Fire works and bangers

Bod

I want to share a story with you all. I hear so much how Pom's come back home and don't get the attention they crave, feel disapointed that the UK did not stop when they left these shores for Australia. That people have got on with thier lives and as much as they want to hear about your Swimming pool , big house the beutiful beaches just down the road, most just don't want ity rammed down their throat.

Hears my happy story:

I suppose I had a diffrent experiance when I went home for the first time.

I loved every thing Australian but needed a UK injection, then toddle back to gods own land happy

From Heathrow the M25 was full of banners and streamers saying:

"Well come home stranger" "

I think your my father"

"G'Day mate"

By the time we got to the M11 we had a convoy, wellwishers lined the M11 on both sides clapping and showering us with confetty from the bridges.

(It was 3am on a cold wet tuesday morning)

We arrived at the Town Hall for breakfast and was greeted by a French man I'd never met before who said "It's been along time"

Bill Ramell our local MP embraced me in a very continental style. By this time I knew things had changed in the year I'd been away.

I never sleeped till the following Monday "the partying was mad"

Friends, family, stranges all wanted a piece of us.

" how big was your house?"

"How deep was the Pool in the back Yard"

" I bet you had BBq's every night.

After all the Partying had finnished. I fancied a pint down the local. Only to find it empty. My Gord I said in a astonished manner, " the pub is empty"

The land lord responded with.

" yes all thanks to you John"

" Why me I asked the land lord"

"Well" said the land lord

"when you left for Australia every one had a wake up call and realised they had to sort their lifes out."

"So were are They I asked"

Well said the land lord Tonight they'll be down the gym, tomorrow they'l be making Love. wednesday they'll be studieing for the Uni. The rest of the week they'll be making Love."

" so basically it's your fault for going to Australia" But we stiil love you.

I could not believe that I had changed so may's out look on life by my desicion to leave these shores

By now I could not wait to get back to Australia the land I love best untill My mum made me a Sausage sandwich for the return journey.

Thats when I realised I could not go back to Aus as the Sausages were Sh!t

I tried to tell my brother in law that the british one are better than the aussie one's but he was having non of it until my wife (an aussie) said that pommy snags are better by far. It might have something to do with the fact my brother in law has never left Australia

Has anyone gone to David Jones Food Hall in Market Street, Sydney - sooo many sausages to choose from - however, last time I tried London Pork variety they were a bit disappoining..there are sausage competions over here so it might be worth doing a bit of research with butchers 'cos I believe sausage competion are also over here.. the normal type sausages and rissoles (spit) BBQ things and why bother doing a nice salad when there's a bring a plate situation at BBQ's - no-one bothers with salad or even decent bread (don't start on bread situation - miss the lovely crusty variety you can get in France!) Aussie's (sorry to generalise must be the area I live in - in fact it is.....)just head to the scrapings of the abboitoir floor burning steadily on barbie and drink as much grog as you can and enjoy the lewd jokes and alll will be well by the way have you tried the seafood....MMMMMm also so much Thai...Yum Yum

Archived