Guest pakistan

hi folks! I was just wondering if you guys can also share your Case Officers name here please, it would be easy for some people to track them I guess.

Many Thanks,

Sidd

Please avoid sharing this info on the forum as it may result in attracting forum moderators and posts may get deleted.

Regards,

newone

And when did you submit the PCC ??.. mine is gonna expire, so I am thinking to get another one in hand before my CO asks for it.

As PCC last for 6 months Mine expired on 9 March 2012 :D . when i send it almost one month was left .I was thinking to get one , are they going to ask for new one??? its a headache to get one .

As PCC last for 6 months Mine expired on 9 March 2012 :D . when i send it almost one month was left .I was thinking to get one , are they going to ask for new one??? its a headache to get one .

u better get one coz mine was expired on oct 2012 and she asked me again which is in process...

yes, its valid for 12 months...i guess medical is valid for 6 months..

'Most health examination reports are valid for 12 months; however some are valid for only six months. Your visa processing officer will be able to provide you with further advice regarding the validity of your health examination reports.'

Check this link: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/assessment-health-exam-results.htm

Best,

Aussie Girl Bay

does anyone of you have any info regarding the travel time after visa grant??? ho wmuch time is usually given for that? and if you want to get the date extended then do they extend it or you have to do only what the label says without any option of any change in condtions nomatter what the consequences are,,???????? i have just received a letter from immigration tht my visa has been granted but they have written that my initial date of entry must be made by 28th of feb 2013.....its so early..its like i have only been given 20 days excluding tomorrow's holiday which is somewhat impossible for me if i send my passport now for visa endorsement then its gonna take around 3 weeks for passport to come back...how will i manage to go then? according to visa conditions, i shd be there by 28th of feb 2013 wch means i must leave by 26th...i am not given any time at alll.....its frustrating..my husband booked tickets to come in march so tht we both can travel back to sydney together by the end of march.....its all messed up now...i have never heard anyone has ever got this less time for initial entry...please help me out...does anyone have any experience of getting the dates changed???

does anyone of you have any info regarding the travel time after visa grant??? ho wmuch time is usually given for that? and if you want to get the date extended then do they extend it or you have to do only what the label says without any option of any change in condtions nomatter what the consequences are,,???????? i have just received a letter from immigration tht my visa has been granted but they have written that my initial date of entry must be made by 28th of feb 2013.....its so early..its like i have only been given 20 days excluding tomorrow's holiday which is somewhat impossible for me if i send my passport now for visa endorsement then its gonna take around 3 weeks for passport to come back...how will i manage to go then? according to visa conditions, i shd be there by 28th of feb 2013 wch means i must leave by 26th...i am not given any time at alll.....its frustrating..my husband booked tickets to come in march so tht we both can travel back to sydney together by the end of march.....its all messed up now...i have never heard anyone has ever got this less time for initial entry...please help me out...does anyone have any experience of getting the dates changed???

No need for Visa label, just book your flight and go. I will not advise you to ask for extension and it wont be granted and in the u will need to travel in a hurry.

Hiiii sis first of all congratulation that your visa has been granted :) second u do not need to send them passport for label , u can travel without it , and sis initial entry time depend on ur PCC expiry or Medicals expiry so they might have used the expiration of it for your initial entry , i dont know if u can get it extended but there is might be some way ,u can simply call the AHC tomorrow and they can give u better advice about it

U should leave for AUS before 28th of FEB and don't call immi for any extensions it will be time wasting and if you got in this stuff u will lose time and your VISA, Most probably they wont give you any extension.. Becoz its a kind of condition on your Visa.. And Conditions does not change.. Thats what i think so far.. I know its hard to Reschedule your plan and flights.. Seriously AHC is so unpredictable.. But in the end sis you got your visa.. And Congrats..!! U had a very tough time and i saw your posts just waiting waiting and waiting.. No need to get the label on your passport..Keep your grant letter handy.. U can do it in AUSTRALIA later on.. So best of luck for the future.. GOD BLESS YOU..!! TA

Congratulations, although you announced the 'great visa grant' news in a bit weird manner.

On the basis of my research & discussion I learnt that one cannot change the visa grant date

'When a visa is granted the holder is required to first enter Australia by a particular date in the future. This is called the initial entry date and is linked to the expiry date of the health and character checks completed in the visa application process.

