin i have found it hard to find information on the type of foods available for him.

In the UK ive been lucky to find a dairy free chocolate spread that i know is made in oz.

But as for things like soya milk, marge, cheese and ice cream im stuggling to find it.

Where possible i make meals from scratch as well as cakes so i know what is in the food i give him.

So for any Darwinites that can offer advice it will help in the settling in process if i can reassure my son that he will still be able to eat similar types of food as he does now.

Mandy

Not in Darwin but with national food chains I would imagine that Coles and Woolies would stock pretty much the same stuff all over the country and you shouldnt have too much bother with it. I work with a couple of lactose intolerant women and they manage quite well - they do make a bit of a song and dance about it but that is more their personality than the fact that they cant find things. We used to have one who was lactose and gluten intolerant and she managed to find things as well. Soy products are quite popular here.

Guest geordie mandy

Thank you Quoll and Janine, feeling much happier knowing there should be no problems get dairy free food for my son. When we lived in Germany last year it was a mare, as all i could get was soya milk, so poor lad had to do with out loads of his favourite types of food.

Mandy

Thank you Quoll and Janine, feeling much happier knowing there should be no problems get dairy free food for my son. When we lived in Germany last year it was a mare, as all i could get was soya milk, so poor lad had to do with out loads of his favourite types of food.

Mandy

Funnily enough I was in Germany and had to get mine from the hospital in Hannover.

Archived