Weddings In Perth

Becki

Hi Everyone,

We are hoping to move to Perth by the end of next year and looking to get married in 2011. Just wondered if there's anyone on here who's got married in WA or has any good suggestions for venues?

We would love to get married on the beach and have quite a laid back vibe. It would only be for a small amount of people as think only very close friends and family will make the trip from the UK and we probably won't know that many people over there by then!

Any help would be very much appreciated, so much to plan!

Many Thanks

Becki

Guest paulandtara
Hi Everyone,

We are hoping to move to Perth by the end of next year and looking to get married in 2011. Just wondered if there's anyone on here who's got married in WA or has any good suggestions for venues?

We would love to get married on the beach and have quite a laid back vibe. It would only be for a small amount of people as think only very close friends and family will make the trip from the UK and we probably won't know that many people over there by then!

Many Thanks

Becki

Hi Becki,

Tara and I are planning exactly the same thing in the same sort of timescale, we found the following websites were quite good:-

Garden Wedding Locations - Perth & Western Australia Garden Ceremony

Perth Wedding Planner for Brides in Western Australia - Wedding WA

We also found that a most of the Marinas had venues that host wedding receptions, it could be nice to have the sun setting over the sea as a backdrop to your reception...

Good luck

Paul

Hi

we are getting married ib jan on cottesleo beach at the arch monument and then reception at indaina tea rooms, all planned and sorted over the net and his mum livesin Perth all in all it's gonna be a fab day. I've got everything booked celebrant, venue, flowers, cake, photographer :)

so if you need anything drop me a line and I'll be happy to help ;)

wow, thanks for the the info. It's nice to see that there are other people in the same boat! all very exciting!! Good luck to everyone.

I've had a look at the mindarie marina - that looks lovely but i've always wanted to be right on the beach with the sand between my feet but keeping costs low too. Moving country and planning a wedding is proving very costly!! Least we don't have too many guests to worry about, so hels can you get married on the actual beach there?

Thanks everyone x

Guest greengables

Have you thought about the Dunsborough/Yallingup/Margaret River region? We moved to Australia in June and got married in December that year. We had a small wedding in a beautiful winery in Yallingup. The beaches around there are absolutely stunning and you can have a beautiful beach wedding followed by a delicious dinner and gourmet food in a little winery in the middle of the forest. There are plenty of places to stay in the area for guests and it's really beautiful.

The cost will depend on the venue you choose for the reception but even the less expensive have incredibly high standards, a focus on locally sourced and beuatifully cooked food and spectacular scenery. When you move to Perth you should take a break down there for 3 or 4 days and go and check out some of these places to see what you think. In terms of beaches Meelup and Castle Rock in Yallingup are incredible, white sand, clear turquoise waters and a "where the forest meets the sea" feel. Gorgeous places to get married. There are lots of wineries with restaurants attached in the region who will charge you a fee to book the entire venue (fee varies depending on the winery) and then a cost per head for the meal. Being wineries you have lovely wines right there in house!

Our venue was incredible...everyone commented on the amazing food, beautiful wines and incredible scenery (sunset on the restaurant balcony overlooking beautiful gardens and fields for miles around). In terms of cost, well lets just say that one of my friend's wedding dresses cost more than my entire wedding!! If you want a simple, romantic day in an incredible location it's hard to beat. The only thing is that being around 3 hours drive from Perth your guests would need to book accommodation and transport to get down there. However if they are from overseas and coming out this is a region well worth seeing anyway and most of our guests just stayed on for a few more days for swimming, wineries, long lunches and craft galleries. Everyone loved it. If you want to PM me I'm happy to give you some more details. Good luck.

Guest D4nnyB0y

Firstly welcome to the forums :)

WA has the oportunity for so many different locations to host a wedding, you'll possibly be struggling to chosoe one!

The one thing my wife and I noticed is that although you shouldn't have any trouble finding clothing, Australians don't seem to be big on headwear - tiaras, combs and the like.

