176 ACT Update Case Officer

Guest wossall

Guest wossall

Hi everyone

Just a quick note to let you all know we lodged our visa 3 weeks ago and have been allocated a case officer today. Thet have requested our medicals and police checks within 28 days, so I need to get onto it.

Will let you all know how we get on.

Thanks

Lynne

Guest Samfire

That's brilliant news! Excellent, well done. 28days is pretty quick! We were asked for ours to be submitted within 70days and as we had frontloaded our meds and Pcc's, we had just about sent them off 1 week after the request came in, so we had a decision in 62days (this was because last year's quota had run out and we had to wait until 1st July 2009 had passed so they could start issuing visas again - we may have had them sooner otherwise, but it makes no difference either way now, as we are jet-setting for Oz on 27th September 2009. Sooooo exciting! Can't wait.

Best of luck with your meds and police checks and visa process! Let us know when you have news!

Guest wossall

Hi Samfire

Thanks for the info I am panicking a little bit as my OH is away on business at the moment but is due back at the end of the week. So will have to wait till he gets back to sort out.

Will let you know how we get on.

Thanks

Lynne

Hi there, just wondering - how did you know you had been allocated a case officer? Email/phonecall or was it just by checking on the DIAC?

We dont know if ACT have notified the DIAC weve gone onto a 176 yet, so a bit in limbo again at the mo ....whats new? Meds booked for next week, and police checks in post though

Catherine x

Guest wossall

Hi

They email us with a CO name and an attachment of info required which was Meds and Police Checks.

I had to chase ACT up as they had not sent it, I would chase up by email and ask have they sent it.

Thanks

Lynne

Guest Samfire
Very cool! I am super impressed. I am wondering if I should arrange our PCC's soon as I need one from the US as well and apparently they take quite a bit of time.

The main thing to be aware about when front-loading police checks and medicals, is your intended arrival date in Oz. You will be given one year to validate your visa from the date on your medicals/police checks (whichever is the earliest), so if you get a police check from America, dated 28th August 2009, then you will have 1 year from that date to validate your visa, regardless of how many more weeks/months pass until your visa is granted. We were ok because we planned to emmigrate as soon as possible after our visa grant, so just bear this in mind prior to front-loading!. It's a time-management thing really - you'll have to request them at some stage, so whether sooner or later - it's up to each person's individual deadlines for emigrating.

Best of luck

Guest Samfire
Hi there, just wondering - how did you know you had been allocated a case officer? Email/phonecall or was it just by checking on the DIAC?

We dont know if ACT have notified the DIAC weve gone onto a 176 yet, so a bit in limbo again at the mo ....whats new? Meds booked for next week, and police checks in post though

Catherine x

You need to advise the Business Migration centre ACT, that deals with State Sponsorship applications, of your Transaction Reference Number (TRN) of your main application with DIAC. Once you provide them with this, they will email a letter to the Adelaide Skills Processing Centre, informing them that you have been State Sponsored. Assuming you/your agent has notified ACT of your TRN, then you can rest-assured that the girls in the ACT will have notified your case officer of your state sponsorship - they are brilliant and very on-the-ball in the ACT.

Make sure you send on this number to them if you haven't already done so!!!!:yes:

Guest Samfire
Hi Samfire

Thanks for the info I am panicking a little bit as my OH is away on business at the moment but is due back at the end of the week. So will have to wait till he gets back to sort out.

Will let you know how we get on.

Thanks

Lynne

Hi Lynne - you'll be fine! Just make sure when you're booking your medicals that you make them aware of the deadline you have - it does take a good week if not longer to send on the medical reports, so I would be ringing around and booking your appointments, so you have them arranged for when your husband arrives home. It's just an idea to get ahead of the game! If this isn't an option, you'll still have plenty time to arrange them next week. Our police checks were very straight-forward. We just provided our local police station with all our previous addresses - the superintendant's office had them ready to be collected/posted within a few days! Just a one sheet certificate, stamped and signed in our case. Mind you, we had never lived abroad, so that helped to make it more straight-forward I suppose.

