Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'stat'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 105 results

  1. We are in the process of completing our offshore (UK) application for a 309/100 partner visa and have decided to get a couple of UK-based Australian friends to complete stat dec forms in order to support our application. My concern lies around getting these decs witnessed. According to the DIAC website the following applies when completed overseas: ******************************************************** A statutory declaration can be made overseas provided that it is witnessed by a person who falls within one of the categories in Schedule 2 to the Regulations. Example 1 A doctor who is registered to practise medicine in Australia may witness a Commonwealth statutory declaration when he or she is overseas. A doctor who is registered to practise medicine in a foreign country (and not in Australia) cannot witness a Commonwealth statutory declaration. Example 2 A member of a police force in Australia may witness a Commonwealth statutory declaration overseas. A police officer of a foreign police force cannot witness a Commonwealth statutory declaration. If you need to make a Commonwealth statutory declaration overseas, you should be able to contact a person listed under Schedule 2 as an authorised witness at the nearest Australian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate. ******************************************************** Does anyone have any tips on the easiest way to find a suitable witness over here? I don't know of any Aussies living over here in the professions listed so that's not going to be an easy option and I don't think a UK solicitor etc can do it. I haven't followed the above advice of contacting the embassy/consulate yet - I just wanted to check with a few people here before I did as I'm sure other people will have come across this problem before. Many thanks in advance!
  2. Hi all, In a TRA skills assessment, one part is to "explain your work in your own words". Can this be typed in word documents and signed after printing, or does it need to be done on Statutory Declaration forms. Or maybe it needs to be certified by a JP. Does anyone know the best way to do this. I know I'm posting all the time! I've just "hit a wall" in my skills assessment. Thanks :biggrin:
  3. aussiechick2006

    Confused about Stat Dec's

    Hi everyone, I swear the more posts/sites that I read the more confused I'm getting! :err: My husband and I are applying for the 309 Spouse visa and I'm wondering just how many stat dec's I need? My husband and I have done ours and two friends in Oz have done the 888 Form and are sending them over. Do I need anything else from other friends/family? Many thanks in advance AC Sorry I posted this on the wrong board, so have re posted.
  4. aussiechick2006

    Confused on Stat Dec's

    Hi everyone, I swear the more posts/sites that I read the more confused I'm getting! :err: My husband and I are applying for the 309 Spouse visa and I'm wondering just how many stat dec's I need? My husband and I have done ours and two friends in Oz have done the 888 Form and are sending them over. Do I need anything else from other friends/family? Many thanks in advance AC
  5. Hi, We have lodged for 176 SS visa. We have Stat Decs from 2 people from my side and 2 people from my OH side. Now we've written our own (separate) statements. Can we just sign them, scan and upload? Or is it required that own statements are also notarized and in the form of Statutory Declaration?
  6. llessur

    Do stat decs "expire"?

    Might be a stupid question but I'm just finishing putting the evidence together for our 309/100 partner visa application and am aware that it's taken us sooo long to get all of the evidence together that some of the first stat decs we had done are now dated the end of May which makes them about 3.5 months old. At this stage I'm just going to submit everything on the assumption that the CO will ask for new ones if needed but does anyone know if this is likely to be a problem? I would get them re-done now but a couple of them were posted over from Oz so getting replacements could take a couple of weeks. We also have much newer stat decs dated within the last week or so - it's just taken an age to get them all back to us, countersigned etc...
  7. Hi, I've read through a great number of threads about Stat Decs, but most of them refer to Spouse visas... I hope there are some guys who know similar situations. I'm from Low Risk country, my boyfriend is British. From my side I want to get Statuory Declarations from my Mum and my cousin, as they know us best as a couple. We visited them several times and they live in different part of my country. For certification I will pick notaries, because they seem to be most recognised worldwide. I assume the Stat Dec is to be written in our native language, signed in the presence of a notary and then it goes to the sworn translator? Second question- while notarising their declarations, should the witnesses attach the copies of their IDs /Passports (also notarised as valid copies of originals) ? Last thing - is it OK that from my side only family gives declarations? We live in the UK, so when I go home I obviously visit family in the first place. Me and my boyfriend had some contact with my friends a couple of years ago, but now, because of time and distance, we're not very close. I'll be very grateful for any tips and advice!
  8. hiya my partner and i are going through the final stages of checking our forms before handing in for our prospective marriage visa. Going through our statutory declarations we have noticed that on one a friend has put myself (Australian sponsor) under 'applicants name' and my partner (British applicant for migration) under 'Applicants partner' and on the other it was me under applicants partner and him under applicant. Has anyone else had issues with this before and is it something they will deny the application on? Ive heard they are pretty uptight with things like this so dont want to risk handing it in if its going to get denied on something so small. :twitcy: has anyone else hit a point of being sooooo sick of forms and paper work n stress of making sure everything is right gggrrrrrr seems everytime we go through it we find something else wrong:arghh:
  9. hi, I am applying for a partner VISA, subclass 309, from the UK. I have statutory declarations from family and friends both in the UK and in Australia. I know I have to get the UK statutory declarations witnessed by a solicitor. What about the statutory declarations made in Australia then sent over to me? These declarations have been witnessed in Australia according to the list in the 'Parter Migration Booklet', so eg by a Doctor. They will be included in my submission to the Australia High Commission in London. Have I done the right thing? The certification of documents instructions on the Austrlia High comission website refers to who can certify documents in the UK - I am unsure whether this refers to only those declarations actually made in the UK (in which case I'll be ok) or whether this includes all statutory declarations included in the application. Does anyone have any advice on this based on their experience? Any help gratefully received!! Thanks!
  10. pts

