Thats it! How much more PC can this country get!!!

mr luvpants

Surely - someone on ofstead has some common sense - I know they are civil servants but surely the sensible brain cell must kickin at some point? Crazy reall it is.

Guest JoanneHattersley

They would have to prosecute EVERYONE with kids in the UK!

I spent more time at my grandparents than at home! Especially in school holidays!

It says in the article that close relatives of the children are exempt from the rules.

What I don't understand is.....surely the two police officers have had 'Police Checks'??????

Therefore how much of a risk do OFSTED think they are?? - childminders have to have a check too.

And I also hope that the 'busy-body' who reported them gets some stupid red-tape/jobsworth type karma in return - what horrible, jealous, pointless behaviour!!

Sue x

Guest sooveroz
It says in the article that close relatives of the children are exempt from the rules.

What I don't understand is.....surely the two police officers have had 'Police Checks'??????

Therefore how much of a risk do OFSTED think they are?? - childminders have to have a check too.

And I also hope that the 'busy-body' who reported them gets some stupid red-tape/jobsworth type karma in return - what horrible, jealous, pointless behaviour!!

Sue x

absolute madness. the thing that gets me though is, if it was someone leaving their kids with their latest boyfriend/partner then it would be ok - and how many times does that end in child abuse/battery?

some of the rules today are just crazy - but many of them come about because of people looking for compo if anything happens to them eg I stepped in my shower and it was too warm = give me compo = law changed now everyone needs a thermometer or device to stop the water getting too warm. what about the woman a few years back that sued her friend because she got cut at her house during a dinner party or something? there's no common sense allowed any more.

Guest flipflop

I know children must be protected but this seems way over the top, thankfully they said they will review it again as it has been criticised so much.

I know children must be protected but this seems way over the top, thankfully they said they will review it again as it has been criticised so much.

Lets see if that happens once the Labour Party conference is over.

This is only news because its 2 coppers:policeman:, if it was 2 workers from Tesco then no one would comment. As this goes on all the time I am surprised it has taken so long to become a news item.

Guest flipflop
Lets see if that happens once the Labour Party conference is over.

This is only news because its 2 coppers:policeman:, if it was 2 workers from Tesco then no one would comment. As this goes on all the time I am surprised it has taken so long to become a news item.

Spot on

The 2 officers should just pack in trying to work and just go on dole and get everything paid for and have all the laws covering them instead of working against them. This is the kind of think that makes me pleased im going to be leaving soon. I keep thinking am i doing the right think emigrating, then you see stuff like this and you just know you are doing right thing.

Guest mandisfam

When I read the title of this thread, just knew this what it was going to be about. Its absolutely crazy. The government are always trying to get stay at home mums back to work, but with the high child care costs, its not cost effective to go back to work, so if you a friend you trust to do this type of arrangement with, then surely its win win for all concern, including the bloody government because thats someone else back at work.

Mandisfam

Guest flipflop
When I read the title of this thread, just knew this what it was going to be about. Its absolutely crazy. The government are always trying to get stay at home mums back to work, but with the high child care costs, its not cost effective to go back to work, so if you a friend you trust to do this type of arrangement with, then surely its win win for all concern, including the bloody government because thats someone else back at work.

Mandisfam

Well you will soon have a different Goverment who say PC has gone to far and might just rebalance it.

Archived