Guest pakistan

1 hour ago, Mateen said:

Hi,

I lodge on 15 july 2020 for my wife 309 from pakistan but so far no news.

We have provided all the docs including police checks,medicals and biometrics.

People applied in jan 2020 are getting visas from islamabad.

Hello brother I applied in February 2020 nothing heard from them 

Hi Mitho.

What RFI did they require? - I thought all applications are online, why do they require post? 

I have not received any communications. No RFI or anything like that.  

The waiting game is hard, especially during the pandemic where we can’t visit each other! 

31 minutes ago, Ssmiiles said:

Hi Mitho.

What RFI did they require? - I thought all applications are online, why do they require post? 

I have not received any communications. No RFI or anything like that.  

The waiting game is hard, especially during the pandemic where we can’t visit each other! 

We don’t know why they send us rfi through post. My passport detail and some personal details that’s all

19 hours ago, Saj12 said:

I had also applied on June 2020,and they asked for police clearance , biometric and medical on December so I submitted all documents on December 20 . But still there is no any news 😞. Sick of waiting 😞 I can't stay any longer from my husband 😐

I applied Feb 2020 Iv been married 13 months heard nothing however I'm having covid jab on Thursday so will be be able to update my details maybe this may help ? 

On 11/01/2021 at 21:05, Mitho said:

But still there is no confirmation for this law 

Yes still no confirmation about this, it’s on government home affairs site so there is a hope. I’m waiting for this, coz I applied 309 and currently I’m in Australia, I can’t fly back to my country.

23 hours ago, Saj12 said:

I had also applied on June 2020,and they asked for police clearance , biometric and medical on December so I submitted all documents on December 20 . But still there is no any news 😞. Sick of waiting 😞 I can't stay any longer from my husband 😐

So u can apply for visitor visa, coz proceesing time up to 21 months

8 hours ago, Satti Cairns said:

Hello everyone 

My wife visa has been granted 

Timeline below:

DOL 14.06.2019

RFI : 24.11.2020

Submit RFI: 21.12.2020

Visa grant directly: subclsaa 100 12.01.2021

Thank everyone for sharing timeline 

I hope you will get soon who are waiting 

Congratulations and what was your rfi 

• Congratulations 1

On 11/01/2021 at 13:35, Ssmiiles said:

Hi guys! 

Been a silent reader here, any grants from the Islamabad Office lately? How are the timelines so far? 

DOL: 6th April 2020
Been updating every three months, completed biometrics and medicals in December 2020

What are your time frames and locations 

We are married since Feb 2020, applied 309 on 27th May, 2020 for my wife from Pakistan. Biometrics and medicals submitted on 4th Nov, 2020. Never heard anything from homeaffairs

19 January 2021 update 

Concession for certain family visa applicants affected by COVID-19 travel restrictions

Some categories of visas require applicants to be outside of Australia at the time the visa is granted. The Department is aware that COVID-19 travel restrictions are affecting visa applicants, particularly applicants for family visas who have come to Australia. 

The Department is taking disruptions arising from the pandemic into account when considering visa applications. Visa applicants are being given additional time to complete the necessary requirements, including any current requirement to be offshore at time of visa grant. A visa application will not be refused because an applicant does not meet the requirement to be outside Australia at the time of visa grant.

Changes will be implemented in early 2021 to allow some family visas, which have been applied for outside Australia, to be granted while the visa applicant is in Australia.  This temporary concession will be for certain applicants who are in Australia and are not able to travel offshore to be granted the visa because of COVID-19 travel restrictions.

The concession will apply to certain applicants for the following Family visa subclasses:

• Child (subclass 101) visa
  • Adoption (subclass 102) visa
  • Dependent Child (subclass 445) visa
  • Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa
  • Partner (subclass 309) visa.

The Government is continually reviewing arrangements for visas during the pandemic.

If your visa has ceased, or is about to cease, refer to Staying in Australia or our Visa finder for options to remain in Australia lawfully.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sau Sam said:

19 January 2021 update 

Concession for certain family visa applicants affected by COVID-19 travel restrictions

Some categories of visas require applicants to be outside of Australia at the time the visa is granted. The Department is aware that COVID-19 travel restrictions are affecting visa applicants, particularly applicants for family visas who have come to Australia. 

The Department is taking disruptions arising from the pandemic into account when considering visa applications. Visa applicants are being given additional time to complete the necessary requirements, including any current requirement to be offshore at time of visa grant. A visa application will not be refused because an applicant does not meet the requirement to be outside Australia at the time of visa grant.

Changes will be implemented in early 2021 to allow some family visas, which have been applied for outside Australia, to be granted while the visa applicant is in Australia.  This temporary concession will be for certain applicants who are in Australia and are not able to travel offshore to be granted the visa because of COVID-19 travel restrictions.

The concession will apply to certain applicants for the following Family visa subclasses:

• Child (subclass 101) visa
  • Adoption (subclass 102) visa
  • Dependent Child (subclass 445) visa
  • Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa
  • Partner (subclass 309) visa.

The Government is continually reviewing arrangements for visas during the pandemic.

If your visa has ceased, or is about to cease, refer to Staying in Australia or our Visa finder for options to remain in Australia lawfully.

But they have not declared the date yet