    stat decs

    Hi, My two stat decs have arrived from Australia. The 888 forms are filled in correctly but I noticed that the copy of their passports are not certified. Do they have to be signed or is it enough that the actual stat dec has been witnessed? Many thanks
  11. Hi all, We are very close to applying for our 309 partner visa (offshore UK) - we have now been living as a couple for for over a year and a half but were a bit slack in getting my OH set up on bills, bank statements etc so we're waiting until the end of April to apply as we know we'll have a solid 12 months of evidence by then. My question is - the date from which we have the solid 12 months of evidence is 21st April but to save time, can we get my OH's parents etc in Oz to fill out stat decs, get them witnessed and return them to us in the meantime? For example, will it cause problems if we have 12 months evidence from 21st April but stat decs signed and witnessed on 15th April etc. Should we be waiting until 21st April before asking anyone to complete them? Thanks all!
  12. so i typed up a stat dec and had it signed by a solicitor stating we hvae no contact with my son for 6 months his father refuses his medicals so we cant meet the req for his medical. got email this morning to say they are not happy with the stat dec and that we have to provide one of two of the following Statutory declaration from the ex partner (custodial parent) stating they are unwilling to cooperate. cant get this we have no contact Failing this - 3rd party evidence from a Solicitor that the applicant has made reasonable attempts to contact their ex partner & request the medical clearances for the child. This evidence then needs to be submitted with a statutory declaration from the applicant detailing the circumstances & efforts made. The applicant will also need to acknowledge that as far as he is aware the child does not have a health condition which might preclude meeting the health requirement; and, that there are no clear intentions for the child to eventually migrate. what evidence do they want? a stat dec from a solicitor stating exactly what we have just sent along with the stat dec? im not sure what evidence they expect? help plz?
  13. Hi there We are compiling our evidence for a defacto partner visa, which we are applying for offshore. In the partner booklet it says that if you are outside Australia and you are unable to get Australian permanent residents to complete form 888 for you, you can obtain statements from people who know you and your sponsor, which should be appropriately witnessed. Friends and family and completing statements for us. Do they need to provide their contact details (telephone numbers) in their statements? And can anyone tell me if the Australian High commission contact the people who complete Stat Dec's... to interview them? I just want to make sure i get it right - its all a bit nerve wracking! I also want to give my friends and family advance warning that they might get an interview. Thanks in advance for any help Charlotte
  14. kellyjamie

    How do i do a stat dec???

    Hello all, can someone advise plz? when we go for meds we arent able to take my son so i know i have to do a stat dec but where do i get it from or what do i do/write? many thanks k x
  15. Guest

    Stat Decloration

    Hi everyone Does anyone out there know what the wording has to be on a Stat Decloration for their Father to sign so as the children can immagrate to Perth WA with their Mother. Does it have to be on a Soliciters Headed Pape?r, Does it have to be typed or written? what format is accepted with the Australian Immigration, If anyone could reply it would be great as we are about to put our application in . Many Thanks in advance:unsure:
  16. Hi, About to apply for de facto and a bit confused regarding the stat decs and supporting statements. I know for ozzies, we require them to complete an 888 form, get a copy done of their ID and have this certified. I also wanted to include supporting statements from my friends and relatives in the UK. I understand it is ok for them to write a letter, containing their statement and contact details and that ID is not needed. However, is it ok for them to just write the letter and sign it, then return it back to me, or should they be getting the letter counter signed by someone? If so, who? I don't want to have to ask people to go and hunt out a solicitor in the UK to get them witnessed if it is no necessary. Thanks :smile:
  17. Hi PIO, My OH has to do a Statutory Declaration regarding his employment, but just checking if it needs to be witnessed by a solicitor or a notary? And what the difference is? (That seems like a reallly thick question, but we need to get it done by the right person) :laugh: Thanks! Cx
  18. bennyboy

    Stat decs about partner

    Hi to all, Please help!!! Just reading page 40 on the Immigration booklet about the information needed for stat dec's about relationship with o/h. Can anyone please roughly state what sort of info they wrote? There is so much that is required, can't really think how to word it all either!!! Is there any particular information that will be looked at that is definately needed? I am a bit weary of leaving information out and the visa is refused! (Spouse visa). Any info as usuall greatly appreciated!:hug:
  19. Roberts13

