Help needed urgently, with on line 175 visa

z&p

Hi

Iwould be grateful for any help or advice anyone can give me regarding my application for an online visa.

I applied for an online visa (175) and had an acknowledgement reciept.

I then attached my documents on the 7/4/09, although haveing checked again, i'm not sure they have all gone on.

Each time I check the progress it states that documents are required but if I go through to the 'attach documents page' it says they are attached.

It also says that medicals and police checks are required.

I really don't know whats happeneing! I have sent emails using the link but have not recieved a reply, and I have rung the telphone number they give you but can't get through. My big worry is that it will be thrown out if i haven't attached the documents properly or on time.

Can anyone advise or help??

I will be eternally grateful!!

Z&p

Guest bentkitty

I am not 100% sure of the answer, as we used an agent, but after our application was submitted and all documents were uploaded, our status said 'required' for everything for MONTHS until we got a case officer assigned. I stressed about it at the time and asked our agent if they did not upload stuff correctly, they assured me this was normal, as the status only changes to 'met' when a case officer actually looks at what has been uploaded, and is satisfied with the information. In fact in our case, we went straight from 'required' to visa grant without status ever changing to 'met'. We know the case officer had checked the documents and everything was in order as we received a letter from him, only asking for meds and police checks and no additional info required.

It depends on your case officer whether they update the online status or not. Hope this helps.

Same here, I did online 175, attached everything, then reached maximum allowed and had to email rest. But it says 'required' until a CO looks at your case & signs it all off, so don't panic yet. Once you get a CO if anything is missing, they will ask for it. We had a month to comply with inaccuracies/missing bits once CO was assigned.

Kath

Hi Z&P

The first page of your evisa is updated by HOC once you've done and your meds are cleared, the second page is updated by the CO once your file is allocated..Our second page shows everything as required even though we provided all evidence in August last year and did meds in Feb this year..

Dont worry and goodluck..

Am currently having similar problem, am trying to apply for on line visa, can't get nowhere with it. Am applying for visa 175, but can't attach myself to visa, only my OH and children. Am I applying for correct visa? Am getting really stressed out, probably over nothing! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

At what point did you get your medicals, was it before or after the co was appointed. It says on the screen that they are needed but I don't know whether to get them now or not?

Thanks

Guest bentkitty

Personal decision on whether to 'front load' meds and police checks, or wait till a Case Officer has been assigned and asks for them. Bear in mind the meds have a shelf life of 12 months - when your visa gets granted it will say that you have 12 months to enter Australia from the date of the medical or the police check, whichever is the earliest. This is regardless of the date of the visa grant. Teh case officers have discretion to extend this period by up to 6 months, but you should definitely not bank on that happening, as it very much depends on the CO whether that is likely or not.

If you are not on the Critical SKills List you should definitely not do them yet as chances are they will expire before you even get a CO assigned. They are not cheap!

If you are on the CSL then you should have a CO appointed in a few months though CO assignments seem to have slowed down recently due to very large number of 176 state sponsored applications since March, and those have priority over 175 CSLs. You may be lucky and get a CO appointed within a couple of months, or you may not. If you are lucky and you do, then frontloading your meds & PCs should technically allow the case officer to grant you the visa a lot quicker.

We were on the CSL but decided to wait until the CO asked for them. Hope this helps.

Archived