Certification of stat declarations ?!?

Dugong

Hi,

OH and I aren't married but have been living together just over 2 yrs. As part of our visa app (skilled family sponsored 138) we have to write a stat dec as to the state of our relationship etc. Does this have to be certified or can I send a print out from my comp? Also we have to produce a family tree diagram showing OH's relationship to his uncle in oz, does this need photocopying and certifying too? We have copied and certified all the official birth/marriage certificates showing family link.

Thanks for any help!

Rachel

Hi Dugong,

Ummm im not so sure, but i can tell you that i applied onshore(in oz) for my spouse visa and me and hubby had to do what immi called a "stat dec" we just wrote these out and never had them witnessed or signed by anyone, not like our stat decs that were from peeps in the uk and in oz (3 of each) which did have to be witnessed and signed etc.

Hope i havent confused you

gizmo

Thanks Gizmo,

Think I will get them certified. My best bud is also writing about how wonderful we are as a couple(?!?) so will get that certified as well. Just a another quickie...immi also stated to include any invitations to weddings, parties, christenings etc that show our togetherness(!) do you think I should get the photocopies of these certified as well? Sometimes feel to ask really daft questions!!

Where abouts in NSW do you live? We spent some time when we were travelling in Newcastle, Byron Bay and Sydney...loved it.

thanks again

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

We included all that you have mentioned plus photos/flight tickets/hotel bills/christmas cards etc to us as a couple/joint bills/bank accounts/mortgage/loans/ etc anything that you have - we didnt get ours photocopied but you could to pay safe in case any were to get lost god forid, nah your questions arent daft anything you need to know just pm me or ask on here ( if i had known up front how easy it was i woudnt have used an agent)

we live in Terrigal on the central coast but would like one day to move to Queensland,

Julie (gizmo)

Guest madpomcow

Hi Gizmo,

when you say "stat dec" and witnessed signed who do you get to do that here in the uk ? My hubby is getting references etc from people he has worked with etc. Do we need to get them off people here about our relationship ? If so can it be family members etc. Also my husband has a nickname and thats what he is called by and all our invites and cards etc are in his nickname. Do you that will be a problem

Thanks

Paula

Hi Paula

stat decs are witnessed and signed by soilictors or justice of the peace (if you know one ) in the uk and most solicitors charge, we had to get 3 stat decs from the uk and one was a family member they all had to be witnessed and signed y soicitors.

We got the other 2 of friends, but it could be anyone boss/doctor/vicar/anyone who knwos you both as a couple.

Don´t worry about the nickname (this could be written into the stat dec) as everyone in the uk knows me & hubby as stuju (stuart&julie) and alot of our cards invites etc have stuju written on them only.

Feel free to pm me anytime or ask online here

julie (gizmo)

Guest The.Colebecks
Hi,

OH and I aren't married but have been living together just over 2 yrs. As part of our visa app (skilled family sponsored 138) we have to write a stat dec as to the state of our relationship etc. Does this have to be certified or can I send a print out from my comp? Also we have to produce a family tree diagram showing OH's relationship to his uncle in oz, does this need photocopying and certifying too? We have copied and certified all the official birth/marriage certificates showing family link.

Thanks for any help!

Rachel

Stat decs have to be signed by the person making the declaration in front of a solicitor then signed by the solicitor him/herself. Have two copies done.

Good luck

Karen x

Guest col&dee
Hi,

Thanks for any help!

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

We had to do a stat dec about our relationship too and it definitely had to be certified.

Denise

Guest kimdownie
Hi Gizmo,

when you say "stat dec" and witnessed signed who do you get to do that here in the uk ? My hubby is getting references etc from people he has worked with etc. Do we need to get them off people here about our relationship ? If so can it be family members etc. Also my husband has a nickname and thats what he is called by and all our invites and cards etc are in his nickname. Do you that will be a problem

Thanks

Paula

Hi Paula,

we have needed to provide statements from friends and family, all of which have needed Printed name, signature, date, address, occupation, contact address and telephone numbers, context in which they know us, and how long they have known us.

There are links to further guidelines on the requirements for your application if you go onto the immi website and go onto the checklist form.

Regards

Kim:rofl:

Guest madpomcow

:) Thanks for everyone that has replied to my questions its much appreciated I will get all our Paperwork in order "stat Dec's" Also all the bills etc..

Hope to bump into some of your lovely People one day in oz :wubclub:

Cheers

Paula:wub:

Hi Rachel,

We had to do a stat dec about our relationship too and it definitely had to be certified.

Denise

Hi Denise

How are things going with your visa? We spoke about teaching a while ago...hope everything is going well with your Queensland teacher reg. We have just got all the sponsorship paperwork for my OH's rels in Brisbane through the post today (at last!) so can get the stat decs done and off it goes! Then I suppose the waiting really starts!

Have you found any more info on where to live in Brizzy?

Rachel

Archived