    Stat Dec's

    I know this topic has been questioned alot and has many threads, however after searching the site i cant find an answer to my question regarding them so was hoping to shed a little light on my query. We are here on a 457 visa and currently completing an application for the 856 ENS. I am collating all the evidence for my husbands trade quals and work experience. For the 457 we had a few stat decs for his work experience as alot of the companies he has worked for no longer exsist. We had these stat decs signed by a solicitor in the UK at the time 2 years ago. So for the application i am able to get copies of his certificates etc and have them signed by a JP but for the stat decs will we need to do new ones and have them signed over here ? or can we use the exsisting ones we used for the original application ? Also if we can use the original ones are we able to copy them and have them signed by a JP also to avoid sending in the original? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
  20. Sorting my files, hope this helps someone out, it is our Statutory Declaration (personal info. deleted) for my two eldest children with regard to my ex-husband. We typed this letter ourselves, I went to a solicitor with my ex and he had to sign, solicitor dated and stamped. Done and dusted in 5/10 mins and cost £10.00. Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship DATE: (hand written by Solicitor) FULL NAME AND ADDRESS OF PARENT: (type in the ex’s details Name) of (full UK address). Department of Immigration – Australian Consulate Ref: (type in name of child or children and include date of birth) I, (type in father’s name) of (type in full UK address), (type in father’s date of birth), British Passport Number (type in passport number), HEREBY SOLEMNLY PROVIDE MY FULL CONSENT & PERMISSION to my ex-wife now (type in your name and date of birth), British Passport Number (type in passport number) to take our children (type in child/ren full names date of birth and British Passport Number) to permanently emigrate to & reside with their mother (type in your name) and step-father (type in hubby’s name, date of birth and British passport number). I understand this will be indefinitely and I am in full knowledge of their intentions to emigrate. Yours faithfully, (type in capitals fathers full name) Signed in my presence by (type in capitals fathers name), the same having produced to me his passport as evidence of identity. Dated this day of ………………..…….. 2009 …………………………………………. Solicitor
  21. k8bug79

    do stat decs expire?

    Hello, we have started to collate bits and pieces for my spouses visa. A few friends have done us declerations regarding our relationship and my ex is in the process of signing a stat dec to say my daughter can come with me. But we are now looking at delaying a few years becasue of work commitments and finances. Will the declarations expire? Obviously I would provide some for the interim period between what they cover and when we apply. My best friend from childhood is yet to do one for us so we can leave hers, but two friends local to where we live and who see us in our day to day lives have already written and had them countersigned. WIll this be an issue? Thanks
  22. Hi Guys, Have hunted high and low, but cannot find a simple layout for a statutory declaration (for evidence of our committed relationship). We are going to Tasmania on a 457 and my partner is coming as secondary applicant (de facto), Im aware of all the evidence needed but the family members and friends who are happy to provide us with their declarations are asking me for guidelines as to what info they need to provide and how should it be laid out. Does it have to be typed or will a hand written document be accepted? In addition, who notorises the document as genuine, does it need to be in the presence of say a solicitor and them to sign???? confused.com :confused: There are lots of guidelines and examples for permanent partner migration, but cant source anything that will give me a basic suggested layout and content for 457 de facto secondary applicants. Also can anyone tell me what evidence to give for dependant over 18 (as of this Friday!) who is in college and has always lived with me, is fully dependant even tho her Dad has also always contributed maintenance. Thanks so much guys :wink:
  23. purpledonna

    Stat Dec 888 question

    I have a question about stat decs. I'm from UK and still in UK. I have some australian friends who live in London who are going to write stat decs for me. Do they have to use form 888 or can they just type on blank A4? Thanks in advance.
  24. Boesman

    TRA question 8 and stat dec

    Hi, I'm a wall and floor tiler who has been self employed for the last 3 years and the year before that worked for a guy who I have lost contact with as he is also in Oz. I have to do stat dec in which I tell all about my tiling experience, but can I just copy all that for question 8 in the TRA application form as both wants the same as far as I understand it. HOpe anyone can give me some ideas on this especially those who has done similar.:eek:
  25. hey guys ... so first up just want to give a shout out to everyoone posting on thise site you have provided us with so much information that we are very thankfull for. just a few questions, firstly myself (australian) and my boyfriend (irish) are applying for a defacto visa in the next few weeks . we have been living together for just about 12months and dating for around 5 months before that . we have been collecting our doccuments needed and are just about done but are struggiling to find answers on the following: 1. must we get a health check before we submit the application. 2. do both of us need to get a health check or just my boyfriend (applicant) 3. how many photos can we submit and should the be oringals or printed etc etc? 4. when writing up our own stat dec/ letter of realationship is there any key points we should consider or any particular layout . (im worried i will just jumble useless info together and it wont look efficeint) 5. most of our recipts for little weekends away are in my name is this an issue (i would mormally for for accomidation and then my boyfriend pay for all activities we did- which we dont have recipts for) and finally any other usefull points anyone would like to add would be very helpfull.. thanks again guys and goodluck with all your applications