Anyone "Bored" With the Aussie lifestyle

possie in brissy

I've never found Central to be seedy. In fact it has been 'done up' fairly recently. I stayed for three nights at the Railway Square YHA and thought the whole area was excellent. There are more loos in the station itself. You could have got a drink/meal under Myer where I've never had any problem getting a seat. 'O' Quay seedy? I thought it looked OK yesterday - toilets were clean, ferry staff were friendly. I guess it's all down to perception. In truth I've heard similar negative things about London but when I stayed at The Strand Palace Hotel had a great time.

Blimey - it was horrible especially around the coach station side and it is a huge station and not very stranger friendly - I could have gone in search of loos and never been seen again:biglaugh:. There were several beggars doing the rounds and a reasonable presence of big burly traffic police who probably stopped them from being more assertive. Maybe things are different at the weekend, I would certainly have been very wary staying in that vicinity, especially in the evenings, as a single woman.

I was down at the beyond King St end of George St and didnt particularly want to go in the opposite direction because it was too bloody hot to be doing anything in the sunshine. It was Saturday afternoon and a lot of places had closed and those that hadnt were doing a roaring trade

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm afraid Aldo is right Susie,you get a better class of beggar outside Victoria Station.:wink:

yawn.jpg

sorry, thought we was discussing Australia....zzzzzzzzzzzz

Guest proud2beaussie

Oh what's the matter Aldo ,is your nappy full.:wink::biggrin:.

Actually it wouldn't be that,cause normally with you it comes out the other end.

Oh what's the matter Aldo ,is your nappy full.:biggrin:.

Actually it wouldn't be that,cause normally with you it comes out the other end.

do you dream about me?:wink:

Guest proud2beaussie
do you dream about me?:wink:

Yeah but each time I get to the part where you are run...........(I'd better not continue,too gruesome):wink:

Yeah but each time I get to the part where you are run...........(I'd better not continue,too gruesome):wink:

with respect Nigel, you are hardly making a good impression to your new boss (Rob) by turning every thread into an Aldo fest :wink:

Its also not realyfair on th OP is it?

Blimey - it was horrible especially around the coach station side and it is a huge station and not very stranger friendly - I could have gone in search of loos and never been seen again:biglaugh:. There were several beggars doing the rounds and a reasonable presence of big burly traffic police who probably stopped them from being more assertive. Maybe things are different at the weekend, I would certainly have been very wary staying in that vicinity, especially in the evenings, as a single woman.

I was down at the beyond King St end of George St and didnt particularly want to go in the opposite direction because it was too bloody hot to be doing anything in the sunshine. It was Saturday afternoon and a lot of places had closed and those that hadnt were doing a roaring trade

I got the bus from Leichhardt to Town Hall this evening and I was studying George Street to try and pick up any imperfections. I saw a couple of beggars and there was a little bit of rubbish around but I really could not see anything that turned me off. The streets were packed with cars and the pavements packed with pedestrians.

Tonight I walked from North Sydney over the Harbour Bridge into the Rocks and then up George St to Town Hall. The view from the bridge was superb - magical - with all the lights flickering around the harbour. Again, I was trying to nitpick but I just could not see anything that annoyed me.

Perhaps all your molehills are mountains!

Archived