Is there ANYTHING that bugs you about UK?

The Ozcans

(waits for 'anything that bugs you about Australia' thread from aldo!!:cute:)

I've put this in the MBTTUK forum because I'm interested in people who are thinking of moving back, or have already moved back or have lived in both countries.

I'm interested about- during your discussions to move back, at some point did you say to yourselves 'Oh, no we'll have to put up with xxxxx', or something similar, that you may have forgotten about, that bugs/bugged you about the UK.

A lot of people mention the weather, seasons, architecture, supermarkets, family etc. as good reasons to move back. But was there anything you weren't/aren't looking forward to?? (maybe the mother-in-law??:twitcy:)

Or is there something you forgot about and now you are back it still bugs you?

Genuinely interested.

Thanks.

Sue x

Guest June Pixie

The shopping culture bugs me about the UK. I cannot get my head around families who class a walk around a retail park in the middle of some godforsaken wasteland on a Sunday as a form of entertainment!

In equal measures I hate: Supermarkets especially Tesco and except the Cooperative, rubbish fast food at outdoor venues, theme parks, anything made by Nintendo (a worldwide thing), rubbish BBQ food with no dressings or salads and god awful white buns, small businesses that sell pointless tat, e.g. metal animal shapes or ring stands!! What’s that all about?? How many rings can people own?, Pub chains in general and especially ones catering for the family! There are not many truly great British pubs who sell great pub food. Don’t be kidded by the chalk board specials and the country feel; the mashed potatoes are pellet form and the veg is frozen yet you still pay as if it were a Michelin starred restaurant eating the freshest locally sourced food. Don’t spend your money at these places.

Also childrens parks in general in the UK are pretty poor, there are not many parks in local areas where people live (that are not constantly damaged). Tourist areas and special places of interest or where you have to pay have great parks but this is no good for kids on a day to day basis.

Lastly I hate the choice we have here in this small rich country and yet we are still ungrateful in a materialistic sense and want more. What the UK needs is more focus on community based and local events with more resources for local people, i.e parks, local fairs/family events, locally produced and sold food and less emphasis on what is wanted but what we actually need.

Guest LondonGal
The shopping culture bugs me about the UK. I cannot get my head around families who class a walk around a retail park in the middle of some godforsaken wasteland on a Sunday as a form of entertainment!

In equal measures I hate: Supermarkets especially Tesco and except the Cooperative, rubbish fast food at outdoor venues, theme parks, anything made by Nintendo (a worldwide thing), rubbish BBQ food with no dressings or salads and god awful white buns, small businesses that sell pointless tat, e.g. metal animal shapes or ring stands!! What’s that all about?? How many rings can people own?, Pub chains in general and especially ones catering for the family! There are not many truly great British pubs who sell great pub food. Don’t be kidded by the chalk board specials and the country feel; the mashed potatoes are pellet form and the veg is frozen yet you still pay as if it were a Michelin starred restaurant eating the freshest locally sourced food. Don’t spend your money at these places.

Also childrens parks in general in the UK are pretty poor, there are not many parks in local areas where people live (that are not constantly damaged). Tourist areas and special places of interest or where you have to pay have great parks but this is no good for kids on a day to day basis.

Lastly I hate the choice we have here in this small rich country and yet we are still ungrateful in a materialistic sense and want more. What the UK needs is more focus on community based and local events with more resources for local people, i.e parks, local fairs/family events, locally produced and sold food and less emphasis on what is wanted but what we actually need.

Ooooh, with a hate list like that I do hope Australia doesn't disappoint June Pixie. Unfortunately it is not much different here.

Guest LondonGal
sorry sue, deleted it because it sounded a bit harsh...now makes your comment a bit redundant!

You should have left it John, you was only stating the truth.

(waits for 'anything that bugs you about Australia' thread from aldo!!:cute:)

I've put this in the MBTTUK forum because I'm interested in people who are thinking of moving back, or have already moved back or have lived in both countries.

I'm interested about- during your discussions to move back, at some point did you say to yourselves 'Oh, no we'll have to put up with xxxxx', or something similar, that you may have forgotten about, that bugs/bugged you about the UK.

A lot of people mention the weather, seasons, architecture, supermarkets, family etc. as good reasons to move back. But was there anything you weren't/aren't looking forward to?? (maybe the mother-in-law??:twitcy:)

Or is there something you forgot about and now you are back it still bugs you?

Genuinely interested.

Thanks.

Sue x

Too many immigrants

Dodgy politicians

too much traffic

Motorways always being repaired

Chavs

Bad manners from some

OTHER THAN THAT IAM HAPPIER THAN A PIG IN SH.T !!!!!!!

Guest June Pixie

Hey the thread was 'What bugs you about UK?' I wasn't comparing to Australia or what is there - How would I know? Just saying what I dislike about the UK - When I get to Australia I can write with authority what I hate there too! ;o)

the weather!!!

Love the cold and rain makes the grass green etc no flies no mozzies! BUT the other day it was lovely and sunny so i get the kids dressed off we go out to feed the ducks (20 minute car drive) as I'm getting the kids out bang it bucket downs as it was sunny I left the coats at home!!!!! get home out comes the sun!!!!! :arghh:

Guest June Pixie

Tracy, it's been doing that lots recently, sun showers. I don't mind that so much and today is ok, flamin' should be, it's summer! Yesterday was more like winter cycling to work in heavy cold and constant rain - Very cold 11oC! Really poor show!

All the knockers moaners and whingers constantly whinging about the weather.

What really is the problem? It rains in the UK get over it!

boohoo why can't UKTV show Australia doing well at the olymipics? (ok forget that one:laugh:). why can't i drive into a shed and buy a carton of p!ss:cry:.

Guest June Pixie

boohoo why can't UKTV show Australia doing well at the olymipics? (ok forget that one:laugh:). why can't i drive into a shed and buy a carton of p!ss:cry:.

Problem is I hate arriving at work soaking wet for well over half the year - Winter is good coz at least it's just cold and doesn't seem to rain that much. I whinge about the bloody weather coz I enjoy doing things that involve being outdoors and I tell you It's not much fun cycling or running in driving cold rain.

Why do you need to buy it? just piss into a bucket, presto free piss! Or do you like the taste of someone elses your one sick puppy.......

please get help

Why do you need to buy it? just piss into a bucket, presto free piss! Or do you like the taste of someone elses your one sick puppy.......

please get help

Who said aussies a witless Neanderthals?:err:

Problem is I hate arriving at work soaking wet for well over half the year - Winter is good coz at least it's just cold and doesn't seem to rain that much. I whinge about the bloody weather coz I enjoy doing things that involve being outdoors and I tell you It's not much fun cycling or running in driving cold rain.

between me and you; a lot of australia has higher average annual rainfall than the uk and I had more days rained off work in Brisbane than I ever did in sunny London and SE so don't forget your pak-a-mack:biggrin:

Guest June Pixie

between me and you; a lot of australia has higher average annual rainfall than the uk and I had more days rained off work in Brisbane than I ever did in sunny London and SE so don't forget your pak-a-mack:biggrin:
Perhaps not so in South Australia? SE & London are whole different kettle of fish to North East England also.

Perhaps not so in South Australia? SE & London are whole different kettle of fish to North East England also.

according to this map you may be onto a winner if you don't like rain

Archived