Leaving six weeks today

20yrspommie

Guest sormesher
I see some of the comments made by petals as being true - but for us we haven't been gone that long so family and friends will still be there they have been part of the journey with us - part of thinking we should go back now is that it wont be long before we do just become those relatives in Australia and I dont want that for me or my kids. You only get one life and not to share it with those you dearly love now seems frankly quite ridiculous -/QUOTE]

we have only been here 5 months, and we are going to stay to see if i settle but what you said about only having one life and not sharing it with those you love is ridiculous is the exact place i am in. my family are all together this weekend and my sister in law is getting married in june but i have chosen not to go as i want to go back in august to go camping with my neices, these are hard decisions and if i was in the uk i could do everything.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mr Happy

Surely you thought about this before moving? Some of these posts lately are ludicrous and you have to wonder if they are serious or they just have nothing better to do.

Surely you thought about this before moving? Some of these posts lately are ludicrous and you have to wonder if they are serious or they just have nothing better to do.

we learn through our experience - obviously no-body moves here knowing they are going to be as homesick and as some of us are - that's part of the overall dilemma. Most of us obviously think it's something that will pass or we will adjust to. The purpose of the posts are to discuss and help address some of these issues.

What I dont understand is the level of antagonism in this kind of posting which really doesnt help those who are obviously adapting or coming to terms with this huge life changing experience.

If you can be helpful that would be great if not then perhaps its you that needs to find something better to do.

Guest Mr Happy

You obviously have difficulty reading as well as making decisions. Reread the previous posts then mine and you might understand.:wideeyed:

Guest chris955

These things only hit home AFTER you have made the move, the excitement of the whole thing tends to over ride other emotions. I fully understand where people are coming from, also this is the 'Moving back to the UK' section.

Guest Mr Happy

Whatever. The obvious lack of research is very apparent from some posters. This is meant to be a place for the dissemination of information, not a place to look for a shoulder to cry on, well at least I thought that's what it was for?

Guest Guest37175
Whatever. The obvious lack of research is very apparent from some posters. This is meant to be a place for the dissemination of information, not a place to look for a shoulder to cry on, well at least I thought that's what it was for?

'Dissemination of information?,' what do you think this is mate, Wikipedia?

I'd say this forum like nearly all the others on the site are for a combination of things, information, debate, chance to have a laugh, opportunities to share experiences and in some cases have a bit of a moan.

I must say I'm a bit curious as to why you frequent this forum so often. You're obviously settled in Oz. Does it irk you that others aren't, or is it that they haven't in your opinion done their homework before coming out to Oz?.

Guest Mr Happy

So it's for moaners and those who haven't settled? I'm sorry I had better read the forums charter again as I must have missed something.:confused:

Guest chris955

Why bother coming onto a forum that you have no interest in and also don't understand ? There are plenty of people who don't get on in this country and go home, my advice is get over it and move on as it obviously upsets you.

Guest Guest37175
So it's for moaners and those who haven't settled? I'm sorry I had better read the forums charter again as I must have missed something.:confused:

Well, the name 'Moving Back To The Uk' is a bit of a giveaway. Seriously though, reading through some recent threads on this forum there's a number of posts from members for whom Australia hasn't worked out, punctuated by some cutting put-downs from yourself.

If the forum is for disseminating information then how did you help by informing a poster returning to Manchester that you thought that that city was one of the biggest holes you'd ever visited?

Who was that helping?. The original poster who's made the tough decision to return to the UK, others in the same boat, or did it just give you an opportunity to indulge your prejudices?

I come back to my question, does it bother you that some people don't like Oz, can't settle here and have a bit of a moan about it?. No one's knocking you for liking it here so why the disgruntlement towards those who don't?

To cut out some of the bs which is permeating the board lately. Sorry if you have a problem with that?

The only problem I have is understanding why you would say it is ludicrous for someone to post that they are missing out on family occasions and shouldnt they have thought about that before they left.

How can you really know how you will feel until you try - migration is full of gains and losses. We are all so different and I imagine lots of research and soul searching goes into making these decisions , I certainly know it did for us and good luck to you if you never question your decision but its a mistake to never say never as you can't possible know how you will feel say if something happened to a cherished family member and you were on the other side of the world.

I never regret my 20yrs in Australia we may still go back if it doesnt work out back here . I dont see that as BS - just posting my personal experience and reading about others which I personally have found helpful.

Guest Mr Happy

Are you seriously suggesting people didn't consider being away from family would be a problem? Give me a break!

Are you seriously suggesting people didn't consider being away from family would be a problem? Give me a break!

Cant you read, I said I am sure it was something that was considered a great deal , doesnt mean it wont be upsetting when it happens

To cut out some of the bs which is permeating the board lately. Sorry if you have a problem with that?

So you are the standards minister for posts on this forum. Now that is ludicrous!:biglaugh:

I accept your apology, but don't be so rude in future, think before you post and just grow up. :realmad:

Guest Mr Happy

I read and more importantly comprehend better than you do. Lack of research here is endemic and it's apparent many should not have moved in the first place. You can pick with a high degree of certainty those families/individuals who will not make it here. Prove me wrong.

Guest siamsusie
I read and more importantly comprehend better than you do. Lack of research here is endemic and it's apparent many should not have moved in the first place. You can pick with a high degree of certainty those families/individuals who will not make it here. Prove me wrong.

:daydreaming:and being of a "Happy" disposition I am sure you do your very best to settle people in, in the "new land"... good on you Mr Happy:wink:

Guest Mr Happy

That's funny! People have to settle themselves, non descript individuals on an internet forum really can't help them. :goofy:

Guest siamsusie

That's funny! People have to settle themselves, non descript individuals on an internet forum really can't help them.

Thats strange Mr Happy, so many people helped me settle when I first came here, and I would like to think I could do the same for others as well...:notworthy:

You're having the time of your life? You mean sitting at your p.c. stirring up s**t on a forum entitled 'Moving Back to the UK'?? That says it all. Get a life mate

Guest chris955

You just seem a little bitter and twisted so I assumed you were being ironic with your username :confused:

Archived