ANMC requirea more detailed statement

mr luvpants

Hi all

We have just received this e mail from ANMC:

Dear Lisa,

Your ANMC skills assessment is almost complete. The professional reference that you included does not meet ANMC standards. The reference should include detailed statements and examples of your professional competence as a registered nurse.

Once you have submitted a professional reference that meets ANMC requirements I can complete your assessment.

To be honest we dont know exactly what they are asking for. Does anyone care to share what their reference said so that Lisa's boss has a idea of what is required? :biggrin:

Hope to hear from one of you lovely people soon.

JOHN

Mine was like a reference for a job. It included how long they'd known me and been my manager. It highlighted my grade, the skills and competencies, areas and experience worked in, communication skills with patients and colleagues and that I worked well within the MDT, etc.,.

Hope this helps

Exactly. Just ask your boss to really "big you up" in every aspect and make you sound like a brilliant employee (which I'm sure is absolutely true that you are Lisa!).

The bigger, longer, more detailed and better all-round reference you can get the better.

Good luck to you!

:hug:

Get them to break the job down for comments e.g. Communication - her verbal handovers and written reports. Skills: Injections, IV's etc., Does she take blood> that can go in. Is there any skill on the ward she's working on that's special to that area. if she works un supervised or supervises other staff needs a mention. Education: that she takes part in formal and informal education sessions and keeps regularly updated with mandatory training (fire/CPR etc.) that she works within a best practice framework and is mindful of local policy and procedures. Lisa in general: what type of person she is, reliable, hardworking, gets on with the team, valued member of staff etc., etc.,

Hi

Mine included employment history, job summary, key responsibilities - which I took from job description including clinical tasks, management responsibilities and responsibilites to keep up to date with policies, clincal governance etc. Then my manager did a paragraph on professional attributes - include the word competent. I and a number of colleagues used this format with no problem

Lisa

Hi again ! I have just been on the ANMC website to check and for the professional references it states as below, hope it helps and im just not teaching u to suck eggs !!!!!

Dates of employment

Areas of experience

A statement of your professional competence and

safety as a nurse/midwife

A comment on how you are observed to achieve

competence and safety

Date of the statement

Name, signature and position of the referee

Printed on the organisation’s official letterhead

Adaption program details if applicable

Archived