My wife used to work in a wedding shop in the UK and makes custome tiaras and jewellery (the sort you'd expect to see in a UK wedding shop), so if you are stuck and want to have a look some ideas are on her website (and please be kind - I put it together and I'm no web developer)

www.toptiara.com

Enjoy your stay :)

greengables,your wedding sounds perfect, I think that is definitely an option will just have to look into the hotels in the area aswel. Danny i've had a look at your site - maybe you should be a web developer! Some of the tiara's are beautiful i'm spoilt for choice. Your wife is very talented I will definitely look into buying from you once i'm moved over there - I 100% want a tiara, want to be a princess for the day lol x

Thanks for everyone's helpful suggestions, really gives me lots to look at

Becki x

Guest BullcreekBob

Becki - Tiara's and the beach don't go together well most of the time.

A beach wedding can sound quite romantic but there are some practical realities, like the afternoon seabreeze which is actually a howling gale and it is very incompatable with hairdoo's, tiaras and posh frocks. If you want a beach wedding, think of shorts or swimming cosumes.

Guest Andy & Rach
Hi Everyone,

Many Thanks

Becki

Hi Becki

We got engaged last July and moved to Perth last November. We are also looking to get married in 2011 but not sure where to do it. We've looked at Perth, Bali and now we are looking at a beach wedding in Hawaii as it's pretty much in between here and the UK but I'm sure our plans will change again when we look at the cost of a wedding in Hawaii...

Our friends are getting married in Kings park next year and then having their reception at the Swan Brewery.

We want to go away with family and friends for a week or so somewhere tropical and have a small relaxed beach wedding but it's a lot harder than it sounds to organise.

Some good suggestions on here for WA so might have to look into some of them.

Will let you know what we decide.

Good luck

Guest greengables
Becki - Tiara's and the beach don't go together well most of the time.

A beach wedding can sound quite romantic but there are some practical realities, like the afternoon seabreeze which is actually a howling gale and it is very incompatable with hairdoo's, tiaras and posh frocks. If you want a beach wedding, think of shorts or swimming cosumes.

I have to admit this is right. The beaches in the South West around Yallingup are stunning and as per my previous post our plan was to get married on this amazing beach and then to have the reception at the winery afterwards.

Anyway the day before the wedding we did a reccie at the beach and decided to move the ceremony to the winery gardens due to the fact that you can't set foot on WA beaches at certain times of the year without being accosted by flies! The dream of the beach wedding had to be put to one side as my OH said he couldn't take the whole thing seriously if I had flies on my face when he was saying his vows to me!:laugh:

It's better at some times of the year but if you are having a beach wedding DEFINITELY go down and check the scene the day before to make sure the location is what you wanted. Thank goodness we chose the winery gardens as they were so romantic and green, not a fly in sight and the pictures looked great. It was also more convenient for the guests having everything in the one place.

Guest D4nnyB0y

Anyway the day before the wedding we did a reccie at the beach and decided to move the ceremony to the winery gardens due to the fact that you can't set foot on WA beaches at certain times of the year without being accosted by flies!

The flies are an annual issue here in Perth and linger until the dung beetles appear. They are going to try and introduce non native species of beetle this year to try and prevent there being so many, but they've tried that before and it doesn't work.

Anyone who doesnt know - Perth has a massive fly population in mid/late spring and they are a pest for 4 or 5 weeks until the beetles start clearing up the farm poop at which point they disappear again.

Not much more than an annoyance once you are used to them, but definitely would ruin a wedding party

Guest 1982blair

Hi Becki

My husband and I got married at Cottesloe a couple of years ago and had the best day ever, unfortunately they won't let you get married on the sand but it's over looking it, we had all our photos taken on the beach and it was just lovely. The only thing was the wind, it was a boiling hot day but the afternoon sea breeze was rather strong and I struggled with keeping my vail and dress is place but to us it kind of just added to the relaxed feel of our small wedding. Would definately recommend it, there is also the civic centre at Cott which has the most beautiful grounds. Our wedding wwas on a budget but it did not feel like it on the day!! I hope everything goes well for you and that you find your perfect location. Enjoy every moment of your special day!!

