Anyone in and around Melbourne - Point Cook area

Guest budman

hi guys we live in point cook, been in oz nearly two years and would be happy to meet up,will keep an eye on here for next point cook meet

katie & brian

Happy New Year!!!

Ok that will be great. we live by sanctuary lakes shopping centre...where are you??

Not sure when the next get together is but let me know when is good time for you.

cheers

soozi

hi guys we live in point cook, been in oz nearly two years and would be happy to meet up,will keep an eye on here for next point cook meet

katie & brian

Hello my name is Tess i live in point cook, we have meet ups/coffee regular and you wont find it on here! we also have girls nite out once a month which are orginized between ourselves. If you want give me a pm and i will get in touch if your ready for some maddness of orginized chaos!! tess xxxx:wubclub:

Guest budman

I would love to come along to your next coffee meet up. I was in the Chocolate Lounge in Point Cook yesterday and they do the best hot chocolate ever!

Katie

HOT CHOCOLATE in the summertime????hahaha

well it was sort of chilly yesterday...we went to see AVATAR....was amazing, you have to go see it. Look forward to meeting you

Soozi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sabretiger

hi hun just arrived in hoppers crossing on november 9th and missing family in u.k. lol need a friend cos i do we live about 10 mins from point cook lovely place but nothing there really thats why we rented in hoppers close to train and literally across road from werribee plaza and we have a pool .. call for coffee.

jean 0405458823

Guest sabretiger

hi all am looking for friend etc to meet up with cos am feeling lonely have daughter aged 14 with me 45 and hubby 46. painter/decorator.

been here since nov 9th loving it but missing 2 kids and granddaughter in u.k south wales big time. we in hoppers crossing mainly because was to quiet for our daughter to mix we live opposite werribee plaza pool and all lol ... call if anyone can help me settle .cheers

jean 0405458823

Hi there, well come join us, we are all meeting at the Brooke on Sneydes Road tomorrow thurs at 8pm..good bunch of girls from UK.....

soozi

04343 50265

Guest Lewis clan

Hi There, We also live in Hoppers - not far from you. Give me a ring on 0458803578. Got 3 girls - age 10, 7 and 2. I am working but my husband isn't yet. You sau your grandchuld is in South Wales - we are from West Wales. Give me a ring, Lyn

Guest Lewis clan

Hi There, count me in, Just moved over from UK 3 months ago. Would love to get to know some other people out there!!1

Lyn

Hi There, We also live in Hoppers - not far from you. Give me a ring on 0458803578. Got 3 girls - age 10, 7 and 2. I am working but my husband isn't yet. You sau your grandchuld is in South Wales - we are from West Wales. Give me a ring, Lyn

Lyn

What school do your girls go to?

Karen

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi everyone,

someone has just said on another thread that there is a massive sewerage plant right next to point cook and that it smells horrendous when its hot, is this true or are they making it up.

jim

well jim iv lived here for just over a year, through black sat and few other horrible sticky hot days. i havent smelt anything!! dont know where the nearest landfill is but not close enough to cause a stink even in the strongest winds!!! so i think someones pulling you leg!! tess xxxx

Guest The Ropey HOFF
well jim iv lived here for just over a year, through black sat and few other horrible sticky hot days. i havent smelt anything!! dont know where the nearest landfill is but not close enough to cause a stink even in the strongest winds!!! so i think someones pulling you leg!! tess xxxx

Hi tess,

thanks for that, i thought as much, if there is one thing that i have learnt here on PIO is that the anti-oz lot will try to do Australia down at every chance and its just really sad because they totally miss the point, no matter what they say none of us will not stop wanting to go because we all know compared to the freezing cold UK, its warm and Blooming FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIM.:biglaugh:

Guest Vicky66

Hi,

I'm in Melton but I think it's a bit quiet for me and my favourite place so far is Werribee so I think we might move when our lease runs out in a couple of months. We've been here since November and are not making any friends. The summer holidays started just after we got here so the playgroups/schools haven't been open to help us make friends. If there is anybody meeting up, I'd love to join in and get to know Werribee/Point Cook a bit better. We're originally from Birmingham and I've got 2 children, 1 & 4yrs. I'm happy to come to Werribee for a meet-up as we go several times a week to the pool/plaza/beach anyway.

Vicky

Guest sabretiger

hey hun i live right by the plaza across the road in fact hungry jacks side. love it here arrived nov myself u want to meet up this week call me jean 0405458823. hoppers crossing ... and hey we got a pool at our rental lol

Guest Lewis clan

Hi, Yes I would be intersetd in get together too - got 3 kids and of course - the other half!!!

How about the weekend. My tel no is 0458803579 and we are in Hoppers too.

Lyn

I'd love to join in on any meetups too. We have just arrived in Point Cook from the UK, we have an 11 month old daughter.

I hope you don't mind me joining you as I'm being a little bit cheeky joining this forum as I am Australian, but having lived in the UK the last few years (and my daughter was born there) I seem more accustomed to the UK way of things and have finding it strange adapting back to the Aussie way of life!

Guest Lewis clan

Hi Danielle

We are arranging a meet up in Hoppers Crossing or Werribee beach this Sunday if you are interested. Not sure of time or location yet but if you reply then I can let you know, Lyn

Guest Lewis clan

Hi, We are arranging a get together on Werribee beach or Hoppers Crossing on Sunday. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks, Lyn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Reading this thread and seeing you all meeting up at the beach has made me feel so jealous. We are just waiting confirmation of our visas (457) and then hubby moving out at end of Feb, we are to follow in May..

I am quite nervous and worried that our boys wont make new friends easily (they are 12 and 15)...

Have to say, my ideal is a meet at the beach on a weekend. Bliss.

Elaine

Archived