Guest pakistan

all i talked abt was marriage for me nikkah is marriage :)

Same here.. 1 year nikkah next year married so i just wrote married for two years..it doesn't matter all it's gonna cause is confusion so just make it simple.. And you are married in papers so it's proof enough.

i applied for 309 visa before as well , and they ask for all the details , like Valima and Mehndi stuff and videos and pics for that when they interview u ,i didnt done Mehndi and Valima functions and they refused my visa and they give the reason in the refusal letter , ur CO can might be Pakistani but Interview will be taken by some Aussie Guy/Gal so u need to satisfy him /her with ur answers as he/she will be the one who has to make the decision at the end , also they ask u several questions about family about living together and they make decision on behalf of proof u give them so be careful guys :)

i applied for 309 visa before as well , and they ask for all the details , like Valima and Mehndi stuff and videos and pics for that when they interview u ,i didnt done Mehndi and Valima functions and they refused my visa and they give the reason in the refusal letter , ur CO can might be Pakistani but Interview will be taken by some Aussie Guy/Gal so u need to satisfy him /her with ur answers as he/she will be the one who has to make the decision at the end , also they ask u several questions about family about living together and they make decision on behalf of proof u give them so be careful guys :)

Huh seriously when did that happen..did you go through MRT or what... I think for guys as an applicant it's always hard because there are a lot of issues involved like the fact most of them get married just to enter in Australia.. I'm not talking only about Pakistani but its like this almost everywhere.. That why they can reject a visa on a very stupid reason just like yours.. I haven't seen any gal getting visa refused an even if it does which is rare then either it can be some extreme medical conditions or maybe some criminal record..:P

anyways that's why I said that to just make it simple and if you are gonna put in something then you should have enough proof to prove it.

Guys im pretty confused after reading ur posts..Nikkah is marriage by Islamic Law. N these functions like mehandi, barat and valima are self created formalities. I mean this ruksati n functions cannot be called marriage. After Nikkah a man bears full responsibility of his women and it doesnt matter if they live together or not. Firstknight im shocked after reading ur post. I never knew these AHC ppl can be physco too. They need to first understand our religion. I have applied for 309 based on my nikkah. If they are gonna bring this stupid excuse I am going to sue them!!! :@ :x

I think Amz is right when she says its different for Guys n gals.....It very difficult for a guy to come and stay with the wife after Nikkah just to prove they've been living together.He could take the wife to australia bu then AHC has to give visa first :P and the visa time is 12 months :P

Stop Confusing yourself with Married and De-Fecto Relationships. I understand being a guy its really hard to prove a Pakistani guy to show that he is married to some one with Australian PR status or citizenship. From last one year some of the Pakistani female applicants who applied for General Skilled migration had got there Pr approved without Securitty checks so its not difficult for Female applicants to get there SPOUSE VISA with these lengthy evidence things. If applicant is a male then he should make his application as genuine as posible and he has to show marriage plus genuine relationship proofs. Reasons are very simple, they dont want FORCED MARRIAGES so they need pics for those functions from MALE APPLICANTS

As per DIAC http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/309-100/eligibility-married.htm

Marriage legality

Your marriage must be legal under Australian Law. If you were married in a country other than Australia and that marriage is valid in that country, generally it will be recognised as valid under Australian law.

There are some exceptions, such as same-sex, underage or polygamous marriages, which are not accepted in Australia. Same-sex couples are eligible for this visa however they will be recognised as being in a de facto relationship for the purposes of this visa.

See: Partner Visa Options

More information on marriages recognised in Australia can be found on the Attorney-General's Department website on marriage celebrants.

See: Marriage Celebrants

Edited by musmanasghar

Guest Zeeshu

Hi,

The contributing factor to visa refusal is not really being unable to provide the evidence that you both are living together but failing to EXPLAIN the situation as to why you cannot live together. First of all people should stop confusing COs trying to explain that they haven't undertaken Rukhsati yet hence cannot live together though they are legally married. If you have done Nikah, then you are legally married and can live together per se! baat khatam. Explain to them clearly how you got married, in what circumstances, if it was arranged, give them a quick background of arrange marriages, if it was love marrigae, explain how you met each other, where, how long ago, your SMS history, emails, photos anything. Explain how you are maintaining your relationship even though you don't live together, Skype chat/call history, phone call history, SMS, any gifts that you exchanged (Receipts). Don't expect them to know anything about your religion or background, consider them complete ignorants and explain your way out with evidences. I also got nikah-o-fied and next month i was in Australia not even on PR, lived on long distance relationship for more than one year, still wifey got the visa, not to mention that her visa was processed in Bangkok.

