What's the best way to collate documents: de facto visa subclass 309.

Guest mpur030

Guest mpur030

Hello all,

My partner and I are in the process of collating the mountain of documents required for the De facto visa (Subclass 309).

I'm looking for advice on the best way to compile everything.

Do most people just collate the documents into some order then pop it into a folder? Separated by plastic pockets? Or perhaps everything stuck down scrap-book style? Stapled into sections?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated (especially those of you who've had super-quick processing times, or applied to the Auckland branch of DIAC)

Cheers :) :biggrin:

Hi,

I applied for the same visa this time last year. First of all, I would advise against sticking anything down or stapling it, in fact I think somewhere in the guidelines it specifically tells you not to use staples.

I put all my paperwork in a plastic 'concertina' folder with a popper on the front. It kept everything together nicely, and I was able to seperate the application in to sections.

It was processed and the visa granted within 3 weeks.

Good luck!

Guest Marcsi

Hi,

Staples and plastic folders shall not be used, because they have to scan everything and it slows down the process if things have to be taken apart. Check the websites of different embassies (they may not require for exactly the same thing, but you can deduce what stuff is generally asked for, and all have english versions, too), some do contain advices for the presentation; I followed some, and recall grouping the paperwork like this, separating each section with an A4 divider sheet, with notes what the next section contains:

1. all forms

2. all copies of ID documents -passport copies, birth and marriage certificates, divorce decree, etc...

3. stat decs

4. "love stories"

5. more clear/official proofs, such as joint rental documents, insurance contracts, healthcare card copies, bills...those with only one name followed up with one with my partner's name from same month, for example (but not stapled together!)

6. collated photos, printed upon A4 sheets;

7. miscellaneous other stuff like entry cards, samples from chatlogs, screen capture of email inbox together with explanation of user IDs

8. half a tonnes of payslips.

I also used very large paperclips, they can be removed with a single movement, and put the whole lot into a large paper envelope. However, for both of my applications, they were removed from there and put into a similar but "officially dedicated" one right after handed in.

I also clipped the photos onto the relevant application forms.

When some of the evidence was returned, many of the clips were still there, and rather apparently not moved...so they may not check all of the evidence, especially not the less secure stuff like emails. (Well, true, they could be easily faked, who can really proove that "jennifer1966" is really you?!)

Good luck :)

Guest mpur030

Thanks Livvy, Marcsi and tearose for your replies,

I've read all official websites and visa booklets exhaustively, but I'd never come across any suggestions (or no-no's) for how to compile everything.

Off to the Auckland office we go!

Fingers crossed and thanks again all ;)

I like both of your recommendations.

Don't forget to take your completed form [the dreaded] 80 if you're applying via Auckland. Auckland is where we will be applying too and I noticed yesterday that it is included on the checklist they send out.

AUSTRALIAN CONSULATE GENERAL AUCKLAND

SUBCLASS 309 SPOUSE CHECKLIST

To facilitate efficient and quick processing of your application you should provide the following documents –Booklet 1 and forms can be downloaded from our

website – Department of Immigration & Citizenship.

• Application charge NZ$2235 (subject to change)
  • completed and signed form 47SP
  • completed and signed form 40SP
  • completed personal particulars form 80 (if your sponsor is a New Zealand citizen s/he must also complete this form)
  • consent to disclosure of information form (if your sponsor is a New Zealand citizen s/he must also complete this form)

It didn't mention anything about how to package it all so I was just going to err on the safe-side and just leave everything loose.

Guest proud2beaussie

The IMMI site specifically says

Application Document Checklist

The checklist is to assist you to lodge your application with the Adelaide Skilled Processing

• provide certified copies of original documentations (do not send originals)

• accompany documents not in English with accredited English translations

secure your application together with a large clip and place in a large envelope

• do not place your application in a binder, folder, or plastic sleeve

• ensure Basic Eligibility Requirements are met at time of application.

That is the guidelines for the 475 visa but I would be surprised if it was any different for the 309 or any other visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/475_checklist.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clairefitz

Submitted 309 with front loaded with docs cert (Compasionate reasons) and forgot the form 80....Is this going to hold up the application process?

Thanks,

Claire

The guidance I was offered was:

How Should I Put My Application Together?

Please do not make complex collations of your application papers. We waste a lot of time (and risk injury to life and limb) deconstructing applications which have been extensively stapled or artfully put together in complex folders with indexes, dividers and tabs. Do not use plastic inserts. Please leave the papers, loosely divided by slide-on paper clips if you feel it is absolutely necessary, in a simple stack. Application form on the top; sponsorship form next; key personal documents next (birth and marriage certificates etc); formal statutory declarations next; and other supporting documents last.

Please do not send us video tapes or photograph albums. If you would like to support your claims with photographs, please choose a representative selection and make a photocopy.

Please do not send us phone cards at all as they can tell us nothing. If you wish to send examples of correspondence, please be very selective and send copies only.

The Joy of Emigration: A Useful Email - full copy of the email.

Archived