Is it true? cost of schooling is around $4500 in nsw

hogan

Hi all

Just getting a little worried at the cost of schooling in oz for state schools , i have heard that it cost 4500 dollars per child omg i have 3, is this true, also does it depend which area, we were told this was the cost for nsw, is it the same for queensland?

thanks for any info, we are on a ,dont laugh 176.

Guest The Pom Queen

As far as I know on a 457 Visa - State School fees are free in QLD,WA & SA. School fees are payable in NSW, ACT & TAS. Just be thankful you are not on a student visa then fees are around $8500 per child:swoon:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi hogan

It is not an issue with a subclass 176 visa so have no fears on this score. It is true with a 457 visa in NSW.

In QLD the 457 rule is that the actual school fees are the same as for a Permanent Resident but any special needs help must be funded by the parent. Again, this is not so with a sc 176 in QLD because the 176 confers Permanent Residency.

Cheers

Gill

Yup all the add ons like voluntary contributions, uniforms, books, stationery, excursions, performances, some senior courses etc they add up but not the $4.5k or more than $10k pa that is charged for 457 visa holders in NSW and ACT respectively. If you move into the Catholic system then you would be paying out about $3k pa for most systemic Catholic schools

Hi everyone

I have just been reading this thread and wondered if anyone could advise if school fees apply to a 309 defacto spouse visa? My daughter is on my visa and obviously we are being sponsored by my partner who has a PR visa 175 .

Will this go on mine or his when we submit her enrolment forms?

Your advice would be very much appreciated

Jo

Archived