Guest pakistan

Hi Guys,

I have recently joined this page.

I'm in Sydney but my partner is in Afghanistan. I lodged his visa on 16 March 2020 and I still have not been assigned a CO. Processing time has decreased based on Home of Affairs page. Does it really mean our visas are getting processed faster than 2019?

Thanks to let me know if someone has lodged the same day and if they've heard anything yet

On 22/06/2020 at 11:36, Mike G said:

Visas processing is start my two friends got their visa woh told you visas processing center closed?

When did they receive their visas and what was their date of lodgement?

On 23/06/2020 at 04:36, Mike G said:

Visas processing is start my two friends got their visa woh told you visas processing center 

One of my friend told me.

Ohh great is it Onshore or off shore ?? Which country? 

On 17/06/2020 at 08:41, Kamila said:

Hi Guys,

I'm in Sydney but my partner is in Afghanistan. I lodged his visa on 16 March 2020 and I still have not been assigned a CO. Processing time has decreased based on Home of Affairs page. Does it really mean our visas are getting processed faster than 2019?

Thanks to let me know if someone has lodged the same day and if they've heard anything yet

Hey, my partner is also from afghanistan. We lodged our partner visa in April 2019. I have not yet been contacted by the department of immigration, even though we front loaded our application with police check, biometric and medical check. All Afghan applicants are processed at the Australian embassy dubai, from what i have read on their website is that they are not currently processing any application and only processing emergency cases only.  

Hi, I am also from Afghanistan. We lodged our application june 5th 2018 and have a kid she was born in australia, she is 7 months now. Unfortunately nothing yet only few times they asked some documents but still in processing.

Hey, my partner is also from afghanistan. We lodged our partner visa in April 2019. I have not yet been contacted by the department of immigration, even though we front loaded our application with police check, biometric and medical check. All Afghan applicants are processed at the Australian embassy dubai, from what i have read on their website is that they are not currently processing any application and only processing emergency cases only.  

Hi, maybe they'll contact you March 2021. It's very long process for afghans, my advice is have passion and be ready for 3 years processing. I hope and pray you get your visa ASAP, but u should be ready if it take long time to process. It is 2 and half years I and my wife counting each and every days, my daughter was born 7 months ago in australia but unfortunately still I couldn't see her and have her in my arms.

Hi Guys,

4 minutes ago, Ahmad256 said:

Hi, I am also from Afghanistan. We lodged our application june 5th 2018 and have a kid she was born in australia, she is 7 months now. Unfortunately nothing yet only few times they asked some documents but still in processing.

My application is also straight forward as well. But i have heard nothing. Dubai office is very slow in processing application and know with covid19 dubai office is only processing emergency cases. Where is your visa getting processed at? Which office did you receive an email from?

Mine is kuala lumpur office, yes I had 5 emails from them, first email was auto generated got it on 5th june 2019 exactly a year after lodgement. Second email was 14 june 2019 they asked for more details, pictures, WhatsApp chats, Facebook amd Instagram together pics, my university certificate from kuala lumpur University. Third email was 3rd October they asked for new police clearance from kuala lumpur and again whatsapp chats. 4th email was 26th February 2020 asked for new medical check up and our daughter australian birth certificate, and I submitted 28 February 2020. Fifth email was auto generated first june and said your application is in progress.

My application is also straight forward as well. But i have heard nothing. Dubai office is very slow in processing application and know with covid19 dubai office is only processing emergency cases. Where is your visa getting processed at? Which office did you receive an email from?

14 hours ago, Ahmad256 said:

Hi, maybe they'll contact you March 2021. It's very long process for afghans, my advice is have passion and be ready for 3 years processing. I hope and pray you get your visa ASAP, but u should be ready if it take long time to process. It is 2 and half years I and my wife counting each and every days, my daughter was born 7 months ago in australia but unfortunately still I couldn't see her and have her in my arms.

Hi,

3 years is wayyy too long honestly. It only says 12-18months processing time. Yeah I have heard the process is longer for afghans but it is honestly based on the luck and how well organised your documents and application is. Friend of mine got in less than 6months but she applied 2018 and got her partner in Australia in 6months, while I know someone from Pakistan who applied in 2017 and still waiting.

I have applied through an agent and she has told me I will get it in less than 12months that's why she asked me to get my AFP which is only valid for 12months

14 hours ago, Alina11 said:

Hi Alina,

What would be an emergency partner case and how do they assess if it is an emergency or not?

I applied through migration agent as well and my documents been well organised. Immigration didn't asked me much because my case wasn't complicated but until now it took 25 months and still not approved. I hope you get it in 5 months or at least ASAP. The only thing I wanted to tell you is not get packed for flight and don't give urself stress. Just have passion and be relax and wait for it. My lawyer said it might take 6 to 12 months and when last year my wife came here I didn't renew my apartment contract and unfortunately I became homeless for a month until I founded new place for living. So be ready for it ecen if it goes 3 years.

Hi,
3 years is wayyy too long honestly. It only says 12-18months processing time. Yeah I have heard the process is longer for afghans but it is honestly based on the luck and how well organised your documents and application is. Friend of mine got in less than 6months but she applied 2018 and got her partner in Australia in 6months, while I know someone from Pakistan who applied in 2017 and still waiting.
I have applied through an agent and she has told me I will get it in less than 12months that's why she asked me to get my AFP which is only valid for 12months

3 minutes ago, Ahmad256 said:

I applied through migration agent as well and my documents been well organised. Immigration didn't asked me much because my case wasn't complicated but until now it took 25 months and still not approved. I hope you get it in 5 months or at least ASAP. The only thing I wanted to tell you is not get packed for flight and don't give urself stress. Just have passion and be relax and wait for it. My lawyer said it might take 6 to 12 months and when last year my wife came here I didn't renew my apartment contract and unfortunately I became homeless for a month until I founded new place for living. So be ready for it ecen if it goes 3 years.

That's really sad and stressing! Waiting kills honestly specially now that we cant even travel to see our partners

Yeah thanks for letting me know. It has only been 3 months and I'm already stressing and panicking, I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you specially that you got a little angel waiting for you. Yeah reading everyone's comments I come to realise that it really takes way longer than the actual processing time. I was told that it takes 3 months on average to be assigned a CO but I still have not been assigned yet

I pray we all hear good news soon and get our visas ASAP. Cheers

Yes it is really difficult, may God hewr ur duas ameen

That's really sad and stressing! Waiting kills honestly specially now that we cant even travel to see our partners
Yeah thanks for letting me know. It has only been 3 months and I'm already stressing and panicking, I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you specially that you got a little angel waiting for you. Yeah reading everyone's comments I come to realise that it really takes way longer than the actual processing time. I was told that it takes 3 months on average to be assigned a CO but I still have not been assigned yet
I pray we all hear good news soon and get our visas ASAP. Cheers

Hi everyone, my husband’s application is under process since July 2017 and ive travelled in Nov 2019 from Australia to be here in Pakistan with him. Now we are expecting a baby and i’ve emailed department on June 1st about it and told them that I will go back soon and can’t travel alone now and be quarantined alone in hotel so if they can process my husband’s application but i’ve got no reply. 
From what I read here everyone is saying they only are working on emergency cases so I just don’t know how to let them know now that this is also emergency case. If anyone could suggest me something im really stressed and don’t know what to do. 

Are they not replying because the immigration centre in Pakistan is closed? I don’t think they will take my enquiry if i call, maybe I should try and call?