how long to process 457 visa?

collie 1979

can anyone help i was assigned my case officer 17.9.09 and i sent my last document over a week ago(acpo police certificate)but had no reply of them to say they have received it,is this normal?also how long do you think ill be waiting now to hear if my visa will be granted? its for a 457 visa. I'm checking my email 24/7 its beginning to get me down a bit

Guest Gollywobbler
can anyone help i was assigned my case officer 17.9.09 and i sent my last document over a week ago(acpo police certificate)but had no reply of them to say they have received it,is this normal?also how long do you think ill be waiting now to hear if my visa will be granted? its for a 457 visa. I'm checking my email 24/7 its beginning to get me down a bit

Hi Collie 1979

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

What is your occupation and what sort of employer is involved, please? A private company?

I ask because a lady member on here has become a chum of mine. She is a Special Needs Teacher aged 54. Her employer is the Northern Territory Department of Education. They made the job offer about 4 weeks ago. Her 457 visa was granted 5 days ago.

DIAC have moved like greased lightining and I suspect that "employer clout" was the clincher.

Hence my question.

Cheers

Gill

I have been waiting for the perth centre of excellence to do anything on my 457 to say they are slow is probably the biggest understatement i could have made. as Gill asked are they a private comapany, mine is and does not have that much influence. Things will get done but at their spead and they will not be rushed. I have heard about the 28 day rule but not sure if this is a myth. i am contracted to start work on the 1st of november, they have taken about 8 weeks to start to look at the employers suitability.

just one note i spoke to the perth centre and the staff in the 457 section have been cut by 50% in september. and the man sounded really fed up.

Chin up

Martin

Hi, our 457 was finally granted yesterday after I rang our co and practically begged her to sort it for the weekend. She was an extremely lovely lady & 20 minutes later Everything was approved. We did have a bit of an issue right at the beginning in regards to my hubbys licensing, so things were delayed whilst he got that. Then when the 14th of sep. Rolled along they had to reassess everything against the new legislation & new info was required. I dealt with our sponsors app, so was aware of what was asked for & when, and I suspect that ur sponsor may be needing to provide xtra info. If the sponsors all been approved & it's just you, then I'd just sit tight, cuz they will get in touch. We applied for all 3 visas on the 21st of July, got a co 2 days l8r, lots of info sent and we were granted everything on the 16th of oct. And I might add we are already in oz. We had to apply again cuz we were 6 months short of 2 years working with employer.

Hi Gill,

My occupation is shoe repair,key cutting,engraving my occupations is 60 points

My employer company is a small business he employs about 20 people,my roll in the company will be a trainer,my job starts 14/2/2010

There are a couple of factors with my application,i have previously been to Australia three times on a holiday visa and never declared having a criminal record,i received community service 12 years ago when i was 18,i declared my convictions on my application and also sent a letter explaining why i didn't declare previously as i thought after 5 years you didn't have to declare you criminal record ect.

Secondly when i received my acpo police check a found a caution i received also when i was 18 which i honestly forgot about,again i sent a letter explaining that i forgot all about my caution i have been in continual employment and never been in trouble since

I have tried to be as honest as possiable,i have not tried to hide anything from immigration,ive not heard anything of my case officer regarding my criminal record,only that i would have to submit a pollice check,i think it will be prety unfair if they reject my application for being of bad charactor

Guest stillwaiting79

hey all,

have any of you applied for the 457 yourselves?

asking coz I might need to and would need some advise.

cheers...

Guest Mandymil

Hi I am doing our visa 457 myself, my Husbands employer has just put his sponsor forms in but didn't send a nomination form with it so have had to fill that in & send it back asap this morning.

I am hoping it goes as smoothly as they said it would.

Just need our sponsorship number now to fill out our visa forms.

I will help you if I can ok.

Archived