Regards

Guest Zeeshu
you may be right but i'm not agree with you . . if i have received a complaint, i will deal with it in a mature and intelligent manner as its my duty to be kind to my customers but if as a customer you're bugging me 10 times a day, i'll blow a fuse, RIGHT? . . . i cant pretend to be nice with people the whole day . . .once i have told you politely that i will call you back if it is needed then why the hell are you calling me everyday and asking me the same question? . . come on man get a life! . . .i have experienced dealing with customers in my job and IT SUCKS! . . .Allah wastay kaam nahi karahay hotay but 10 cheezein aur hoti hain office mein dekhnay k liye . . .you may or may not agree with me but IT'S OUR BAD! . . .we shouldnt be impatient . . .

there lies the problem right there! you see not attending the calls or hanging up or kahani karana which they usually do is one thing but treating your customers like piece of garbage is totally another. That's not customer service as far as i'm concerned. Why in Australia i never came across such kind of behaviour whenever i called for instance my mobile operator even though their job is to listen to the customers complaints, whinings and stuff 24/7 no matter how many times customer gives them a call. I understand that in this case ppl need to be patient but that doesn't give them the excuse to ridicule or pass sarcastic remarks to the customer. Guess you'll understand once you arrive here and see for yourself!

Regards

Edited by Zeeshu

Anybody with any good news or update?

I know people here, they recognise marriage as proper marriage, they also aware of bollywood like reception which can go for 8 days, large gathering, so they know everything abt our culture and traditions, as far as i know.

Stop Confusing yourself with Married and De-Fecto Relationships. I understand being a guy its really hard to prove a Pakistani guy to show that he is married to some one with Australian PR status or citizenship. From last one year some of the Pakistani female applicants who applied for General Skilled migration had got there Pr approved without Securitty checks so its not difficult for Female applicants to get there SPOUSE VISA with these lengthy evidence things. If applicant is a male then he should make his application as genuine as posible and he has to show marriage plus genuine relationship proofs. Reasons are very simple, they dont want FORCED MARRIAGES so they need pics for those functions from MALE APPLICANTS

As per DIAC http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/309-100/eligibility-married.htm

Marriage legality

Your marriage must be legal under Australian Law. If you were married in a country other than Australia and that marriage is valid in that country, generally it will be recognised as valid under Australian law.

There are some exceptions, such as same-sex, underage or polygamous marriages, which are not accepted in Australia. Same-sex couples are eligible for this visa however they will be recognised as being in a de facto relationship for the purposes of this visa.

See: Partner Visa Options

More information on marriages recognised in Australia can be found on the Attorney-General's Department website on marriage celebrants.

See: Marriage Celebrants

Female getting PR without security check? means they didnt asked for pcc or form80 or they grant visa within week or two after receiving pcc?

Anybody with any good news or update?

I know people here, they recognise marriage as proper marriage, they also aware of bollywood like reception which can go for 8 days, large gathering, so they know everything abt our culture and traditions, as far as i know.

Nope.. None so far.. I think we'll just have to wait and see lahorite timeline.. She'll be the first one to get visa and she just got medical request after 5 months..

Female getting PR without security check? means they didnt asked for pcc or form80 or they grant visa within week or two after receiving pcc?

PCC is mendatory for all applicants so CO always ask for PCC. On the other hand hand FORM80 is also basic requirement. its not necessary that CO can send your case for Security checks after receiving FORM80.

Huh seriously when did that happen..did you go through MRT or what... I think for guys as an applicant it's always hard because there are a lot of issues involved like the fact most of them get married just to enter in Australia.. I'm not talking only about Pakistani but its like this almost everywhere.. That why they can reject a visa on a very stupid reason just like yours.. I haven't seen any gal getting visa refused an even if it does which is rare then either it can be some extreme medical conditions or maybe some criminal record..:P

anyways that's why I said that to just make it simple and if you are gonna put in something then you should have enough proof to prove it.

Yup we go to MRT After that and after 6 months due to some issue we canceled our case , now we have applied again so lets see what happen now . and yes for Guys its always hard and they always ask u stupid questions which has nothing to do with the case which is ridiculous and they go very personal as well which is not good

and it all depend on the interview and evidence u give them so try to explain them as much as u can that this relationship is Genuine and ongoing ,this time i provided them all the emails we do , all the texts we do everyday , all the chats we do , pics ,videos of Nikah , Mehndi and Valima everything even the receipts of bills where we did dinner together and pics of my wife with each and every individual of my family JUST TO PROVE THAT WE ARE GENUINE :D , and also guys dont forget the aussie person who is interviewing u has different mentality but still they ask u questions according to Pakistani culture becoz they know that we do Mehndi , valima kind of stuff on our marriages but yes even u did only Nikah then u can give explanation to them why Rukhsati is not happen yet explain them briefly and for Females i dont think they are gonna make this thing an issue , its only for guys

Does travelling abroad in the last 5 year have any impact on security checks being done ? I travelled to a couple of places outside f pakistan .......

They might check it out if you have mention the details..It might not be that extensive as GSM visa who knows..

@firstknight.. Tough luck..but then again it happen to those who can endure it.. Best of luck.

:( oh no i went to different places different year......and i read boat ppl have increased our timeline :( i hope thts not true

No i don't think that has anything to do with our timeline.. As those cases are handled in Australia not in Pakistan.

Edited by Amz