Blair

Guest Nadjez

hey guys we are getting married in december this year at burns beach wa perth but are gona change the beach, but we are getting married at 10 am so try not to get to much sun ar the heart lol also avoid the afternoon breeze and hopefully the flys hehe. just would like it to be simple but cute people standing around, maybe a swim after and looking at finding a maxi dress who knows still time to put things together hehe, well it woul help if they hurry up and let me have my visa so i can be with him to organise these things more!!!!

Guest wombat

try 'Oceanus' City Beach, Hilarys marina, Mullaloo beach, Trigg Island fantastic for photos, also try searching on city of perths website and city of Joondalup for wedding locations, we were married at Joondalup Resort it was fantastic, worth alook hope this helps.

If you're looking for a hotel for the wedding night I would recommend the Richardson, just spent our 20th Wedding Anniversary there and we were made to feel very special. $580 for dinner, bed and breakfast but worth every penny.

Jules

Hi, i havn't read through all the previous posts yet, so i hope i dont repeat anyone, but i got married in Perth last year. We had a garden wedding at the Wanneroo botanical Gardens, which is beautiful and had photographs taken on Hillarys beach afterwards. Our wedding celebrant Sue Henthorne has lots of ideas for wedding venues, including beaches on her website. Her husband even photographs the wedding and posts pictures onto their website the very same day, to share with family and friends in England. It is really a wonderful way to share the day with those who cant make it to australia for the wedding.

thanks guys of all the suggestions, it's so hard to try planning things when we're not over there yet! I guess I never even considered the flies lol but the last thing i want is sand in my eyes, make up running, losing my vail in the wind and flies hovering around me haha You've given me lots of food for thought!

I will let you know when we finally decide!!

Becki x

Kings park is a wonderful location for a wedding

Ha ha youngun

Mate did just that a few weeks ago , Him their lass and their daughter plus teo mates as witnesses . The following day they had a shindig , gladrags do , everyone had to go fluted and booted , late on inthe nite announced they had got hitched lol. They have gone to the uk for 5 weeks on hols , we met up with them in mexbro, for a coffee. Some of their uk rellies were a bit miffed but bugga em its their day .nobody elses, mite do mrs p second time around on the beach ( aaargh made a pigs ear of that ant I) lol:biglaugh:

Mally

Guest AmandaF

Hello,

there are some great places to get married and have receptions - ocean weddings are very windy here due to the strong south westerly which starts around midday.

The best season to get married in are March - May, late October to December.

Venues with Receptions, which should all be on the web -

Aquaviva (Nedlands, on the River)

Oceanus (City Beach)

King's Park

Best beaches to get married on -

City Beach, Floreat, Trigg or Sorrento

Becki look at Burns Beach Iluka, we are getting married either there or on Burns Beach in Burns Beach (very confusing!)Dec 2010 - Iluka venue is on the beach with wooden steps which you would walk down as your aisle to a wooden progoda which will shelter you and guests from 'the Doctor' (otherwise known as the rather blustery wind that arrives in Perth most days at 12pm!) ;o)

Burns Beach doesnt have protection but you get the wooden walk way as your aisle and can have your ceremony on a wooden platfrom on the shallow cliffs over looking the sea or actually on the beach in a cove.

Lots of luck and happiness xxx

Becki look at Burns Beach Iluka, we are getting married either there or on Burns Beach in Burns Beach (very confusing!)Dec 2010 - Iluka venue is on the beach with wooden steps which you would walk down as your aisle to a wooden progoda which will shelter you and guests from 'the Doctor' (otherwise known as the rather blustery wind that arrives in Perth most days at 12pm!) ;o)

Burns Beach doesnt have protection but you get the wooden walk way as your aisle and can have your ceremony on a wooden platfrom on the shallow cliffs over looking the sea or actually on the beach in a cove.

Lots of luck and happiness xxx

You might if its still there , the storms are playin havc with the beaches , sands are shiftin everyday ,took the dog down the path to the beach , methinks thats new 7 foot drop lol

Archived