Nothing to the medicals, but it's best if you can get the x-rays and GP visit over with in 1 day - less messing around. If this isn't possible, just make sure that you don't leave it too long in between coz the medical reports can't be sent without the x-rays! Good luck.:wink:

I forwarded the TRN number to ACT immediately ten days ago and have chased them twice about whether they have done the 1100, but no response, dont want to keep pestering, but cant rest until I know its done!!! Always something to be worried about.....if its not this it'l be something else!!!

Catherine x

Guest Samfire
I forwarded the TRN number to ACT immediately ten days ago and have chased them twice about whether they have done the 1100, but no response, dont want to keep pestering, but cant rest until I know its done!!! Always something to be worried about.....if its not this it'l be something else!!!

Catherine x

I've found them great to reply - it's not like them to be honest. I'm sure if you sent the TRN to them, then they should definitely have sent on the ACT Sponsorship acknowledgement letter. As far as I know, it's a standard document - they only have to add your name and personal details and pop it off on email. Try emailing Jennifer Edmistone at [Jennifer.Edmistone@act.gov.au] and explain that you are desperately trying to get clarification as to whether or not your SS letter was sent to DIAC. She should be able to follow up with whoever was dealing with your application. It will help too if you quote your ACT application Reference number.

Guest stelgray

Hi Wossall,

We has our ACT SS granted on the same day as you 18/6/09 and lodged our visa on the same day as we are using an agent. We were told by our agent to frontload our medicals and police checks, probably because i am epileptic. I have been checking our visa progress and my husband has had his medicals "finalised" but mine are still "ongoing" so does that mean we have a case officer as i have not had an email???? I am confused, plus does anyone know how long the average waiting time is for the doctors to look at my medicals?

Guest Samfire
Hi Wossall,

We has our ACT SS granted on the same day as you 18/6/09 and lodged our visa on the same day as we are using an agent. We were told by our agent to frontload our medicals and police checks, probably because i am epileptic. I have been checking our visa progress and my husband has had his medicals "finalised" but mine are still "ongoing" so does that mean we have a case officer as i have not had an email???? I am confused, plus does anyone know how long the average waiting time is for the doctors to look at my medicals?

Not sure about the CO - we had our status updated to "application being processed further" - I think this meant that we were put in a queue for the next available CO. It was at this time that we went ahead and booked our meds and pcc's. We had our meds and x-rays done on the same day - it took 3-4 working days for our x-rays to be returned to the GP, and they were attached to the medical reports and sent off together. I think it was a week or 8 days in total, but they had told us 10 days. Then our med reports appeared as finalised on the system and we were advised that we had a CO who made the official request for this information, just around the time that the meds were being sent off by post - we scanned the Police certs and submitted them online as a .pdf document through the "online application" document attachment process. We were given 70 days to have our info submitted, but because of the quota of visas having run out, we had to wait for the July 1st deadline at the earliest, before we would receive news of our visa grant - ended up being 62 days in total - would probably have been sooner if not for the 2009 quota having run out. Our validation date was listed as being the date of our Police Certificate.

The DIAC medical panel are probably taking extra time to look at your medicals because of your particular condition - they may be awaiting the view of an expert. Be prepared for them to request more information - not saying they will, but it's possible.

Best of luck

Guest Samfire
Just to let you know had email from ACT to say they have submitted the 1100, two weeks after SS. Done now, Meds booked for Wednesday. Hopefully things may start moving now.

Catherine

+VE AIM March 09 (HR Mgr)

ACT SS 17.7.09

That's a relief! Can't believe it took them 2 weeks to send on the acknowledgement - I'm really surprised!! They must be crazy busy at the moment - it's the only thing that makes any sense, as they are usually so good to get things done quickly. Anyway, you can focus all your attention to the upcoming meds now! It's a walk in the park, honestly!!! Just make sure that all your paperwork is in order and that you bring everything that they ask you to. Once that's behind you, it's just a matter of waiting - ye're end of the hard work will be over (hopefully) until visa grant - then the real fun begins :laugh:

Good luck on Wednesday and let us know how you get on!

Archived