It is very important that the new visa holder enter Australia by the initial entry date, as this is a condition attached to the grant of the visa. It is not legally permissible for a DIAC case officer to alter this date following visa grant. If the person does not enter Australia by their initial entry date, the visa that has just been granted to them is liable for cancellation'

I don't understand when you say 'it's too early' I mean you knew that already about 'getting good news soon' as you were waiting for the visa for past couple of months!!!!

As far as visa endorsement is concerned, why do you need that anyway? Australian Government has already made it clear so no point wasting money & time. If you still want some kind of prove simply keep the grant letter print out with your passport. This is MORE THAN ENOUGH. Read below, this is for your info:

'Effective 24 November 2012, Australian Government does not require a holder of a valid visa to have a visa label in their passport.You can travel to Australia without a visa label in your passport. All Australia bound international commercial airlines can verify with Australian authorities that you have an Australian visa before you travel to Australia'

Your husband has booked his tickets for March so he still has enough time to cancel & get refunds, this shouldn't be an issue.

Get your ticket & be there with your husband by or before Valentine's... enjoy the lovely moments rather than crying over things which are beyond your control.

Best,

Aussie Girl Bay

Edited by aussiegirlbay

Congratulations sister :)...I think I don't need to give you info regarding your visa initial entry date..."Aussie girlbay" just given you a perfect explanation follow her and quickly book ur tickets...May Allah help u and enjoy your time with your hubby :)

Edited by faisi10

Thx everyone for all ur wishes and advices....yeah aussiegirl i knw i announced it in a weird way probably because I was more confused n frustrated than happy on getting the visa...by early i meant I didnt know my initial entry would be just 20days after the visa grant....Me n my hubby had made plans for march to enjoy family time here and then leave with each other together...this way we woukd hv full time with each other together with family and i wont hv to travel alone either...also my husband wanted to visit his family n if i cm back now then he wont be able to meet his family any sooner as we cant come back right after i am back to australia..so thts y its all complicated for us now...i hv been dying to get the visa n enjoy all my stay here but didnt think it would end up in all these complications...seems i will have to travel before the 28th...just today i boooked the tickets for the 30th of march thinking i will be getting visa in a month....well, lets see..i will keep u guys posted of all the latest developments on my case....atlast i finally GOT THE VISA after 6.5 months...YAY!!!!!

Edited by ruqayya

Thx everyone for all ur wishes and advices....yrah aussiegirl i knw i snnounced it in a weird way probably because I was more confused n frustrated than happy on getting the visa...by early i meant I didnt know my initial entry would be just 20days after the visa grant....Me n my hubby had made plans for march to enjoy family time here and then leave with each other together...this way we woukd hv full time with each other together with family and i wont hv to travel alone either...also my husband wanted to visit his family n if i cm back now then he wont be able to meet his family any sooner as we cant come back right after i am back to australia..so thts y its all complicated for us now...i hv been dying to get the visa n enjoy all my stay here but didnt think it would end up in all these complications...seems i will have to travel before the 28th...just today i boooked the tickets for the 39th of march thinking i will be getting visa in a month....well, lets see..i will keep u guys posted of all the latest developments on my case....atlast i finally GOT THE VISA after 6.5 months...YAY!!!!!

Hiii

I am glad you took my post positively, well I do understand your situation and there are times in life when one has to set the 'Priority', spending time with family is fun but hey you can't take risk once your visa is granted, can you?? You & your partner will get enough opportunity to spend time with family... Its your time so you both enjoy together & have fun :P

Don't worry about today's booking, if you got it through some travel agent then change it to some earlier dates, there may be some cost.

Wishing you all the best!!!

Aussie Girl Bay

Hey congrats Ruqqya on your visa :D u must be really happy :biggrin:

Its been 12 months since my hubby applied for his visa. medicals are done also and i think all the other docs too. YEsterday he rang they told that case is still under security checks. i mean its already by 7.5 months since we sent in form 80. How do you know if the medical is cleared? they send u an email?

Also Arshad, i saw you on the time line spreadsheet. ur acknoweldgement date is very close to ours. how come they told you that it takes 12-18 months?

WHyyyyyy does male applicant take sooooooooo long. crazy AHC :arghh: